Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen and woo and everyone that joins us.
    helen do hope bobs back is ok soon, i went to bed in agony last night pains in both arms and my ribs were sore must of been with lugging my luggage up and down steps from gatwick to underground to get to kings cross and york was a total nightmare getting over the bridge as i fell over my case just collapsed with the heavy bags.
    daitheplant never saw one stick of rock in goa :D :D
    enjoy your foggy walk woo with gypsy

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning my lovers!

Another fresh day, at least its not tipping it down.

Got some housework to catch up on, and going to spend time with rats, and then if my energy levels aren't too iffy i'll do some repotting and set up some spring pots :D

Still hunting high and low for a man and van to help me do dump runs, no response this far mind.
    Ever hopeful!

I've decided i would love to have a garden party for my birthday. Its not long off i know but i'm hoping that once the junk is out of the way it will reveal the garden in a way i can work with, and fabulous lovely David is coming to help me soo too :D I'm so excited!

3. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    Morning Whiley and a well done to David for giving you a hand.
    What are you going to cook for him for lunch?

4. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    What ever his heart desires!! Plus cookies to take away.

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, been out for a lovely walk & shopped already this morning! :D

[​IMG] Hey Whiley sounds like a busy day for you, just make sure you don't over do it..!!

;) Need some energy left for when Darren gets home.... ;)

[​IMG] Have you thought of phoning the council to come & collect all this rubbish for you?? If you phone them they will tell you where to stack it all for their guys to collect! We get a free collection a year then a small fee charged after that.. Well worth it in my opinion if you have no transport of your own to do it... [​IMG] Good Luck... Have a good day all whatever you are doing.. [​IMG]

6. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Marley, in Exeter you have to pay �£75 to get a 'dump run' collected. �£10 on a select day to get a fridge or like one item collected.

I've looked into it :(

7. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone.

Its dull and actually warm here, calling for rain and then turn into freezing rain later, good thing i dont have to go anywhere.

8. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Whiley any chance of getting a skip, then the shed can go as well?

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,728
    Good morning everyone I do hope that you are well and have rested .Have a good day and stay safe,I have a busy day today for an Owl that is :D [​IMG]

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Woo don't you overdo it, love the roses,stay safe everyone whatever you are up to.

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Rosa it does sound like you have been in the wars. I know after a lovely holiday sometimes you may get the 'return blues' but you really shouldn't be suffering all those aches and pains sweatheart I hope you recover soon from your ordeal. Sounds like you just may need another holiday to recover from this one! [​IMG]

Whiley you lucky devil entrapping David like that I dare bet in next to no time you guys will sort out your plot. even a good old tidy can make the world of difference.......treat David well plenty of cuppas etc. and he just might come back for more! :D

David you are a gentleman for coming to Whiley's aid. [​IMG]

Woo enjoy your busy day but remember to make time and have a cuppa and of course a little rest.
    Helen.xxx.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, walnut, helen and everyone.
    helen maybe i should have 7 weeks maybe in the maldives to recover from this :D :D made a complaint to national express trains and they have asked me to send a letter and tickets back and they are sorry that i have had a bad experience with the travel back to newcastle, and are doing a full investigation, it was on the news the other day guess i wasnt the only one to complain about their services.
    wpp enjoy your day dont over do things mind.
    everyone have a fab day.

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,flying visit this morning.Hope you are all ok and battling on with everything that life throws at you.

This laptop is getting to be a nightmare especially after I had a virus try to come in the other week but was stopped by my AVG.I have had stern words with one of my friends because it is the second time it has happened when she has sent me emails.She infected her friend with a Trojan virus a few weeks ago and I nearly ended up with it. :mad:

I gave up on the end last night and closed the whole lot down :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a good day in everything you do,but don't forget that snow is on the horizon for later on this week :D

14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all,
    Hope all your aches & pains go soon rosa.. I find flying brings on allot of aches & pains, plus of course it doesn't help having little accidents as well!!!! :D Poor old you!!
    :eek: Yes they are saying a cold snap, must try & finish tidying up outside today then!!

:eek: Good grief Whiley �£75...!!!! Gosh you don't think you are getting much of a deal, till you here of others....! We must be pretty well off with our council then after all... Fridges etc �£15 for 2nd collection in a year, other big stuff �£40 for 2nd in a year. I think David's idea of a skip is a really good idea Whiley, you don't have to have a really enormous one... Unless of course you need a big one..!!! :D
    Good Luck!!

[​IMG] Have a good day everyone in all you do.. [​IMG]

15. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I know, its mental! But thats Exeter. None of this first year, second year, stuff, just one item for a tenner, second item for another �£5 aslong as its on the same colection as the first, after that you have to hire them for an hour and its �£75. Rediculous.

I called a man and van company, they're now restricted from dump runs because they've forwarded a lisense! Either you drop off your own property and dont hire someone, or you pay for collection via council! So if i went with the man and van, i'm have to sit in front withhim and tell the dump folks hes my uncle!!

Skip is a good and frankly better idea! I'll look into it now!