Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, did a bit of work on my balcony yesterday pulling a lot of dead flowers up and moving some pots, going to try and move my arch today iff i can get my climbers moved, mmmm going to be a difficult task, but it has to be done and moved for the new kitchen window, I stopped yesterday as it was so cold out there.
    kandy i have made cottage pie but in different parts of our country of recipes differ slightly and was wondering what you put in yours i can see carrots, mince onion but have you got some sort of beans in there.
    helen yes its difficult removing rosas bits of hair at the bottom of her toes that have matted up, you have to be careful, i also cut her nails its a job i dont like doing as one of them has a tendancy to curl right next to her pad, terrified in case i hurt her.
    everyone have a great day

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,718
    Good morning everyone,
    I might get around to cutting some grass today - I'll see how soggy the ground feels.

Enjoy your day and have a great one :D

3. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning!

I've gone a few days without seeing Emma, yay! I feel so much better! Also new fabulous news, I can fit in my hot pants again!!!!! I know i'm pushing it at nearly 22 but i love them. After spending my youth overweight i'm still trying to get away with it now while i'm still just in that bracket. So constantly in them at the moment even if its cold. :D I love shorts, i was born in the wrong decade i reckon.

I'm so sorry to hear about Bob Hel, give up a big hug from me.

Rosa nail cutting is a big fat pain, try doing it with 30 rats!! When it comes to things like that we get them all out cage by cage, from one carrier to the next, and make a list as we go ticking off whos done. Its a good chance to do thorough health checks too, and they tend to get mite dropped at the same time. They're not keen on the experience, but nothing a choccy drop or nana chip cant remedy :D

The skin on my hands afterwards is a different kettle of fish altogether. The whole process takes about 2 hours.

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Rosa my two Yorkies with so need a trim soon i can't seem to tell one from the other not a good thing as Pepsi (the mum) is a little pig and I have to watch how much I feed her.

Kandy I really can't understand todays microwave living concept but then again I do believe homemade cooking is getting to be a thing of the past with people today not willing, haven't the time, not got the basic knowledge or can't be bothered to give it a go..... I on the other hand love nothing better to cook after all it is indeed a way to any man's heart! :D

Whiley if we all dressed our age I would be about 23 I think :eek: I love nothing better to dress in pinks and reds (tops that is!) and almost always wear jeans I really can't remember when I last wore a dress maybe when I got married!

Bob's trip to the hospital was although quick not very sweet the consultant was a little worried about the area around Bob's scar but as he told Bob he is going to keep him under close tabs so if anything does come of it he will have him sorted out real quick!

Spent another hour or so on the ball last night not sure if maybe I'm doing too much because while I'm on the ball everything is ok but afterwards boy do I ache...but where there is no pain there's no gain.Hel.xxx.

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,733
    Good morning Helen, Walnut and all my other friends all enjoy your Day and stay safe.
    [​IMG]

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen Woo and all,Helen the form of cancer bob has is probably a Rodent ulcers they are harmless skin cancers. Another name for a rodent ulcer is a Basal Cell Carcinoma. They are the most common form of any cancer and usually occur on the head and neck, more commonly in people over 40,they don't behave like other cancers and do not spread to other parts of the body, sometimes if they are a large area they take a skin graft off the thigh my father in law had one once, no more sun bathing for bob and he will need to wear a hat when out in the sun.Have a safe day everyone.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and Walnut.

Walnut you might well be right when Bob had his first op the surgeon was really worried the cancer might have gone through Bob's skull we was of course told this after the op!

We must keep an eye on other areas as well as his head as this type of cancer does have a habit of coming back and that's why 3 years on from the op we are still having check-ups....but that's just a very long line of check ups Bob has to have so now nothing really surprises us anymore.Hel.xxx.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen woo walnut and everyone.
    helen your so right away to a mans heart is through his stomach, i always make dinners, mince &dumplins, steak & kidney and terry just loves his sunday dinners especially lamb and yorkshire puds.
    going to mu quarry reserve on monday night jazz said she would go with me for to get nature at night pics for the comp, lets hope i have the camera on the right setting :D
    have a lovely day

9. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Bonjourno my lovers!

Ah poor Bob. Give the man yorkshire puds and yorkshire dogs and and he'll troop his way on through no doubt! [​IMG]

After all the baking i did yesterday, i couldn't sleep in the end! So now i'm knackered but my lady to help with stuff it arriving in an hour. Better get my skates on!

Wish me luck!

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,718
    Good morning everyone.

Helen, I hope Bob gets on OK, we are all thinking of him.

That's it ladies, you keep on cooking as our stomachs need a lot of looking after [​IMG]

Have a great day :D

P.S. Before you all jump on me - I do the cooking in our house [​IMG]

11. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
  12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,718
  13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning whiley and shiney,it must be nice to have a role reversal maybe you could give my hubby some tips in cooking :D hes working hard off-shore in africa so i dont mind looking after him when he gets home, he deserves it [​IMG]

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,733
    Good morning all my friends i do hope that you are all well and happy,all have a lovely Weekend
    and please stay safe [​IMG]

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Woo I'm sure if all of us are lucky with the weather we will all indeed have a lovely weekend, hasn't it been nice these last few days?

Thanks guys for your kind words regarding Bob as the saying goes 'what doesn't kill us makes us stronger' which I think is so very true.

Bob is allowed in the kitchen sometimes but his sense of smell isn't so great since his operation on his head so I have to hover like a honey bee around him when he is in charge of the cooking...but he makes one mean spicy spaghetti bolognese and all I have to do is the washing up afterwards.

Shiney you got that 'cooking bit' in real quick I agree with Whiley nice save indeed...maybe you should be goalie for England? :D
    Hel.xxx.