Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Blimey Rosa what a palava!
    Mind you, adventures away are always worth it i say :D looking forward to those pics!

Last night was a toughy :( I went 'foggy' after moments of arriving at hte meal, and zoned out, i couldn't hear anything or pay attention, and then the group decided they wanted to go to a busy busy bar and STAND - ah the pain :( But Darren managed to wangle us seating in another pub and encourage the rest of the party to do the sitting thing.
    Bless him. I managed to keep my feet on the ground towards the end of it, but i panic, i cant win! I turn up and look like i can't handle my diet cokes [i swear thats all i'm drinking at the moment, i'm not sacrificing my painkillers for alcohol! No siree!] or i dont turn up and look rude.

Well the blokey part of the couple in engagement had a good old chat to me, which made me feel so much better, ad managed to anchor myself to Earth for the duration.

Ah i say. It was nice, but i can't say i much enjoyed it, but then Darren did and thats important to me [​IMG] He can juggle looking after me with happy events, hes one of those guys! :D

Off to see my dad today, first time i've had a chanec to see him since he and mum left each other earlier in the month, its all gone smoothly, but guiltily, i'm the favourite daughter of dads. Because my sister and he clash so often and my sister says very cruel things to him.

Wondering i if i could milk a garden cetnre trip out of it >.>

Not shallow, honest!

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good Morning all & Welcome back Rosa,will catch up with you soon.xx

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Rosa sorry I overlooked your travel woes and as you can see I even got mixed up which thread I was on! [​IMG]

It seems you did have a lucky escape Rosa I do hope your o/h isn't sore for too long, as for your extended travel I think I would have chicken out of it all and booked a room for the night...but then again I bet your pleased to be home! ;)
    Helen.xxx.

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandyfloss, whiley and gogs thanks for the lovely welcome back.
    hubby not too bad helen and the travel was a bit of a nightmare but at least we are back in one peace,had a great holiday,for the first 4 weeks i met this lady from seatle usa great person we had loads in common painting, photography, we will keep in touch and going to send her link for gc.
    hoping to see my new grandson this week sometime i will go up once this jet lag wears off.

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,362
    Good morning, Sweetie ... so good to have you back. [​IMG] Sorry about all your traumas these past couple of days. I'm out today so I'll catch up with you later. xx

6. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Hello Rosa [​IMG] Mrs Pal say's Hi too.. Nice to have you back. Can't wait for your pic's ;)

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi LoL, pal and mrs pal, so pleased to hear from you, will upload my pics as soon as the fuji charger has charged fully and hopefully get my sony battery sorted, didnt do them in goa they just wouldnt upload into my pictures at the internet cafe. never mind will do them in the next couple of days.
    got to go for shopping shortly something for dinner.

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all & welcome back rosa..!! Glad you had a lovely time even if you did have a couple of mishaps & you are both home safe..! :eek:

[​IMG] Enjoy your day everyone whatever you may be doing..! [​IMG]

9. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Rosa, and welcome back, what a nightmare gett'n home, poor you, and the food poisoning/byke accident [​IMG] But sounds like you had a great holiday, and dying to see the pics...Dee

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi marley and dee, just got back from shopping and going to complain to national express coaches for their awful expensive services we got from them last night,99 pounds each to be told their was problems with the lines and we all had to get off at york to catch a filthy coach musty smelly old coach that took 2 1/2 hours to get to newcastle, which should of been and 1 1/2 drive, he took the back roads not the A1, so a complaint is going in shortly.
    other than that everything is fine, going to do my pics later.

11. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Linda, I hope you brought us all a stick of rock back. [​IMG] Helen what`s the news on Bob`s problem? [​IMG]

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Rosa I can't believe the coach driver didn't take the A1 every time we pop upto Bo'ness we always take that route although Bob always instist I don't talk to him when we hit Newcastle as that bit of the journey was always a little tricky for him! :confused:

A few years ago Bob and I took my mum-in-law up to Scotland and although we took the A1 it still took us 6 hours to get there as Doris had never been to Holy Island but it was well worth the time going there as she couldn't believe how beautiful it was.

David it's not funny so try not to laugh but it seems like poor old Bob has pulled his back he's now saying he didn't know back injuries were infectious! :eek:

I don't want to sound mean in anyway but I'm really pleased it's not anything else (although we will know for sure this coming week)as I was very concerned he had pneumonia at first as he complained it hurt to breathe. He walks around very stiff and when he moves in a certain way he has a jolt of pain.

He keeps asking me if I had this ache or pain and when I say 'yes' he can't believe how I went so long with it all but sadly if it's a long term thing he will have to grin and bare it as due to his condition there are very little pain killers he can take without causing his kidneys even more damage but as I said we will know more this week as he is due to see the kidney doctor once again.
    Helen.xxx.

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,728
    Good morning Helen and all my other friends,Have a good day and stay safe,Its very Foggy at the moment but that should,nt make a lot of difference anyway, Gypsy usually leads the way with me running behind. [​IMG]

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning to you dear Woo I can just imagine the very beautiful Gypsy in all that fog running ahead looking almost like a wolf! :D
    Helen.xxx.

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,728
    Yes Helen Its difficult not spilling the cup of tea when you are running :D [​IMG]