Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    That is fahrenheit of course Terrier. But it actually sounds colder in Celsius -34.44.

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ahh too chilly. Poor Penny!

3. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,528
    It makes them laugh over there when they hear they our trains stop running because of a couple of inches of snow. :rolleyes: At least they are prepared for cold weather.

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Whiley you must know by now 'boys' don't 'do' house work you have to train them to do it and boy does it take forever to train them, it's far easier to train dogs ask Paula on that one...oh dear I just know some of you guys out there are going to slap my hands for that! :D

I don't think I will ever moan about how cold it is every again Penny how you must be suffering!

Sadly little Holly didn't come round yesterday as something cropped up at the last minute which is a great shame as I missed her school play the other day too...although truth be told I put her off last years one as when all the little angels(of which she was the smallest) walked around the crowd of parents etc. I shouted 'Way to go Holly' as she passed by the poor kid didn't know what to do.

I know I'm pretty lucky as Bob always says when he goes round to fetch her that all her face lights up when she sees me....how nice is that?

My 'new' next door neighbours have been having a party since 7pm last night and even now the boom, boom, BOOM of their music is rattling the walls....now I'm very proud of my working class background and never thought I would call anyone 'white trash' in my life but sadly that seems what they are next door! :(
    Helen.xxx.

5. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen and all Whiley you must know by now 'boys' don't 'do' house work you have to train them to do it and boy does it take forever to train them, it's far easier to train dogs naughty girl Helen you forgot to put the word some in front of boys, but you are forgiven having suffered with those selfish bar stewards next door, you should report them to the L A get them logged as rowdy neighbours just in case they get worse,have a safe warm weekend everybody.

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,722
    Good morning Helen,Walnut and all my other friends Have a lovely weekend and all be safe
    [​IMG]

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone hope you are all well.

My husband refuses to do housework because his dad tied his mum to the kitchen sink when they got married so he and his dad and sister never had to do anything.Mr Kandy and his dad think that it is sissy girls work so much prefere to be doing man jobs like DIY,cars and gardening.

This is why in one way I think living together before marriage is a good thing because then at least then you can find out what to expect,though saying that a lot of men I know who help round the house only do it because they have dominant wives who wear the trousers,so have been Trained to do as they are told.Doing housework isn't a natural trait for a man,they have to have someone to make them do it.Men are the hunter/gatherers and woman are the housewives and mothers :rolleyes: :D

Enjoy your day everyone

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, a bit chilly this morning! Not as cold as you though Penny!! :eek: Yep I think you are right about he world laughing at us when it snows here Strongy!!! :D

[​IMG] Well everyone have a great day whatever you do..

9. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm doing a try before you buy! [​IMG]

Darren isn't too bad, its John really :mad:

Well it turns out that i can't get my adorable little kitten today, as he hasn't had his nads-off operation yet, so its next weekend!

A bit sad about it, but i suppose thats life.

10. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Oooh chin up Whiley.. Now your "little Kit! really will be a Christmas puss! ;) :D

[​IMG] Whiley I have always assumed men "don't do" when it comes to housework etc.. Then it is always a real bonus when they do & you really appreciate it..!!
    ;) Just find him a nice DIY nightmare every now & then.... Always think assembling a flat pack from Ikea is a good one..!!! ;) I like the "try before you buy" bit Whiley.... :D But don't be too hard on Darren as he looks a real sweety & he obviously cares allot for you by the sounds of everyhing you have said about him. This time of year brings allot of stresses & strains with it... Like I said Chin up & smile at life.... :D

11. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha Marley, no my Darren is fantastic,i would never be without him.

I'm so chuffed with my day on here and my painting!

I've done Tiny and Gypsy, and Gog's Jake is half done too. But i'm off out now for a birthday party *mutter*

I'd rather be painting.

Call myself a 21 year old?! I'm a poor example of my generation. [​IMG]

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,Kandy you wrote, Mr Kandy and his dad think that it is sissy girls work so much prefere to be doing man jobs like DIY,cars and gardening. I guess I must be a sissy but Ialso do all the other things as well and more, Doing housework isn't a natural trait for a man,they have to have someone to make them do it.Men are the hunter/gatherers and woman are the housewives and mothers not many women these days fullfill the role you describe here on both counts gone are the days when women were housewives & mothers not many men are hunter gatherers they prefer to watch football.Have a safe day everyone.

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Oh dear hope I didn't upset you Walnut with what I said the other day :eek:

I'm an old fashion girl and too dumb to change, I believe that a wife should be chained to the kitchen sink bare foot and pregnant....only joking or am I? [​IMG]

With all my problems of late Bob's been putting his foot down and helping out but it hasn't been easy to let him do things for me.

Had a lovely card from our old neighbours from 10 years back it appears they are now back living local as when they sold up they went to live on a boat of all things!

Sadly now they have had to stop being water gypsies (due to health problems) so in the New Year I'll be popping over to see my 'Uncle Tom' and giving him a 'Hel's special' a smacker followed by a big hug and a home made flan for his sweet wife just like I always made for them each christmas when they lived near us.

Funny how they have managed to suprise me two years in a row last christmas I sent an card via their son and Uncle Tom phoned me on New Years day and boy did we have a long chat and of course a good giggle as always.....when I do go and see them at least it will be Tom's turn to put the kettle on and me supplying the cakes!

Isn't life great! [​IMG]

Helen.xxx.

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Had a very scary moment when Dan's g/f almost discovered some christmas gifts yesterday I'm going to have to be very careful from now on as I do like to surprise the kids both young and old with what I buy them.... it doesn't matter how old they are they all like snooping around in my carrier bags the cheeky things.

Bob hopeless the poor darling he couldn't keep a secret to save his life he nearly told the guys want I had brought them....I can't wait to see their faces when they open them but I'm not sure if Bob can wait that long!
    Helen.xxx.

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,722
    Good morning all my friends (is that the time already)Bit behind this Morning Like the Cows Tail :D Mrs Woo in her Infinite Wisdom decided that we make an early start (Christmas Shopping)
    OH NO!anything but that HELP!My Kingdom for a Bit of Solitude and Sanity. [​IMG]