Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, yes that fire is lovely certainly warms you through :D not going far today might have to pop across to the shops for more milk for my milky coffees.
    dont know when i will be starting the painting want to get the sketch perect before i start.

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

I was up earlier but there was no way I was going to stay up how cold it was so off back to bed I went with a little drinky and wrapped myself up reading a book, time flew but I do wish it wasn't so cold.

When we had all that lovely weather last week I had started to sort things out in the garden (be it at a slow pace) now it seems the decking will have to be on hold for a little while yet.

If any of you guys and gals go out today wrap up well and if you have any put them thermals on! ;) Hel.xxx.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, think ts cold right across the country, pleased i did my balcony last week, did a few other things on there yesterday morning it was cold, but didnt feel as cold as this morning.
    The sun is shining now.
    take it easy helen in that garden of yours.

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,730
    A beautiful sunny day. What's all this about it being cold? I'm lovely and warm sitting here in my office (got my thermals on, Helen :D ).

Have a great day :D

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Its cold this was my car this morning
    [​IMG]

6. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

its cold, but i've just been down the pub with Darren and our friends for lunch and a pint in the garden embracing the sunshine best we can!

Now discussing wedding favours with my friend, its somewhat the last on the list of things to do when they get married in October, so we're thiinking of interesting things to pop in it!

She cant be bothered and just wants sugared almonds in an organza bag but i would opt for sugar mice and jelly dolphins in pretty ribboned bags with a bath bomb i think!

Wishing a cushty morning to all!

7. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    My daughter is doing the same Whiley...she went to Tesco's today and bought a load of those posh chock's in a box...What's the name [​IMG] begins with F then R...french?

8. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ferraro Rocher? Or something like that.

Pfftt posh chocs i think not for mine! :D Jelly dolphins and sugar mice all the way!

9. Paladin

Ratings:
    +770
    Those are the ones [​IMG]
    I was told by a wedding organiser :confused: last week,that favour gifts are 'old fashioned'...think I'll keep that info quiet from her [​IMG]
    She went to Paris and I gave her a recording of this...only to be played when she was up that tower!..I love my girl
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxQ2wQxheQ4&feature=related [​IMG]

10. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh Nick thats lovely! How sweet! I don't mind about old fashioned traditions, i like them, and plan to include them in my own wedding whenever that happens!

All my best wishes to your daughter! When is her wedding?

11. Paladin

Ratings:
    +770
    Isn't that song a beauty?
    She is getting married on the 21 of June,Midsummer day. At Dumbleton Hall In Gloucestershire. It will be a Civil ceremony.
    Book your room there or locally and come to the evening do [​IMG]

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D It's a beautiful place whiley, google it... ;)

[​IMG] The last two wedding we went to had favours.. The first had some little boxes that were filled with jelly beans, fave sweets of them both.. Then as they both go fishing together, they tied 300 fishing flies between them & a little army of us, closed the boxes with the fish hook they had tied the flies on... Somewhere I did have one!.. The other one they gave some beautiful scented candles tied up in organza with ribbon.. Each candle had the message..
    I had to get it out to remember the quote & it still smells as gorgeous now.... [​IMG]

13. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    That is absolutely beautiful! I'm going to remember that! It sounds crackers, but i do sometimes think about making a wedding planner s****book, i know my own time is a way off yet. But i'm a complete girl and fantasize a lot!

A lot of our friends are getting married this year and next year, and had 2 weddings year before last.
    And i adore them. Only thing is i've only ever been to 2! And neither were even half fancy either!
    I've never been into weddings or love until recent years, but since my friends been planning hers, and quite lazily as well - i've just felt so jeleous! Shameful isn't it!

I have family in Gloucester, Nick! :D

14. Paladin

Ratings:
    +770
    Ah...I may have been born in Gloucestershire but the city of Gloucester has it's own identity and the folk there are unique in their own way!
    I worked there two weeks ago and they and I are Worlds apart. :D

[ 17. February 2008, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Paladin ]

15. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha! Yeah my family there moved there about 18 years ago. Like ou say, its different! But lovely.

Just realised the word filter just *-ed the word scraapbok in my last post! Harharrr.