Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, & rosa again :D . Beautiful cold crisp morning here & the sun is just coming through brightly now.. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Glad yesterday was a good day.. Lets hope today is even better everyone. Take care in the cold!! :eek: [​IMG]

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all,

Ah Helen what are you like?? [​IMG] I adore christmas, but we have no decorations anymore. Not even a tree.
    It saddens me, but we just dont have the funds to stretch decorations AND presents/food/parties/new years etc. So we've agreed that this years exciting point is our little catman coming to live with us, and next year we'll put aside money all through the year to pay for christmas deccies! Enough to cover the house inside and out!

I'm sufficing by playing christmas music ridiculously loud and watching Christmas movies on sky :D Ooo, and doing my christmas cards!

Please please can you all send me your addresses! I would so love to send you all cards, you've all become so important to me!

Must reassure you all that i'm training little kittenhead to ignore the rats, Shelbys attitude to them should hopefully rub off on him anyway!

On the note of ratties, I have to say goodbye to one of them today. Shes very unwell and is struggling now, and with this frost its making it even harder for her to get through the nights. So I've decided its time to say goodbye to Triss. :(

Here are some photos of the beautiful girl before she reached her illness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And carrying on the Trissy legend, her litter that the clever girl delivered me earlier this year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have a little burmese girl from her, 2 siamese boys from this litter, and also, a replica of Triss, chosen for that very reason - the tinker looking up at the camera in the second picture, Lumos.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,674
    Good morning everyone.

Helen, I'm pleased that you had a good day and hope they continue to get better [​IMG] :D

Whiley, sorry about Tris but she has left you some lovely young ones [​IMG]

I wish all of my good friends on GC a very merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and see you all again next year. [​IMG] [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

4. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ee Shiney have a great one!!!

5. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Just took this as it made me laugh and cheered me up.

[​IMG]
    Apparently, tv is out of the question this morning.
    Ta Shelby.

Please excuse washing drying on radiator behind her.

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,Marley Shiney and Whiley,nice to see you all up and about this fine cold morning [​IMG]

Shiney,Myself and Mr Kandy wish you and Mrs Shiney all the best for 'Christmas',and we hope you both have a very 'Happy New Year' down under. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Whiley sorry about Tris,but I know that you will have plenty of fun with her babies and the new kitty when it arrives [​IMG]

7. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone.

Its another cold day here, but its not snowing, so that works for me.
    Heading out here soon to do some more Christmas shopping, why is buying for teenagers so hard!!!!!
    Have a great day everyone!!

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Oh Whiley I'm so sorry to hear about Tris she was such a beautiful little girl, it's always hard to let your fur babies go but you did the right thing by being brave for her.

It's not nice to see anything suffer when you can ease their pain by a simple trip to the vets but then again it's not that 'simple' for any of us to find that strength to make that incredibly hard last trip if you know what I mean? Keep strong girl sending you (((Hugs))).

Funny how I survived the christmas tree incident although I think it knocked what little brains I had as I went to Meadowhall to get a certain gift for Dan's girlfriend only to find they had sold out...should have phoned first :eek: never mind thank goodness for the internet at least I can order it on line.

Bob was a complete gentleman and didn't make a fuss with the shopping trip he's not one for going shopping but is always ideal to carry the loads after all that's what you guys are for isn't it?

Well I had a very busy day yesterday as not only did I 'do' the shopping trip but was also able to do some baking (the first time in a long while) which I enjoyed although I think I will have to remember to go easy in future! ;)
    Helen.xxx.

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen and allI have heard this said somewhere before not one for going shopping but is always ideal to carry the loads after all that's what you guys are for isn't it? and yes it's true helen ;) shopping to a woman is an experience to a man it's an ordeal, have a safe day everyone.

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all , lady imp has booked us in for xmas shopping all day then she will finish me off on the market and then its the xmas shop at the supermarket tonight, she had her plaster off yesterday so she making up for it ;)

11. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all,

Looks cold out there but i won't be venturing out, have shared my germs with the rest of the family who now think they have the flu, otherwise known as a heavy cold to all us strong ladies :D

Whiley,

Sorry to hear about Triss, lovely pic's, that cat looks like she's the boss :D reminds me of my old dad, he always used to be surrounded by the remotes too [​IMG]

12. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all, thank you for your words about Trissy. I miss her already, but being kept on my toes by everyone left!

Going back in for more Christmas shopping alone this time. Whenever Darren comes we end up in a pub for lunch and 'planning' and then find ourselves never leaving the pub until the evening when we reach home with no shopping done whatsoever.

I've done most of it, but i now have 2 babies to buy for too, and i'm clueless as to what to get them, i'll go play in mothercare.
    That, and the hurdle of an incredibly spoiled niece of mine. If she wants it, she gets it. So the rest of the family dont know what to buy her. I'll call her mum and see if shes got a list of some sort!

Helz, the knock might have hit you on the noodle but at least its not confunded your sense of humour! *hug*

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,722
    Good morning everyone I trust that you are all well and looking forward to another Day,all take care and stay safe. [​IMG]

14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all. The sun is shining..!! A beautiful day. Going to see one of my grand children in their Nativity play this afternoon. [​IMG] Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing..!! [​IMG]

15. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning, its sunny and not too bad temperature wise here, laundry to do, so i had better get back at it, have a great day!!