Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Oscar knows which side his bread is buttered then... :D

[​IMG] Yes Little was good to the end really. Well not quite. He developed a cancerous tumour overnight in his face. As soon as the vet told us that we knew what we had to do... He was such a lovely chap, I owed him his dignity & I didn't want him to suffer at that grand old age.. You know, I think he must have been the most talkative cat I have ever had or heard come to that.. Would burst through the cat flap chatting away.. In fact you could usually hear him coming round the corner..!!! :D

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I'm so sorry i have been absent, since starting work again i've been passing out as i get in the door! I'm getting used to it though.

I'm away this weekend I'm so excited! Theres a group of us going down to Newquay for a night in nice pubs and my friends favourite club! Its Jays birthday so we're dressing up and having some fun!
    I think i've lost enough weight to pull off the dress i've bought, Darren said i looked amazing or words to that effect and i feel brilliant for the first time in quite a while!

Spent the evening trying to make a pendant to wear with it but it turned into something different so nevermind.

I'm sure there will be photos of the night to share!

In other news, just heard my friends waters have just broken and the ball seems to be rolling, so i'm off!

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all can't seem to sleep strange though I don't seem to be in any pain :confused: oh well nice not to compain about that!

Shiney I do so miss our little Tiger the beautiful little ginger tabby loved nothing better to bring her mummy a lovely pressie on the back door step, so much so that she would stand guard until I patted her head and said thank you to her....even cats can be stranger than us humans!

Strange how when we first brought her I didn't know it was rare to have a female ginger tabby :confused:

Rosa nice to know your hubbie is coming back to you I'm sure you will have lots of fun catching up on things...although being a lady I can't say what things! :D

Whiley I'm sure you don't need to be told to enjoy yourself at the weekend and we will look forward to seeing those pictures.

I tackled the great hairy beast yesterday (my son Dan) strange how he always struggles to find time for mum to trim his beard and cut his hair.....he's now claims he is like Hercules as all his strength has gone but I think it's called having a touch of flu myself! ;) Hel.xxx.

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,740
    Morning everyone please have a good day and stay safe. [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, picked hubby up yesterday as you know, went for breakfast i decided to have a mexican chicken wrap, came out cold, sent it back and it was just as cold, very dissapointed so i wont be prdering that again, however hubs enjoyed his full breakfast, did look nice, picked the wrong thing.
    helen :eek: :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :D
    when hubs goes back off-shore sending him off with my sony camera get some pics of the whales off-shore from the rig, lets hope the camera doesnt fail will show him how to use it.
    have a great day everyone

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning all,hope you are all well [​IMG]

Shiney,I couldn't have left my cat with a rabbit in it's mouth :eek: Willow caught one of the white fantailed doves from two doors down the other day and I was running all over the garden chasing him until he dropped it.I kept in a box with some wild bird seed beofore taking it back to the owners.It can't fly which they new but wouldn't take it to the vets to find out why.I don't know why people bother to keep pets if they are not going to look after them :(

Marley,Our cat Lucky lived until she was 21 1/2{twenty one and a half}years old before she was taken from us.We cried buckets for weeks,but now we have Willow & Poppy they more than make up for it. :D

Rosa,glad that hubby is back again.At least you will have a nice time catching up on things and it will be good if he can get the whale photos.Sorry that your breakfast was cold though.Was it one of those fast food places that you went to? When I used to go the Gym you could always see the cars queuing up at the self service at the local McDonalds waiting for their breakfasts.Never go to those places myself though I do like a KFC a couple of times a year [​IMG]

Have a good day in all you do everyone :cool:

[ 01. March 2008, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,735
    Good morning everyone.

rosa, maybe the chicken wrap had to come all the way from Mexico [​IMG] :D

Kandy, the rabbit was already dead when we saw him with it. We don't mind him catching rabbits and rats because of the damage that they do to all our gardens. We haven't had too much problem with rats lately but the rabbits seem to be getting more numerous. Don't know why? [​IMG] :D

Have a great day :D

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Yes Kandy, it is sad to lose a pet & especially if they have been with you that long... Have not actually had another cat since, but have been thinking about it.... [​IMG]

