Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,717
    Good morning Shiney,Walnut,Helen and all my other friends, everyone have a lovely Sunday and stay Safe,Walnut have a lovely meal out,Helen stay strong, [​IMG]

2. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,717
    Hi Helen I am just going now when Gypsy lets me get up off the floor: :D [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.I seem to be getting on here later and later and missing you all :rolleyes:

I do hope you all enjoy your Christmas meals today at home and out,and I hope you have a safe journey there and back [​IMG]

I am just about to make a start on cutting up the braising steak and vegetables to put in my slow cooker for tomorrows dinner and we have a nice piece of topside beef for dinner today [​IMG]

I might be back on here after all that has been done and breakfast eaten :cool:

Shiney,I do hope you have a good holiday down in NZ,I think you said that you will be going sometime soon [​IMG]

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen,woo, kandy and everyone.
    looks like i have missed everyone to this morning.
    helen my daughter thinks oliver but i didnt know whether i liked the name but well its their choice i,m not going to interfere
    My turkey is just about cooked had it in the oven on a slow overnight, we are not having xmas dinner till tonight as the daughter in law is at work all day. so i can get it all prepared and the table decorated, with xmassy bits and a candle,got some lovely dinner party poppers and crackers.
    have a great day all

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,663
    Good morning again, one and all.

Kandy, just over a week to go [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney and walnut just went over to the other page and see you had both left messages.
    shiney have a lovely holiday how long you going away for, i,m away 7 weeks arrive back 25th january.
    walnut lets hope the baby arrives before i leave iff not my daughter is going to e-mail pics for me to see when i,m in goa so i will get to see him eventually.
    have a great day

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, just a quiet day today.. Weather is pretty awful so shall probably go up to the greenhouse & have a fiddle later... :D

[​IMG] Hope you all enjoy your Xmas dinners etc today.. Ended up having a little Xmas tipple last night..! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Shiney you must be winding down here now & getting in the holiday mood.. If this weather keeps up you are definitely going in the right direction!! :D

[​IMG] I hope everyone has a great day whatever you are all doing... [​IMG]

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning guys and girls.

Woo I wonder who loves those walks in the mornings most you or your dogs? my rottie used to love going walkies with his mum and even though the breed had such a bad rapp it was surprising how many people would stop to have a chat with me about him...boy do I miss him still so very much!

Rosa Oliver is such a lovely name makes me want to break into song! :D Hope all goes well for your daughter I dare bet she's more than ready for his arrival, those last months or so seem to drag on something rotten and that funny duck walk that most mums-to-be have can get you down sometimes.....I wish her an easy birth, is she having a natural birth :eek: or is she going for a pain free one? ;)

Have a nice day guys and girls no matter what you are upto, I'm just having a cuppa and waiting for the drugs to work as usual then it's back to bed I go!
    Helen.xxx.

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen one and all,had a nice get together yesterday there was no getting there with the top down on the car it was bucketing down,went back to ours to finish the day(most ejoyable)Rosa you have to be carefull when chritening a baby and think what nickname they will end up with I think Oliver is a nice name but he will be called Olly, have a good day everyone.

11. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,717
    Good morning Helen and Walnut and all my other friends Helen I think it is me who enjoys the walks the most ,When my other two faithful friends went to the big kennel in the sky I still went for my early morning walks on my own.Everyone have a lovely day and stay safe. [​IMG]

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning everyone. Glad to hear you had a nice weekend Walnut. ... ;) Hope your drugs have kicked in now Helen & you are feeling a little better now.. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Well rosa, how was your Xmas dinner? Any sign of the little chap yet? I do hope everything goes well for your daughter & he arrives just before you go..!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing..! [​IMG]

13. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
  14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen,woo, walnut, marley, kandy, shiney and everyone.
    no sign of the baby yet, hes not due till the 7th, shes having a natural birth.
    I told her he will get olly and oliver twist, but she reckons kids are cruel and iff they are going to pick on other kids it could be anything whether their plump, thin or their name, guess shes right.
    The dinner went well we all enjoyed it. turkey was a little dry but still ok.
    going out for lunch today save cooking and doing some last little bit of shopping before i go away.
    have a great day everyone

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,663
    Good morning everyone,

rosa, we're going for about 5 weeks.

Marley, I don't know about winding down. There's so much to get done before we go. At least with the gales that we have just had the willow has now dropped all its leaves and I can get them cleared up. The acers and hazels are still hanging on in there but they aren't too bad. We have over 50 deciduous trees, large and small, and they take a lot of raking :eek: and it's a bit much for my poor old bones [​IMG] :D

I'm looking forward to the holiday but not to sitting on a plane for over 26 hours [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mrs shiney is doing the usual panicking about packing [​IMG] and I shall think about it a day or so before we go.

Have a great day