Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone

Whiley Google 'Lumie'and you will get all the information off of there though at the moment my cat Willow is fighting me for front position and sits right in front of it :eek:I keep pulling him away and the next minute he is back again.Love the photo of the cat...

When I had my MRI scan done it showed that the bottom vertebrea has degenerated with age and normal wear and tear and I have two bony outgrowths{spurs}one of which was pressing on the Sciatic nerve..

Dee I hope everything goes OK for you when you go back to the school [​IMG]

Woo,too dark and cold to be up and about flying brrrr [​IMG] :D

Helen,I do hope that Dan gets better.I am dreading itif I go down with it because I know how I felt last August when I had that horrible sickness bug. :eek:

Helen I went out into the garden yesterday afternoon to do some pottering but when this silly disc started feeling sore through the bending I had to pack it in.Not pleasant at all.

I do hope that you are feeling pain free.It took well over ten months before I started to feel better but I know now I can't overdo things from now on.

Have a good day everyone in all you do [​IMG]

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well bum.
    My coughy coldy nasty is getting worse :( Again!
    Thats the 3rd time in 2 months. I think we can officially say my immunity is a tad low right now.

Thanks for that info Kandy, very interesting! Keep yourself feeling bright, wish there was something i could do to help :(

Helen - poor Dan! I can entirely sympathise! Whats the point of being ill if it scratches the idea of pizza in bed?!

Artemis says hii!
    Or more accurately kjjjjjjjjjjjjgsdfffffffffffffffffffftrqwe

if i allow her to type by herself!
    Shes proving to be a bit of a pickle in the mornings, she gets very energetic and mischievous, so off out for walks in the morning like Woo :D
    Shes an indoor cat with tendancies in the past for wandering too far from home, so shes an indoor cat now and shes happy on her harness for walkies.

Back on later all, have a lovely Sunday!

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Kandy I know only too well how you feel sweetheart and how easy it is to think you can do things just as easy as you could do before only to find the pain kicks in with vengeance, after 10 or 15 minutes the pain kicks in for me even with all the medication I'm taking which is such a bummer! :(

I got up yesterday around five and should have tried going back to bed had I known how much pain I was going to have I would have done so.....not a 100% sure if the new medication is still working for me oh well back to the doctors next week!

Poor Dan is still not able to keep anything down he told me even the bread and butter had a return visit just before he went to bed.

I do hope he doesn't loose much weight as last time he was ill and had to go into hospital he lost an unbelievable amount of weight in a week it was scary!

He gave work a bell only to be told can't he come in and that the manager he spoke to said if its the bug that is going a round he should be fit enough to work by now as it's only a 48 hour thing...how caring bosses are :rolleyes: Dan said to hell will that and good for him!

Anywhere I do hope you are all 'bug free' and if not you have someone to care for your every need and also to come to your aid with a sick bucket if needed, take care guys. [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

4. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  5. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Awwr Helen back to the doctors again!
    And poor Dan, i'm feeling the struggle here, i'm still hurting in my belly, andin the the stress of it all, my back and hips are kicking up, plus i've now had this 48 hour bug just over a week and a half.
    And as much as all i want to do is curl up and read or paint, my job is on the line, i'm only in my first week there, i'm so scared if i ask for time off that i'll wave goodbye to the job :( Still being in my trial period and whatnot.

Still, onwards, i have to try! Going to call for another doctors appointment now, and also have my first weight watchers tonight - theres another thing, i have barely been sick with this bug :( As traumatic as it is for Dan it would have been jolly useful for me [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm just kidding folks!

Anyway, added a new painting on my hobbie thread. [​IMG]

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone.

It rained here overnight and we are supposed to have temps here like its a spring day.
    Have been really busy the past few days, but i hope everyone is well.

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,January always seems to be the worst month for these bugs I think apart from the weather people feel a bit down,next month with the promise of spring in the air and the days getting noticeably longer things will improve, have a safe day everyone.

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Walnut and everyone else that pops in here.

Having problems getting up in the mornings at the moment :rolleyes: :( but as spring is round the corner then I am sure that things will start to get better [​IMG]

The birds are singing their little hearts out which is always a good sign though I think we still have the worst of the weather to come.

Have a great day everyone in all you do [​IMG]

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut, Kandy and all.

Been having problems with my lap top this morning it seems it wanted a lay in :D but as you can see it's working fine now!

Whiley regarding the 48 hours bug I phoned our doctors for some advice about Dan and it seems quite a few (including me) have got it all wrong it's not a 48 hours bug you can have it for weeks, the reason being some people have been calling it a '48 hours bug' is because you have to be isolated from others up until 48 hours after your last bout of sickness as you are still infectious during that time!

Been advised not to give Dan anything to eat just plenty of water but it's so hard for the kid but at least he hasn't any diarrhea but saying that he can't keep anything down so there's nothing to run out so to speak! :eek:

I hope you don't get any stick from your new place of work Whiley if you do then maybe you would be better off else where.

Kandy there's nothing wrong with having a little extra lay in, just as long as you have not got somewhere to go that is.

I have noticed the birds singing and I must say it does give you a spring in your step...oh the joys of spring hopefully just round the corner.

Had a lovely suprise over the weekend as we had a visiter who we hadn't seen for nearly six months! It was Gerrard (Gerd as we call him) Harry's best childhood friend the two of them have been buddies since infant school, Dan was best buddies with his older brother Joe but sadly they had a fall out over a silly girl which was such a shame...hopefully they can be friends once again as I really liked Joe just like his brother Gerd.

Gerd has been to Ireland these last months as he is really down about his job working in the local posh hotel, he always wanted to join Harry and have a career in car body work and it seems he still wants to do so. I only hope his mum sees how much his wants to change jobs and gives him her full blessing, fingers crossed she does as when I talk to Gerd we always end up talking about cars and stuff so she must know how much it means to him.
    That's it for today no more rambling or at least not on this thread! :D
    Helen.xxx.

10. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone.

More rain lastnight and more snow gone, but man does it look yucky out there, almost want to go and rake but calling for snow on the weekend.

11. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Does your snow often disappear at the beginning of January Penny? I seem to remember years ago in Toronto we had white-out from November to March.

12. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Evening all, sorry to leave it late! Feeling utterly knackered and ****tastic right now. Very ill, don't think i should even be at work but theres no way they'd give me in the job perminantly beyond these temping/trial weeks if i'm away for part of it.

But then i'm well aware i havent been on the ball at work either, so thats probably not a good impression. :(
    Feeling very painy in the usual old areas from recent incidents too, off to doctors again tomorrow after work to figure stuff out.

Feeling rather miserable, unsuccessful, hurtie and ugly.

Sorry for the rant, its been building up for a while now and Darren is busy and needed to explode. I feel bad to keep bringing my low times onto here, you all make me feel so much better though! I know a lot of you are in much more serious conditions and i feel a bit selfish ranting here, i'm sorry. :(

13. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Whiley. Rant away babe. It's a great release of tension and you never know, you could be contributing to Nathan getting the Nobel prize for medicine.

Besides that, if you can't rant amongst friends where can you rant? And it just pees them off if you do it in the pub. :D

14. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Whiley, if you go into the non gardening forum you willl find my " place to rant and rave mark ii " thread. Let it go girl, as Sarra says, we are here for you. [​IMG]

15. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    And, by the way, the Kleenex are in the post. :D :D