Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well shopping went right out the window, i realised i wasn't going to be around for mothers day as i'd be out of the area, so i found a lovely site that delivers teddies!

I had a big arguement with mum over something stupidly trivial, and because of our differences it ended rather badly, i think shes too narrow minded and she thinks i'm too open minded basically, and its something we've been battling for a while, and each time we try to settle it, it comes to blows, we just have too many differences!

Anyway, the one thing in common we do have, is she loves my drawings and stories that i tell her. Its something my family all know about me, since i was very young i've made up stories on the spot and drawn along characters and done the voices, etc. Its something mums always said she wish she could be a part of and see right in - contradicts the 'openmindedness = bad opinion, but nevermind!

So i have chosen a beautiful big fluffy blue dragon, hes adorable. He comes with a greetings card which you personalise and with a birth certificate and is delivered on mothers day. This dragon is also from a rage where if you type in teh code on a site on the net you get a star named after you or the toy! Cute! Probably not effectively true, but cute none the less.

Anyway, heres the poem i wrote for the card.

You have met some travellers from my writings; but there is one tale left to be said,
    Amid the kingdom of my imagation sits a throne in the middle of my head.
    The thrown belongs to the Queen who lives there,
    With her steed Fiji for adventures to come,
    Number one in my brain, my mind and my heart,
    Is you, my Queen, my mum.
    With her dog at her side and with Fiji to ride,
    she paints with the stars in the sky,
    All her citizens gaze as they sing to her in praise from the hills and blow kisses are she rides by.
    So no matter where in the world I will be,
    or if partings were sweet or unkind,
    The truth is as clear as your stars in the night,
    you are always on my mind.

I know its pretty sketchy but i wrote it on the spot, and she kinda likes it that way!

I rather like that idea, as apposed to flowers, or chocs or anything done before. [​IMG]

Just thought i'd share that!

Kids have just arrived so off now <3

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Bit late up this morning but at least I can say without a doubt it was a blooming good sleep six full hours of none stop sleep ah the bliss! [​IMG]

Whiley some mums and daughters just don't get on take me and my own mum two totally different people with only one little thing in common their blood...sad I know but sometimes these things happen you know the old saying you can't pick your family but you can pick your friends!

Anyway I'm one of the lucky ones who although had a really terrible childhood came out okay at the end I know I moan about my aches and pains but someone's gotta to cop for it sadly it's you guys :D .

I was bless in finding my one true love (doesn't that sound like a fairy tale?) and of course having my boys....having a flipping marvellous set of in-laws was a bonus I would never thought I would get needless to say when my dad-in-law died in 1999 I was really cut up about his death as I had come to think of him as being my dad.

Since then my natural parents have both passed although my evil step-father is still very much alive. I did shred a tear or two mostly of what should have been and could have been.

Upon their deads I have no regrets that I never went to their funerals but then I was told I wasn't welcome at my mother's and was only told of my father's via text can you believe it!

Most of Bob's family knows what I suffered at home being the only girl from my mother's first marriage my mother knew what was happening as I did tell her yet she did nothing to help me so very selfish was she in her happy little world all she did was beat me for my pains...don't get me wrong I wasn't raped by my step-father although he did have wandering hands from when I was 7 years old till I left home at 16 although he did make it quite clear what he wanted to do to me.

Christmas 2006 I had to tell one of my step-sisters what happened while I was a child none of my brother's or my step-sister's know what happened while I was at home my brother's just think I am a spoilt b*tch to say the least but they are nothing special one is a serial baby marker last count was 6 or so kids only two with the same mother and the other one is a drunk wife beater.

But I was gutted to have to tell my step-sister what her father did to me but only then because I had heard my other step-sister leaves her children with the evil s*d and with her having so many little girls I had to let her know via one sister to the next I just couldn't find the strength to tell them on my own Diane (Bob's sister)helped me out and although my step-sister was shocked to the core (who wouldn't be?) Diane was a gem and told my sister it may come as a shock but all of us have know since I don't know when about Helen even her sons.

So there you are my long sad story of child abuse not something to read first thing in the morning I know but it gives you an incite on something that was so terrible isn't the end of the world and also why I always like a good giggle...never go back and remember some things are not as bad as they may seem.Hel.xxx

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, Helen, so sad to read the story of your childhood. You seem to have come out of it, a very well balanced & loving person... Good for you..! [​IMG] My own childhood was not happy all the time, but it did have some wonderful moments.. For me it was a stepmother & although we didn't get along when I was growing up, we did come to be friends in later life after I had my own family... My In laws were to me, "my parents" too.. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Whiley love the idea of the Teddy & your poem is super... I think your Mum will be more than happy with that....! [​IMG] Oh all these talented people on here... ;) :D

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Marley not a 'nice' read in the morning I know but there you are some have good parents and some of us do not.

