Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    No, just a Samsung E250 Kandy it weren't that expensive, about �£50 i think.

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,723
    Good morning everyone I am just about to embark on my wide awake club Constitutional with Gypsy and Tiny. Have a good weekend and stay safe [​IMG]

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and all.

Hope you get warmed up pretty quick coming back Woo from that walk with little and large, talking about which I'm sure you get plenty of strange looks having two very different sized dogs....I know we did when we had our tiny Toy Poodle Cosmo and Jason our long haired German Shepherd although I have to write Cosmo was pretty mean and yet Jason was a gentle lamb!

Kandy the weather has indeed been quite terrible and as most of us one here I'm wishing for Spring to hurry up to arrive and of course all the lovely bulbs that 'spring up' and say Hello!

Grogs I know what you mean about not being able to go online....my laptop's power cable is playing up so I have to nick Dan's to go online, Bob's machine is way too slow, I wouldn't dare use one of Harry's gaming machines in case I erased something and as for Dan his room is a haven for wildlife at the moment so I'm keeping well away from there! :eek:

I'm a simple girl (as if you all didn't know) as long as I can still text on my mobile that will do me fine and yes you have guessed right I do indeed do eassys with my text messages!
    In fact that's pretty much all I can do as I'm still using my original sim card from years ago, so even though my phone is able to go online my sim card will not allow it!

Grogs it's nice to know Rosa's been in touch not sure if she will be ready to come home soon to our weather though...chilly! :D
    Helen.xxx.

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo,Helen and all, enjoy that walk Woo, Kandy my mobile phones are all hand me downs my kids keep up to date with the latest and pass the older models on to me,to be honest I wouldn't go out and buy one, I am made to take one out with me when I go on my rides mrs Walnut insists,have a safe weekend everyone.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

Gogs my first phone was one of those brick types and then I progressed to the modern Knokia 3310 which I have had now for five years.When I am talking to someone,the signal now keeps breaking up and going distorted so two years ago we looked at replacing it,but all the ones we looked at the keys were indented and were fiddly to use so I still have old faithfull for the time being.The one main problem with it,is the keys don't light up at night which can be quiet annoying :rolleyes:

Walnut no children I am afraid so no hand me downs.Mr Kandy bought my first one so that if I broke down on my my little motor scooter I would be able to let him know.When it did break down and I rang him he said that he was at work and he couldn't drop everything to come and help me,so I ended up having to push the bxxxxy thing in full waterproofs for a couple of miles which was no joke.Luckily our next door neighbour came along on his white horse and rescued me.All it was,was a build up of stuff on the spark plug which stopped it working two miles from home [​IMG]

Woo,hope you enjoyed your walk in the dark..Too creepy for me out there :eek:

Enjoy your day everyone in all that you do

6. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    [​IMG]
    Last year were the year i were i thought of #1 for a change lol, i got myself a new mob.,laptop & needed to replace my camera too.
    Just maybe's i might get away for a few days this year,believe it or not i haven't had time away for many years,so why not says i.

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to you Gogs. [​IMG] Yes do try and get away if you can.There are some lovely areas for touring around where you live.

Can you not persuade Mr Gogs to take you away for at least a week which would give you a well deserved rest from looking after them all? [​IMG]

8. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all, nice day off, i had a bit of a lie in then did my workout dvd.

Bit of a sad bunny at the moment.
    Feeling self conscious enough about my weight right now, and then the hairdresser goes and massacres my hair.

No its not just me that says that. It makes me look horrific. I've not done much in the way of not-crying since.

On the other hand, to make myself feel better, i just tied it back so i looked less stupid, and went shopping as i was in town anyway.
    Retail therepy does a girl good.
    A pair of black patent pumps, some soft bronze pumps, some big sexy black heeled boots, a skirt with braces, a shirt, a jumper, tank top and new big black leather 'chuck it all in' bag later and i felt a bit better.

That and Darren and I are doing a 'Helz and Bob' and having a day at the cinema. Seeing Mr Magorium and Hitman.

Should be good!
    Have a lovely one folks.

