Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,739
    Morning Helen and all my other Friends have a lovely Day and all stay safe and Well [​IMG]

Helen Hope you soon feel much Better [​IMG]

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank you Woo I'm getting there.

No amount of illness is gonna to stop me getting into my garden after all there's always something to do and frankly I like it that way....a reasonable nice day fleece or no fleece on, knee pads and my MP3 player on it's my idea of bliss! [​IMG] Hel.xxx.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen and Woo,hope you are both much better,lovely waning moon out there Hel but hopefully you have managed to get back off for a couple of hours,this weekend Saturn made its closest approach to earth for the whole of 2008 (770million miles)if you look up at midnight it's almost vertically above next to the bright star regulus,have a safe day everyone.

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

Woo and Helen hope you are feeling better,nothing worse than feeling poorly,though I don't know about gardening I usually spend all my time asleep when I feel [​IMG]

Thanks for that Info Walnut willhave to look out for it if I am still awake at midnight [​IMG] :D

We had rain from teatime onwards so everywhere looks damp out there this morning :rolleyes:

Have a good day everyone in all that you do [​IMG]

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, I hope you poorlies are feeling better today... Allot of nasty bugs around at the moment. Keep warm & get well.. ;) [​IMG]

[​IMG] Today & tomorrow mornings I have meetings with social services mobility people & British legion mobility assessment people, to see what help & aids I can get organised for the old chap next door that I care for... Amazing isn't it, you fill in forms it seems till the cows come home.. Then they all come together..!!
    He is obviously pleased as he really needs help with the bathroom & getting up the stairs most, but there are allot of other smaller things they can help with too.
    The Legion are coming to see about a small scooter to get about on, that perhaps he can take about in the back of his car..... The thing is I can't work out how on earth he will get it in & out of the car on his own..!!! Still all will be revealed later I hope... [​IMG]

Have a great day everyone..! [​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, lovely morning here apaert from the cold.
    woo and helen do take care from them bugs hope your feeling better soon.
    marley now thats the problem an elderly gentleman getting the scooter in and out of his car, good luck with your meetings, let us know.
    everyone have a great day

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,732
    Good morning everyone,
    Helen and Woo, I wish you lots better [​IMG] .

It is lovely and sunny but very frosty this morning. I shall go out there a bit later than I intended but I shall pop out for a minute now to break up the ice on the birds' drinking bowl.

Have a great day :D

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Just to let you know rosa, they ~(the Legion)are supplying him with a small lightweight scooter that he breaks down into largish peices that he can manage to put in his car with care. They reckon about 4 weeks & it will be with him. They will make a few adjustments & away he goes.. [​IMG] So that is good news. One lot down, next lot, from Social services tomorrow AM... That one is more extensive as it involves the house & the problems he is having there now. You know, bathroon stairs etc.. :rolleyes: [​IMG]

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,Marley we had an assessment done with the social services for Mrs Walnuts uncle who lived down the road, they ended up building a loo in a cubicle in a side room,a stair lift and a walk in shower room upstairs which has helped a lot,the trouble is the upheavel while they do it,have a safe day everyone.

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,739
    Morning Walnut and all have a good day and all be safe [​IMG]

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut,Woo and all.

Many thanks yet again for your kind words it seems if I'm not moaning about my back it's something other!

Marley you must be like a guardian angel to that dear fellow (next door to you) he is very lucky indeed to have you to watch over him. I think you've earned your wings [​IMG] I'm sure he will love his new independence that the new aids will give him.

Walnut as you know I like to keep on top of the stars and things although most of the time I'm pretty clueless but I do so love to stargaze from my garden.....kinda like a lunar garden gnome or should that be a looney garden gnome? :D

Dan has got an promotion at work (one of two offers he's had this week) he's now one of the Tech Guys at his work although he has said I just want to be a counter b*tch (his words not mine)

He excels at customer relations and can calm down many a irate person just by calmly folding his arms and making eye contact with the angry customer.......but that just could be his size at over 6ft and solid built the guy would make a great bouncer but he is such a puppy dog! Hel.xxx.

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,hope you are all bright and well this morning [​IMG]

Marley glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted for the old gentleman.The world needs more kind people like you [​IMG]

It is wet out there because it has been raining all night.At least i got my two lines of washing dry yesterday so the weather can do what it wants today.Have a good one evryone in all that you do [​IMG]

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, Well social services this morning to assess the old chap next door. Today it is about the bathroom, stairs, etc. His bathroom is downstairs & is not user friendly to him now. It is a lovely room, but now it shows that it was done when he & his wife were both very able. Now he is on his own & not able.
    He has a heart condition, but they are not offering another op. Diabetes. Osteo-Arthritis. Needs a hip replacement but they cannot operate due to his heart! Oh and a rupture, also no op for that. So he has some pretty awful days poor old boy.
    I do think one of the walk in baths would be the best thing for him as well, but don't know yet what they will offer him. He doesn't have much left in the way of savings as allot went on his wife while she was alive. So I am hoping they will have some good ideas & will be helpful..! His family certainly are not..!

Will let you know how it all goes..

[​IMG] Glad you are feeling better Helen & Woo.. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Have a great day everyone, in all you do.

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, marley pleased to hear you got one thing done for this guy great news, as for the other iff social services get the rest done that will be great, because of my back and hip problems, I had seen social services and the council and they would not replace my bath for a walk in shower, i guess iff we want it done we will have to pay for it ourselves.good luck

have a great day [​IMG]

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,732
    Good morning everyone,
    after all the rain and gales last night the sun has now come out and the birds are all singing joyfully.

GC is working frustratingly slow this morning so I shall see you all tomorrow. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Have a great day :D