Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all.!
    I hope all goes well at the hospital today for Bob, Helen. Got my fingers crossed. ;)

[​IMG] Getting ready for a birthday party on Sat today.. Party bags etc. It is a swimming Party... 30 little girls this time..!!!! :eek:

[​IMG] Have a great day everyone in all you do.. [​IMG]

;) BTW Whiley, how did you get on with ordering a skip??????

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Blimey Marley, 30 little girls in a pool going mental, sounds like chaos to me.

I've had an offer of help from a lady with a van who is going to come over and help me tackle the nastiness with Darren while i overlook the proceedings! All this and shes happy to be paid in cakes and cookies :D

So happy days! On the other hand, i'm having a tough day on my legs right now, can't seem to hold myself up so i'm sort of crawling/dragging/leaning my way around the house until my appointment later at the doctors for the stick to come out!

Then later, we have a friend coming over for movies and a curry [i've saved points from WW :D ]

So much much fun. :D

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D Yes Whiley it will be mental all right with 30 of them..!!!! :eek: :D

[​IMG] What a nice lady to come & help too, soo glad you can finally tidy up!! Just hope the weather doesn't interfere..!!!

[​IMG] It's a good job you are a tough cookie Whiley, I hope the Docs can help... Remember, don't take the first "NO" as the final answer.. About time they found something to help you!! Take care, got my fingers crossed for you!! [​IMG]

4. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its coooold here and calling for a snow storm to start here around supper hour, supposed to get up to a foot of snow!!

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all went to bed pretty early last night I think it was 6.30 never done that before!

Marley I dare bet it is so much fun having that pool party I'm pretty sure the adults will enjoy it just as much as the girls!

Whiley you have indeed been blessed for that lady to help you out although how are you going to manage seeing her eat all those lovely cakes!

I hope you can get sorted out at the doctors Whiley not much fun when you have to struggle to get about but as Marley says your a fighter girl.

Penny it's pretty cold here too but I dare bet it's not a patch on your weather....hope your heating keeps you warm enough.

Bob's hospital trip wasn't too good they are not happy with his blood pressure.

We were also shown a chart of Bob's kidney function he started getting treatment 12 years ago and it was at 60% now it's down to 25% we thought that was pretty good but sadly it's not the case. The doctor said within 5 years Bob could very well need dialysis unless we can control his blood pressure.

Controlling his b/p is not an easy job to do as some drugs he has to take to control the disease actually do his b/p harm he has now got to take water tablets to try and help lower the b/p. I hope they work for him his first set of tablets made him really ill and he had to stop taking them, the other set gave him huge lumps all over his head!

The doctor thinks Bob has had a touch of pneumonia or pleurisy which was causing his pain last week as he found something in Bob's lung when he gave him the once over but he doesn't seem concern over it but we will keep an eye on it just in case it returns.

Fingers crossed the water tablets will work for Bob, on the plus side he will be able to get a feel of what it's like for us ladies when we are pregnant with rushing to the toilet at high speed and fearing with will not make it! :D
    Helen.xxx.

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,733
    Good morning Helen and all my other friends have a great day and all be safe.Its the First day of February another step towards the Spring [​IMG] Pinch and a Punch Its the first Day of the Month :D
    Gypsy and Tiny are in the Garden just warming up before their real walk. [​IMG]

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen and Woo, looks like Bob needs some tlc Helen (i'm sure he gets it)looks like you're in night shift mode you will be tired by lunch time,Woo a hit and a kick for being so quick, have a safe day everyone.

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,714
    Good morning everyone,

I'm just about catching up with everything here at home so thought I would say hello to all my friends on GC. I've still got piles of things to do but have got fed up with the paperwork and the phones won't start ringing for a while.

I hope everyone is OK [​IMG]

Have a great day :D

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to all the early birds :D

Shiney,I know what you mean about paperwork though for us all ours is,is Mortgage statements and household bills.Hope your holiday down under went well

Helen,Mr Kandy was put on Diaretics to control his high BP but luckily he wasn't flying off to the loo all the while.After quiet a few years on them our new Doctors in this village have taken him off of them and now he takes beta blockers which have helped bring down his BP but he still has to take them.He also has to have a Kidney function test done every six months.He isn't overweight either so it must have been his stressful job that brought it on. :eek:

Good luck with Bob,it sounds quiet nasty what he has and then poor old you with your back problems.Good luck to both of you and hope that everything turns out ok [​IMG]

They were saying on the TV the other day that 700 people a day are appyling to live in Australia and New Zealand and are desperate to get the brits over there.I think I will do what the couple on the TV were doing and apply as a gardener like them,and then I will be able to get a skills visa...Anyone care to join me [​IMG] :D

Mr Kandy has fitted a new card into the side of the laptop and done some fiddling,like he always does and now I seem back up to speed..Lots of catching up to do though....