[​IMG] They do make a difference to the vermin numbers I think as well Shiney. We never saw or heard mice or rats or rabbits chomping everything when we had him & although there are cats about here, they seem to be lap cats... :mad: Sorry Kandy, I don't want to offend, but I like the cats to keep the vermin down & unfortunately this lot of cats round here seem to sit & look & wonder what to do with them..!!! :rolleyes: :D

:rolleyes: And on that note I will wish you all a very good day in all you are doing...! :D

9. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,740
    Good morning all my friends I am a bit earlier than usual this morning and its due to wind
    :D the outside Gale force wind That Is has ruffled my Feathers Its the First day of March and its Saturday have a great weekend and all stay safe. [​IMG]

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all what a gale force wind we have had not only all day yesterday but right through the night and it's still blowing like crazy even now....someone somewhere is having all our nice weather that is so long over due for us! :(

Rosa I do hope you are able to teach your beloved to use your camera as I'm sure I'm not alone wanting to see some pictures of the whales.

I'm with you on hunter cats Marley all but one of our cats have been very good hunters in fact the only one that wasn't was a persian and thats because she wasn't able to go outside alone, in fact the one time she did managed to escape we lost her for good no matter how many appeals or reward posters we put up we didn't manage to get her back at all and we were pretty sure someone picked her up. :mad:

Kandy I know what you mean about people who have pets but can't be bothered to take them to the vet when they so need it, although truth be told even parents get away without getting medical help for their own children it makes the mind boggle as I'm pretty sure if the owner/parent needed help they would make blooming well sure they got some!

One of my sister-in-laws although she doesn't have a health care plan as such she puts �£25 per month away for her cats although (now this is the strange thing) 'her' cats are not really her own cats but almost every cat off her estate who have been lucky enough to call at her back door-step for a bite to eat!

I she sees a cat that needs attention she's straight off to the vets and doesn't even bother asking the real owner for any funding no more.....needless to say quite a few bad owners have told her 'you can have the cat, we never wanted it anyway'....she collects the cat and although fluming with regard to the carless owner she adores every new recruit she has and never allows one to be re-homed again!

I found this all very strange as when her children were growing up she never allowed them to have a pet not even a goldfish! now as she's grown older she has realized just what she and her children have missed out on.Hel.xxx.

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all, not another cat thread, it's just a shame they are not selective killers they are a nuisance killing wildlife indescriminately not to mention the trouble they cause when it comes out the other end,have a good weekend everyone.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,Happy March 1st [​IMG]

Terrible winds here all night long so had difficulty in getting to sleep :rolleyes:

Marley,our Willow catches mice and then eats them after bringing them upstairs to us when we try to sleep :eek: I hate it though when he catches the tiny shrews and birds but it is something cats have been doing for thousands of years.If we didn't have cats to keep the population down then we would be overrun with mice and the unmentionables :eek:

Walnut,I had to re read your post because I thought you were talking about HUMANS [​IMG] :D

Enjoy your day everyone in all that you do [​IMG]

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Helen,sorry I meant to answer you in my last post [​IMG] :D We have people in our village who live in their Ã?£700,000+ houses have all the latest gadgets and large cars but as soon as their pets are taken ill they quibble about the cost of vet care.As most of them are buisness people I am pretty sure there is some way they will be able to absorb the cost through their expences and other things that they claim for not like us ordianry people :rolleyes:

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,735
    Good morning everyone,
    the wind is lightening now and the sun is shining brilliantly so I hope it gets better out there for all of you. Unusually, the wind seems to have come from the north because all the things that I can see in the garden that have been blown over are lying to the south. I'll go out and inspect everything later.

we have friends coming for the day so I suppose I had better start to get ready for them [​IMG]

Have a great day :D

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, teribble winds here last night also, lovely this morning lovely blue skies.
    helen hoping hubs can get some great shots, hes just told me the whales are not there at the moment but the dolphins are so lets see what he gets, have to give him a crash course on how to use the camera before he goes back.
    have a great weekend everyone