I'm glad you were lucky to have had a good relationship with your mum-in-law some of us do pick a good'un now and again.

I'm going out with mine later on and I'm sure we will have a scream I always make her laugh as she does me!Hel.xxx.

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D Have a great day then Helen... No I agree not the best reading first thing, but then again is it ever good reading... ;)

Yes my mother in law & I would have great fun together too.. She taught me lots of stuff.. Sadly she departed this world on Xmas Eve '98... I still miss her allot, although I feel she is around as sometimes a thought will come into my head sometimes if I am struggling with something & I know I would never have though of it..! ;) If you know what I mean.... :D A great lady who I still miss at times... [​IMG]

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

Helen,your story sounds a nightmare,I won't go into mine as the memories are still very much fresh but can I say to you that you have a duty to yourself and the children that may be left in the care of that pervert to contact the Police as soon as possible.They were talking about it on the radio last week on 5Live and even now years after the event those men are being arrested because eventually the victims have spoken up and these men have been dealt with by the courts.

This man has destroyed your childhood and needs to be made accountable for his actions.Wandering hands isn't something to be taken lightly :eek: :(

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Marley I know I'm lucky with 'Mum'(Doris) and even though my dad-in-law may be gone he's still here with me as Bob is built the same and has the same kinda walk as his dad and some of the things he says is so like Jack it's unbelievable.

Kandy the evil b*gger is near to death sadly not at my hands I'll allow the sad old man to wallow in all his pain...... cancer has pick a deserving fellow this time and I'm pretty sure he'll be kept warm where he is going!Hel.xxx.

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Ain't life strange Helen.... I am a believer in life after death, I just hope I can come back in some way to watch over my lot.....!! :rolleyes: :D

9. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    Good morning, Helen. I was sorry to hear your story and I was mostly sorry to realize that for many years nobody noticed any behaviour (or, worse, take no notice of it) in you or your stepfather which would lead to any suspect of an abuse taking place.
    You must have had a withdrawn behaviour or a slithly frightful attitude when in proximity of "that person", in those days.
    Children are helpless creatures and it is just very unfortunate when they come across somebody
    that couldn't care less.

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,729
    Sorry to hear it Helen. Men like that should be hung by their goollies.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, Helen so sad to read your story of your dreadful childhood and as you say hes suffering now and were he will end up will not be very pleasant.
    I have had a lovely childhood so i cant complain although like whiley my mother and i had opposite personalities and at times it was hard for us to get long, my mother was the type of person right in to my thirties too over protective, were you going, what you doing, ringing my friends and pubs looking for me but you know what looking back now i miss that, sadly both my parents passed 13 and 14 years ago.
    My friend had an abusive step mother when she was small, locking her in cold under stairs cupboard, very sad she put it in the back of her mind and it came out years later and i was there for her a shoulder to cry on, shes ok now has learnt to live it and come out a stronger happier person, she always says thanks to me for being there for her at a time of need.
    have a lovely day everyone
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[ 20. February 2008, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: rosa ]

12. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    WoW Helen that is quite something, you angel!
    Its odd how people react to some behaviours, although mine wasn't quite as horrific as that i had some seriously nasty experiences with a boy when i was 14, quite scary and not the way i intended losing anything! Eitherway, my mums narrow-mindedness and constant 'please don't stress me my hair will fall out!' kept me from sharing anything from her, i eventually told her on my sixteenth birthday as she kept doing the 'sweet sixteen, awwwwrr!' thing and it was shredding me inside and she told me to pretend it never happened, went all dazed for a second, then shook it off and smiled happily 'lets cut the cake!' i guess its just the way she handles things, but i have no doubt that the troubles i've been through and not been able to tell her have kept me to light of the rest of the world way beyond her, and although i have my 'issues' :D I don't doubt that it has helped shape me, and made me the nutter i am!

Would you agree, Helen? Experiencing sheer evil makes you spot the sunshine on a cloudy day? Again, i'm lucky enough to have landed in the lap of a wonderful bloke who takes care of me, my animals, all expenses when i cant work, and is so bliddy awesomely loving and caring! I can only hope for brilliant kids like you have Helzybabe!

Well today i'm off to hobble into town to see my pregnant friend to organise her pets, she feels she doesn't feel like she can handle them and the baby and doesn't want to neglect either, so i'm rehoming the animals for her and talking about her lovely sproglet!

13. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Helen, its so sad to hear of your chidhood, and then to be made the black sheep because of it is truly shocking. obviously your a strong minded person to come through it all, and of course with the help of bob and your boys, you have come to terms with your past and even came out of it Smiling and Happy, which is a two fingered salute to all who were involved..... [​IMG] Dee..

Shiney you should be the Priminister :D

14. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,729
    Dee, I'm trying to work out whether that is an insult or not [​IMG] :D