Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone.

Its sunny and warm here, too bad that we still have snow though!

2. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    In Torfaen the council will collect three items for a tenner, and when you consider a three piece suite constitutes ONE item you can see how good a council we have. And you`re not restricted to just once or twice a year, as long as you pay your money they`ll collect. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. daitheplant

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Helen, as long as it is in a sensible radius of where I live, I don`t mind helping anyone. [​IMG]

4. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  5. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hugs from me too David, I dont know why but here you go...
    [​IMG]

6. daitheplant

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Thank you Dee, :D Tell hubby I hope they do well tonight. [​IMG]

7. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Yeah, Arsenal.. He said no chance [​IMG]

8. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    Penny, I looked up Ontario,Canada, on google and it's bigger than the whole of the UK! Where I live in North Wales we can have torrential rain whilst it can be warm and sunny across Merseyside (about 30 miles away) whilst in Manchester (60 miles away)they can be experiencing heavy snowfalls! Where abouts are you in Ontario? Does your part of the world have as varied a climate as we do in the UK? (sorry, just being nosey) [​IMG]

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,729
    Good morning everyone i do hope you are all well and happy,have a great day and please stay safe. [​IMG]

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo and everyone, its dark out there this morning, got the council coming round this morning as they are doing improvements to our area, putting new main doors to our entrance,and they are doing kitchens, bathrooms, internal doors and windows,seeing that i have my own kitchen and internal doors to my apartment, going to ask for a new front and back door, bathroom re-fitted and i only need 3 new windows to my property.
    you get a choice so i will see what they are offering, pleased we never bought this place now or i wouldnt have got nothing done iff we had.
    have a lovely day

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo,Rosa and all.

Whiley your not the only one who have to pay their local council rip off prices to removed stuff I'm pretty sure our's is the same too goodness knows what we pay our council tax for!

Lucky for us one of our cars is a scenic and we can remove all the back seats so we are able to get rid of most large things although Bob and I always fight over who is going to lift what.

When my mum died a few years back I'm sure they were going to charge a good few hundred to clear her flat thank goodness my brothers worked for a firm that could do it for free although knowing my brothers they wouldn't have paid to have it done it!

Rosa I think it's that 2010 thing isn't it? bringing council houses upto standard, a few of my neighbours have had an assessment although not many are too keen to have any refurbishments done while its cold and I don't blame them.

Kandy it's not much fun having a virus on your pc I do hope Mr.Kandy can sort it out for you sweetheart.

Later on today I'm being kicked out of the dinning room today Dan's got the gaming bug from Harry and is now building his own gaming PC it cost him close to a grand which is peanuts compared to what Harry spends Harry still needs to fit a water cooling kit in his 'Big Daddy' pc that was pretty cheap for him as it only cost just over 200 quid....kind of scary water and electric but I'm sure the guys knows what they are doing! [​IMG]

If Bob's better we are going for a little ride out, Bob's struggling to drive in comfort but he still finds it easier than me he's glad I removed my pink parcel shelf from my little corsa as we are going to start using that soon but I'm refusing to remove my pink dragon seat covers and of course my leopard skin steering wheel (how tacky is that!) I did have a pink one but it got so faded in the sun..... funny how Bob was pleased about that!
    Anyway have a nice day people and take care.
    Helen.xxx.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen and kandyfloss.
    helen yes thats it the council ae bringing properties up to standards, they were measuring yesterday the block front doors and when we all have new windows the place will look nice as i am right on a main road so it should look nice, my flat is the only one that hasnt had eletricals done dreading that mind the noise and mess.
    kandy i would definately have someone in to look at your lap top. my pc was a bit slow last night but i think thats general with a lot on broadband.
    have a great day

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

We had some rain last night so everywhere is damp this morning but at least I won't have to go out with the hose pipe and water the garden [​IMG] :D

Still running slow at the moment,well slower than normal.Mr Kandy has got a new card thingy to replace the Belkin one so once he has installed that hopefvully I shall be faster than snails pace.Sometimes all I get are the names at the top of the screen and nothing else for a couple of minutes.
    Even when I try shutting down the computer at times a few minutes has gone past and nothing has happened so I have to hold the power button down for ages before it goes off [​IMG] :rolleyes:

Rosa get all you can out of the Councils as we all pay enough Council tax as it is,though saying that Mr Kandy last week recieved a letter from the other Council we were under where we used to live in our bungalow and thye have rebanded it and it has been put from band 'D' to band 'B' so going back to 1991 they have sent him all these statements because he had overpaid and it amounts to over �£450.I thought they would send him a cheque but they will just adjust the payments on this house.

We are going to put the money towards paying off a bit off of our mortgage,well every little helps :D It is nice for the old pensioners who brought our bungalow becasue that will be more in the pocket for them.All we need now is for our village to be rebanded because our Council Tax is based on 1991 figures but the village didn't come in to being until 2001,so work that one out if you can.

Enjoy your day everyone....

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,didn't see you pop up there :D Wait until they do all the work and then buy the place off of them.It will be a good investment for your old age.We are going to keep this house looking decent and then hopefully we are going to downsize to probably a bungalow and then use any spare money to live on.

We never had jobs with large salaries until Mr Kandy went into IT so never was able to belong to pension schemes,but he has just had it announced that the market suppliment he and two others were receiving has been taken away so for the next two years he is going to lose 25% of his wages every six months :mad: Good job we are not heavily into debt,though at 56 it is too late for Mr Kandy to start looking into another job.You just can't win with this country. :(

[ 30. January 2008, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy, just to think we were going to buy this flat off the council i,m pleased we didnt now and yes you are right we are paying full rent to this place and full council tax �£130 per month so i guess your right i,m getting everything i want done, all the money we have spent on this flat all new inner doors a kitchen.spend a fortune over the years.
    the council wont give you money back iff you overpay, the gas board always pays money back, its annoying really as its your money. its wrong really.