Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning inter, we have our wedding day on video, occasionally i get it out, may just get it out today and have a look [​IMG]

2. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    get it on rosa not much else to do till the garden defrosts. funny looking back and seeing friends and family we always seem to see people we didnt even know must have had about 5 gatecrashers :D lady imp thinks they may have been people who helped sort the day out at church
    . anyway rosa enjoy the vid....have you any thoughts of re newing your vows ,i only been married 3 years but i would like to renew in the future [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    we have friends on our wedding video that have passed so its nice to see them and friends that were there have either moved abroad or dont see much of them.
    we have been married nearly nine years havnt given it a lot of thought we didnt get married in church, in registry office but it was such a lovely place. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,727
    Good morning everyone.

Congratulations Glen [​IMG] . We waited a long time. 18 months but I was working at sea for a lot of that time. We have been very happily married for 42 years and it seems like yesterday :D

5. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    42 years shiney [​IMG] [​IMG] whats the secret after how many years do they start to appreciate you. wonder in a average lifetime how much time woman spends on telephone [​IMG] [​IMG] but im only a learner still with the L plate on my back . wouldnt be without her though .i know i took my vows through ups and downs and you both make it work ;)

6. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I've just spoken to a friend of mine who wants to collaberate of a new novel, we do it every few years, and last years we didn't finish because it was just too sensative a subject in the end.

After discussion and also talking about the wonderful love and wedding talk on here, we decided on a story line revolving around a biiig wedding.

A character is asked by her friend to organise her the splash out amazing wedding of her dreams with only 8 months to go, because her father is critically ill, they want him to experience the fairy tale wedding he always dreamed off for her daughter - but it has to be quick! So her friend who hasn't even been to a wedding ceremony before has to get by and create gorgeous wedding with unlimited funds while her friend stays by her fathers side. Won't give away the rest of the plotted story line but i'm hoping it will be magical. Romantic, chaotic, funny... it'll hopefully be brilliant [​IMG]

Would any of you mind if i made notes of all these gorgeous stories you're telling me as reference in my planning and brainstorm book?
    We're off to the Bridal Fayre which is in town next month hopefully for further inspiration!

In the mean time still very shakey on my legs, so limited pottering around house for non heavy things, playing with animals, laundry, etc. Then getting started on chapter one of the book!

7. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Might add that i would love to see a wedding video one day...

Not even seen my cousins!

8. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a very important announcement.

I've just found out Paignton Zoo do wedding receptions :D :D They fancy up the main restaurant with beautiful menus and lay outs both inside and outside, so you can eat amoung peacocks and watch the gibbons and marosets on Gibbon Island and the exotic flamingos and pelicans around them in the lake! They'll even set up a Bird Show for you <3

I think i know where i might be having my reception :D

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney hope we get to 42 years well done, we spend a lot of time apart due to terrys work abroad, we are apart 6 months of the year, he has had jobs at home i loved him home every night cooking his favourite dinners, but working at home although it is great the money he made wasnt to good, so we have every other month together, i guess we can go out and get away iff we like, so its swings and roundabouts.

whiley morning i havnt a problem iff you would like to take notes of my marital ventures, need to know anything else please ask. linda

10. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosa i'd love to know everything!
    How you met, what your parents thought, what you wore, what flowers you had on the day, what cars you used, honeymoons, everything [​IMG]
    I have a strong believe that fact can be as beautiful if not more beautiful than fiction when it comes to love stories.

Do you have any photos?

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    whiley, we met in our local pub through friends of mine, he wore this ring on his wedding finger i wouldnt have anything to do with him at first, my friends assured me he was on his own, seperated just waiting for his divorce which came through shortly afterwards.
    my father got on with him ok my mother on the other hand being very protective didnt like him at first,she came around after a while. both my parents deceased and never got to our wedding.
    will sort my photos out and make a section of the wedding day.

12. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah Rosa thats lovely! Thank you! I cant wait to see those photos.

What was the time difference between meeting and the wedding?

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    whiley just put all my wedding pics up in my pictures going to put them up now.
    the time from when we met to getting married was 5 years.

14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Here's one for your book Whiley...

[​IMG] My cousin lives in California, in the Sacramento Valley. It is very hot dry & sunny there most of the time... Her daughter got married in 2004. We went to the wedding, it was a beautiful affair. All loving planned etc..

It was in March & the weather had been cold & wet, but or her wedding day the sun shone.. A great day was had by everyone.

They spent a couple of nights at Tahoe before loading all their presents & the last of their possessions into a trailer, to haul to their new home they had just bought in Colorado as he is a teacher there [​IMG]

Well the minute they shut the door on the trailer it hit Jodi she was leaving her childhood home & her Dad.... She couldn't stop crying.... She cried & cried. Poor Chris didn't know what to do... She wanted to go, just didn't want to leave them all...
    Anyway, off they set. It is a 2night,3 day drive for them.. 1st day & night fine...
    2nd day it started snowing! It snowed & snowed & they were eventually forced to stop & find a place to stay.... All their cold weather clothes were at the front of the trailer & without unloading everything they couldn.t get them..
    There were no planes flying & traffic was at a standstill. So they walked 11/2 miles to the nearest store & bought clothes & supplies...

They were holed up for 3 days before the weather lifted.... Romantic it wasn't..!

Jodi is really crying now....!!!! :eek:

They eventually arrive in Colorado & to where they are to live..... Only to find they had to get a digger to dig a way into their home...!!! Deep snow in Colorado in the mountains!!

They eventually got in & settled & Jodi immediately stopped crying...... :D

They are just about to leave Colorado to go to Oregon..!! They have been very happy in the old home. Now have 2 kids 3 dogs etc etc...

Trouble is.... Everyone is wondering if she will cry all the way to Oregon..!!!! :D

;) You can decide that one if you like Whiley.... :D

15. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh wow Marley that sounds like a movie plot!

Bless your lovely family, thank you for sharing that with me!