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Kandy I remember those 'brick' mobiles only so well, we had a very trendy (well at the time it was) duck egg green Swatch one I've still got it box and all I can't bear to throw things away....I'll never be a minalist!

Whiley sweetheart your new cut can't be as bad as that can it? :confused: Bob always says the difference between a bad hair cut and a good one is a couple of weeks....lets hope your hair grows really quick darling and maybe think twice before going back to that salon!

I'm sure going to the movies with your beloved Darren will cheer you up Whiley, the lead guy in The Hitman is one sexy bald dude although when he was starring in Deadwood on Sky I didn't think so!
    Helen.xxx.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to one and all on our cosy little breakfast spot :D

Whiley,don't worry too much with your weight until you have got your health back to a reasonable level.Did the Doctors say in the end exactly what was wrong with those problems you had before Xmas?It all takes time for things to settle down,just take it easy [​IMG]

I seem to have an aversion to hairdressers only going when I really have to because I hated in the past having half a can of hairspray plonked on my hair and choking me to death.When they ask now if I need it I say no thanks,and do it myself when I get back home then I can put on just enough to hold it in place without nearly killing me :D

Helen,I too am a bit of a hoarder.I got rid of all my school books when I left school for the last time and then regreted it,because if we had had kids I would have liked to show them my school work,so after that I started keeping everything.I have had to really make an effort to get rid of stuff I never use and now just keep the birthday and Christmas cards from the special people in my life and get rid of the rest...

Now we have moved into a new house{6 1/2 years}I no longer have shelves and windowsills cluttered with ornaments,mainly to cut down on the time it takes to dust them and also when our cats were kittens they had a tendency to walk along the sills and nearly knoocked the few items I did have on there.I don't like the rooms to look stark,just tasteful with a few well chosen pieces :cool:

We watched Pirates of the Caribbean.. At Worlds End last night but I got bored with it in the end.I think they are running out of story lines,because they insist on churning out more and more of the same films. :(

Enjoy your day everyone...

[ 13. January 2008, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,723
    Good morning all my friends another great Sunday
    is in front of us I trust that you are all well rested and ready to enjoy today,Keep wearing that smile and enjoy your sunday Lunch. :D [​IMG]

12. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning guys

Well Hitman and Magorium werent showing n the end! :( So we rented a bunch a of movies instead.

I'm not doing uber diet Kandy, i'm quite well structured with doing it with my doctors supervision as it were. I'm afraid we are still working on exact results, i'm feeling less and less ill with it as the days go by, slowly but surely, but we're doing test after test at the moment to pinpoint whats going on. Its very stressful.

I have even more blood tests tomorrow, so i guess i can only keep you all posted. :(

13. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,535
    Had a good sunday lunch and it was literally a 'joint effort'. I start it, we both interfere in the middle and In-house Advisor finishes it. :D

14. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    It`s called teamwork strongy. Kandy, I tried watching World`s End just before Christmas, and got fed up with it less than half way through. Nowhere near as good as the first two films.

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Kandy I know what you mean being a hoader I gave away loads of my boy's toys when they were younger they were so good and always looked after them very well as they were a little spoilt (which seems a thing one does if you come from a large family and didn't have much growing-up) we would give them to their cousins and sadly the toys wouldn't last the guys a day.

After a while I stopped giving them away as I couldn't stand the horror of such destruction and when we moved house a couple of years ago the amount of boxes full of their old toys was unbelievable I think Bob said about 30 or so were just the boys toys!

I'll leave it upto the lads to get rid of them when they like, now and again they will sell the odd thing on eBay like their boxed Joe 90 briefcase complete, mint and boxed from the '90's they got nearly a �£100 for them each!

Kandy, David I know what you mean about 'Pirates of the Caribbean.. At Worlds End' a bit long winded and I hate how they always put a little bit of the story in between the end credits it takes forever to get there but if you don't wait come the next movie you tend to think 'Hey wait a minute how did she had time to have a baby! :eek:

Sorry you missed out on at least on the Hitman Whiley we don't seem to have a problem about missing movies and are a little spoilt as our local cinema has 20 screens so it always seems as if the movies has been showing forever!
    Helen.xxx.