Enjoy your day everyone in all you do and I hope the weather is kind to you...

[ 01. February 2008, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello again all.

Walnut I nipped back to bed after a couple of hours and of course feeling better for it and yes Walnut Bob get's plenty of care I just wish he took things a little more easy.

Welcome back Shiney piles of work is without doubt far better than piles on your bottom...sorry just couldn't resist it! :D

Kandy Bob is unable to take beta blockers the doctor mentioned them yesterday but he didn't explain why Bob can't have them just that Bob can't have them.

If so many people want to live in New Zealand and Australia one would thing that in no time at all both of those lovely places would be over run by yobbos just like this country, surely those countries can't stay nice forever.

Thank goodness Mr.Kandy has sorted you out (oh my goodness that doesn't sound very nice) it's always handy to have someone in the family who is able to fiddle about with computers etc. and save you money in the process.
    Helen.xxx.

11. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,714
    Hi Helen,
    fortunately that's not a problem :D

High blood pressure, high cholesterol and overweight is another matter - but I'm working on it [​IMG] . Over the last six weeks I've managed to get my blood pressure down from 156/100 to 140/88 and lost 8lbs in weight. I'm working on the cholesterol but won't have another blood test until April. When they tested me in January it was 7.7

Kandy,
    Although a lot of people want to go to New Zealand it is not as easy as they think to get out there. Whilst I was there I looked at the rules and they use a combination of factors.

You have to have the right skills and/or the right age and money. If you're young and have a skill they need then you can immigrate with no problem. There is then a sliding scale of how much they want you. Once you hit 45 you have problems. Even with a needed skill you need to have quite a bit of money as well. The type of skill affects how much money you need. Once you reach 60 you need to have 2 million dollars (�£800,000) to immigrate. There are some exceptions to the rules - like having family out there etc.

I would guess that Oz has similar rules.

I haven't had time to catch up on how all my friends on GC are and what they have been doing so it will take quite a while for me to get back into it - and that will be slowly because of so much to do.

Have a great day :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning, woo,walnut,helen,shiney,kandy,marley and everyone.
    welcome back shiney hope you had a great holiday, i,m still jet-lagged after my hols trying to get back into our time zone with losing 5 hours.
    helen hope you both take care nd hope everything is ok.
    kandy yes i will join you but we have to find something a bit easier than gardening with our back problems :eek: :D :D
    have a great day everyone, hoping for a bit of snow today so that i can get out and try this new camera of mine.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Helen,there was an article on Richard and Judy the other night and some chap on there said that there are plenty of jobs for people with skills.I expect that like over here in this country people don't want to work.There was a young couple on the proggrame who are going over there as he is a Gardener so will go on a Jobs skill Visa,or whatever it is called.His girlfriend isn't into the gardening side but she can go as well.It has taken them 19 months to go through the process though.

My late young brothers daughter has just come back from spending a year in Australia and she loved it so much she is seriously thinking of going there for good,but can't make her mind up what to do.I wrote and told her to go as there is nothing for the youngsters in this country unless you have a degree,but those who have a degree have no experience,so they can't win either way.

I can't see Australia getting overrun for a few years yet looking at the size of the country...

I already have one niece who has sold up and gone with her husband and two kids because they could see there is no longer any future for people in this country unless you are a Doctor,Dentist Politician,or have a successful buisness etc...

Sorry to hear about Bob.Mr Kandy's sister developed high BP aged 29 after the birth of her second child and has been on them for years,whereas their parents didn't develope it until they were quiet elderly...

Mr Kandy works in IT all day long so it is handy to have someone to be able to sort it,but it has taken him two weeks to get to this computer to have a look at it.He doesn't like dealing wiht computers when he gets home from work,he likes a rest from it. :rolleyes:

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa [​IMG] I will crawl round on my hands and knees if they would take me,though I don't think my poor fair skin would tolerate that heat so it would have to be NZ instead [​IMG] :D

Hope you get some good photos with your camera and have a good day [​IMG]

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa,I have just read Shineys post,so it looks like it will be OZ then for us both as we are still youngsters slightly over 40 [​IMG] :D have relations living over there and quiet easily have over 800,000 pennies [​IMG] so sunshine here we come :D :D :D