Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, its very foggy here on the coast.
    helen thats sweet mind you dont live that far from me 2 hours maybe by car.
    hope everyone has a great day, i might do a little more work on the balcony other than that a pretty quite day for me.
    looking forward to tommorow night going to my local nature reserve in the dark that should be fun.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Morning all, well my grandson's school swimming team came second in the gala last night.. [​IMG] [​IMG] They all swam so well & so hard!

Quiet day today I think, just had a lovely walk.. [​IMG]

Have a great day all, whatever you are doing! [​IMG]

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,734
    Good morning everyone another special day ahead of us all have a good Day and stay safe. [​IMG]

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo and all,managed to cut the grass yesterday afternoon when it had dried a little never cut it this early in the year before, it wont be long before they all get the mowers out they usualy follow suit, have a safe day everyone.

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Ste not so good at the carboot no plants yet but plenty of home grown veggies which looked really good, don't know how the match went on but I hope you enjoyed it.

Rosa two hours by car eh? Is now a good time to say my pain in the butt as come back good style?....sadly I kid you not once again I'm hobbling about if this keeps happening I'll need a zimmer frame :(

You must tell us Rosa how you get on at the nature reserve and watch out for ghosties! :D

Walnut Bob wanted to cut our grass yesterday but it's still quite wet but I'm sure if the weather stays nice we should be able to get it cut soon.

Did some more weeding yesterday and a little redo coat on the deck all on my hands and knees....I'll have to slow down a little now as my back's not at all happy with all the work both in the garden and on the ball.Hel.xxx.

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,718
    Good morning everyone,
    we had a very nice day yesterday having a reunion with the group of people we met on holiday in Egypt in 2006. This was the third reunion and we met at a pub in a small village near Melton Mowbray which is about halfway between the furthest people. Good lunch, good chat and we'll meet again in the summer sometime.

Have a great day :D

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, it was very frosty here this morning and very cold.
    helen, I am leaving at 4.45 today jazz is picking me up, we thought we would get there just as its getting dark, see whats around then and i am taking my torch, its should be fun, lets hope i can spot a bit of wildlife in the dark :D :D will reveal all when i get back in.
    will be putting jumpers, anorak and my wellies on as i bet it will be cold up there.

marley pleased to hear your grandson,s swimming team came second in the gala, well done to them

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,734
    Morning all Have a good day and stay safe [​IMG]

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Well done to your grandson Marley 2nd place is really good although I am a great believer is enjoying yourself no matter where you come in any competition.

Shiney it's always nice to meet up with old chumps and have a good old natter.
    Melton Mowbray holds fond memories for me we use to go to the farmer's livestock market there I remember buying a box of day old chicks once boy those things grew really quick we did quite well out of it as I think there was only one cockrel who just happened to have a ginger head so the boys called him Bob as their dad also has stunning red hair!

Rosa it seems you did the right thing getting wrapped up for your outing because I'm sure it was blooming freezing although I bet you almost looked like a hunt saboteur with all your get up! :D

Once again I'm doing the waiting game can't wait until early light days so i can at least have a hobble around the garden early on.Hel.xxx.

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,718
    Good morning everyone, looks like it may be another nice one.

Helen, did the chicks become pets or were they for the table? Or both? [​IMG]

rosa, have you defrosted yet?

have a great day :D

11. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    moring all glad that heating was set for 5.makes you wonder how lucky we are how did my great grandad wake up in the freezing cold then go down the pit :eek: :eek: helen was there nothing much at the carboot or was it that the boots wouldnt open due to being iced over :D ...helen wouldnt put chicks on the table surely.. marley i hope he got a little rewar for swimming so well..hope it went well rosa sounds like your dressed for going down the mine ..off to hosi today see if the doc decides to take my mums gall bladder out ..the scan shown up bits of grit and sludge..and if she ok lady imp is taking me to blackpool [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi everyone.hope that you are all well apart from Helen with her back problem, Bob with his kidney problems,Imp's mum with her possible stone problem and Shiney with his Hernia and Cholestrol problems :eek:

At the moment I have arthritis in my left ankle which is murder to walk on and also have it in my wrists. Having to take Ibuphrophen to deaden the pain,oh and still not sleeping properly but apart from that I am feeling a lot better.Roll on the hot weather of the summer months :D

Just got back indoors after going out to do a bit of splitting up and potting on of the Iris plants that never got done in the Autumn due to my back problems. :rolleyes:

Just sitting here now eating my porrige and Strawberries and drinking a nice mug of Earl Grey [​IMG]

Hope you all have a good day and don't get too cold out there [​IMG]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,the quarry at night mmmm it was very eerie and it got sooooo cold in there, the darker it got the more frightening jazz and i became, she was terrified in case rats were going to come out as it was we didnt see any.
    the duck, coots dissaperared as it got darker and the photos got worse as a result, so the best ones were when the sun was going down after 6 pm.
    it was an experience put some pics up in members gallery and of course my comp ones.
    see on the news they have spotted a white deer in scotland, that must of been a sight to see.
    have a lovely day all and i,m away to drive tech at 11 decided to go to save my 3 points after my speeding last year, well iff you can call it speeding 30 doing 36. that should be fun.
    :D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  15. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, off out again soon... [​IMG] Have a great day everyone in all you do! ;) :D