Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Thankfully had a another good night just wish I didn't rattle so much never mind better to rattle than be in a great deal of pain!

Walnut I have been caught a couple of times with constipation (nothing like talking about that in the morning!) but I just added some more fruit to my diet and that sorted me out, good job too as I wouldn't want to suffer the way poor Bob does as the Calcium Resonium he has to take every day to lower his potassium levels does make it agony in the toilet department!

Walnut I don't want to make too much of a fuss with the doctor as I am just really pleased how well I feel at the moment I know it's not a long term thing but I'm just enjoying the relief of most of the pain.

I think the trouble is that my doctor and the physio have not had any contact with each other both are relying on me to supply the findings of my tests etc. to one another, goodness knows why in this age of computer friendly times!

Anyway now I'm feeling so much better I'm so looking forward for the weather to change so Bob and I can get busy in the garden in the meantime I'll sort out a few DIY jobs around the house that I can do.

I may be a traditional woman regarding cooking etc. and although Bob did stir the spaghetti for me last night its me that owns the most of our gargets/tools well all except the HUGE angle grinder of which I haven't been able to lift the blooming thing yet but you never know the time may come when I am able to lift it and god only knows what damage I will do to anything that comes in my path I might well have a Texas Chainsaw moment! :eek:
    Helen.xxx.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,hope you have all managed to get away with being flooded out and not getting struck down with that nasty sickness bug :rolleyes:

Penny sorry to hear about your youngster not being very well.As Walnut says this bug over here is knocking people for six :eek:

Helen,I had to push to have my MRI scan done and the Doctors can refere you for one.My Osteopath reffered me to have one done privately as it was a five month wait under the NHS.I had mine done with a firm called Global Diagnostics and had to go and have it done in one of those mobile vehicles and the images of what they found is transmitted by email straight to the doctors surgery and I was given the films in a large envelope.By the waymy appointment came through to have it done on the NHS,the date, August9th my Birthday when I had that sickness bug so wouldn't have been able to go anyway.

Good luck with your problem and I do hope you manage to get it resolved.I am glad I had mine done as I now know the problem and have been able to chage my lifestyle to help the condition.

Enjoy your day everyone in all you do [​IMG]

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy.

Kandy I could never pay for treatment that is available on th NSH even if I had to wait a long time for treatment to come through, don't get me wrong hubbie and I are not short of a bob or two (that's a pun) it's just not us.

If I were a beloved pet instead of a beloved wife I would get speedy private treatment there's no doubt about that..... maybe I should come back as a dog next time. [​IMG]

As you might have guessed I popped back to bed only to be woken by the phone and I'm glad to write I'ave got some really good news....it seems there is an opening with a physiotherapist in the next village to us next week and I'm taking it!

Fingers crossed in next to time at all I'll be able to be off all the drugs and still a reasonable pain free life, of course I'll keep you posted and bore you with the details as I go along! :D
    Helen.xxx.

4. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all, hope your well. Its another grim day in west yorkshire, when we will ever see the sun again I dont know! Or did I miss something and global warming has turned the sky grey?! Glad to hear your feeling better helen, & hope the new physio goes well!

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, glad to hear you are all having a good day today.. [​IMG] Have good one everyone whatever you are doing..!!! [​IMG]

6. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone,

Yep, there is a nasty flu bug going around here too, one minute your fine and tghe next, either your stuck with your head in the toilet or your tush is stuck to the toilet, not fun, but so far i havent gotten it.
    Have a great day everyone.

7. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Penny, " your tush is stuck to the toilet? " you`re not part Welsh are you by any chance? [​IMG] :D

8. daitheplant

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Helen I was put on a course of Dicloflex a couple of months ago. It didn`t do much good, how were you?

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,hope everything tuns out ok for you Helen good luck next week,have a safe day everyone.

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Thanks Walnut I'm sure I'll be okay as long as the tablets keep working through the treatment not too keen on 'if there's no pain there's no gain' theory!

Penny you very well may be one of the lucky ones just like we were only one of my son's got the nasty virus and bless his little cotton socks he kept it to himself.

David the Dicloflex is doing a marvelous job (at the moment)it gave me a painful belly ache at first but the doctor dished out yet another tablet called Lansoprazole (one Bob's on too)and this seems to be taking care of the pain.

I have been able to stop taking the morphine for a few days now the doctor said I would be in a shocking state for a while going cold turkey but I haven't felt a thing I think just like the Tramodal it didn't really work for me...one down five to go!

Had a lovely surprise yesterday my little niece Holly popped round with her older brother Steven as soon as she walk in the door she stated she was staying she had Bob in stitches!

Got a bit of a shock when we took Holly home her little sister Jade (aka Chuckie as she looks like the character from Rugrats) was running around giggling her mum said 'show auntie Helen what you have got' and the little trike pulled up her night gown to display some Fifi and the flowerpots knickers! I screamed with terror and nearly needed a nappy myself as I knew only too well what was coming next Chuckie said 'I'm wearing knickers Auntie Helen I come to your house now'.

Whenever we take Holly with us Chuckie would say 'Can I come' and although she has been on short trips with us I have always put her off by saying 'I don't do nappies' now it seems I could well have two little ones around the house....I'm sure Chuckie will keep her uncle Bob running around in circles after her just what he needs to get fit for the garden work to come! [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

11. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone.

Its cold and blustery here, which is good, kill all those nasty germs!!

:D , Nope, not Welsh, not that i know of anyway ;)

12. petal

petal Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a test to see if my avatar has changed

13. daitheplant

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Helen, it sounds like you should now get your GP to put you on Prozac. :D

14. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all, started this years run on compost purchased 3 bags yesterday will probably use at least 70 bags over the growing season,couldn't resist a calathea while I was there, have a safe weekend everyone.

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,725
    Top of the Morning Walnut and all my other friends
    I hope you are alll wearing your best smiles ,Have a great Weekend and stay safe. [​IMG]