Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
  2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Woo,Gogs and Marley,We had a great time down in Somerset,though the weather could have been better{snow instead of rain :rolleyes: } but we were able to get out and about and spent a lovely couple of days with my sister and her hubby to see in the New Year :cool:

I am trying to get all the holiday stuff washed and dried and my kitchen looks like a Chinese laundry at the moment. :eek:

I took some photo's of the first sunrise of 2008 which was really cool.I have a lot of catching up to do so might not be around on here much until it is done.

Gogs,sorry to see you have been groggy over xmas and I do hope that you are starting to get better now that the New Year is here.I usually get all the bugs for Christmas but touch wood I have been fine ...cough cough splutter....

3. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    TY Kandy ,yea much better now ,Amoxicillin done the trick so bk. to the grindstone tomorrow.
    Pleased all went ok anyway.X

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Ah yes,I know that name well.Quiet a strong antibitotic.I had that one when I had the streptacoccal? infection in my tear ducts so It sounds like you have been quiet poorly with it. :eek:

Take Care and keep warm and let someone look after you for a change,it won't hurt the men to wait on us occassionaly xx

5. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Kandy, great to see you back [​IMG] , Loads of catching up to do in my house too, if i haven't been at work or out celebrating [​IMG] ive been hungover, so roll on monday to get back to normal :D

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,722
    A very Good morning to everyone,Have a good Day
    and stay safe and Don,t forget to wear that Smile
    One Size Fits all. :D [​IMG]

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo and all,smiling as ordered Woo, HYN Kandy hope all goes well for you this year,hope you managed the appointment for Bob yesterday Helen and all was well,have a safe day everyone.

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and all.

Welcome back Kandy nice to know you had a good time. Oh dear the 'Chinese laundry' thing... one of the down falls of going away on any holiday unless you are a naturist of course but at this time of year (at least in the UK) you would have to be very brave indeed! :eek:

Dee you naughty girl I'll try not to SHOUT ha, ha...I'm sure at the time you had a great experience but a hangover is one of those pit falls some of us do suffer from and I'm sure you were not alone with your suffering!

All was well at the hospital check-up for Bob of course he got blasted because he had put on two pounds but thats one of the pit falls of loving my roast tatties...he's like a little kid if there's any left he's got to have them and better him than me! :D
    Helen.xxx.

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Dee,Woo,Walnut,Helen and all members on here. [​IMG]

I am late up again this morning,which I have to expect now that we are in the deepest darkest depths of winter.

I felt like my head was full of cotton wool all day yesterday and I felt quiet muzzy.

Still I now at long last have my lightbox due to Boots.Com continued cockups,not sending me a replacement for the last one that had the smashed plug and then telling me they couldn't deliver before Christmas,then finally delivering it Christmas Eve when I had already gone away grrrr :rolleyes: I have it on at the side of me at the moment and the light fills the room so I will see how well it does.You were right Walnut I will be able to use for plant growing later on. :D

Dee,It sounds like you had a great time over Xmas with the celebrating.I used to hate having to go back to work with only two days of the week left.They should everyone two weeks off like they do the school kids,then it might make it easier to go back,but perhaps not.

Walnut,Thankyou for your kind words.Having a sore back is something I will have to live with as the vertebrea is degenerating but I am determined to keep mobile and will have to change my life accordingly and do what my back tells me to do.

Helen,I do hope that both you and Bob also have a better year than the last.Just keep your fingers and toes crossed [​IMG]

10. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Good Afternoon everyone, No I havent just got up:) ive been catching up on housework..Helen so happy everythings ok with bob, my hubs the same he can't bare to see food wasted, but he's going on a diet and using the exercise machine thats collecting dust, ive given the last of the sweets away, bcos he just can't help himself.. Kandy i hope the light box works for you, winter can be a bit depressing and long, does'e your head in [​IMG] ive been off for 2 weeks with my school job, but i also work in a club and work extra shifts over the holidays :( enjoy your day everyone...Dee.

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Dee back to work you go on Monday then... I'm pretty sure most of the kiddies are eager to tell each other what Santa has brought for them, although to be honest I think most of them might know that Santa has a little help from mum and dad!

Kandy you must keep us updated on the light box and tell us all about any pitfalls you might have but hopefully it will be a success story all the way.

Hope all of you are well or at least feeling a little bit better today Gogs, this cold weather is playing havoc on so many people's health something rotten what with that terrible bug going around.

Poor Dan was sent home from work as although he thought he had recovered from the bug sickness (as he did have two good days of fitness) it came back tenfold yesterday and he can't keep anything down I'll be trying him on dry toast later and hope he can at least keep that down otherwise it's just going to be bed rest and plenty of fluids, it's not nice to see your babies poorly even if they are all grown up and tower over you at 6ft!

If you don't see me on for a couple of days then you will know I'ave come down with the sickness but at least that's one virus that can't be caught over the internet!
    Helen.xxx.

12. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Take it back! [​IMG] :(

Yay for lightbox Kandy... what is one?
    Sorry to hear your back is playing stupid games with you :( Never fun at all.

I have to say at 21 i still whimper for my mummy when i feel poorly, Helen, actually so does Darren at 27! [​IMG] Hopefully it will bypass you, i'm afraid i had it twice too, i'm just getting over it now.

Guess what?!!
    Look whos here!
    [​IMG]
    Meet Artemis :D
    I'll make a thread for her in pets in a moment!
    Shes just so amazing, and making me so happy, Darren says hes seen a change in me since she arrived!

Well today brings for me, a bit of painting, reading some more of my lovely garden books that you lovely folks have sent me then maybe wondering up to the garden centre to pick up some seeds and other bits

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,722
    Good Morning all my friends have a great Sunday and stay safe,I,m just off on my early morning Constitutional with Gypsy and Tiny. [​IMG]

14. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo and all,take care on that early morning walk Woo,Helen try Dan on flat lemonade it's one of the few things that will stay down when you have the bug,Whiley don't forget to incorporate a loo in "your" garden for Artemis when you redesign it you will then keep well in with the neighbours,have a safe day everyone.

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Kandy dear that you don't suffer too much and that you can get through each day without too much pain, take it easy sweetheart. [​IMG]

Whiley Artemis is a lovely looking cat looks just like my mum-in-law's 'Tiny' although she was far from being TINY if you know what I mean!
    I'm sure your heart will be full of love for your new fur-baby.

Walnut thanks for the advice regarding the flat lemonade, poor Dan was so ill yesterday and as hungry as a new born babe he kept trying all sorts but did manage to keep a slice of bread and butter down but that only made he more hungry!
    Enjoy your Sunday guys. [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.