Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Juliasaurus

Juliasaurus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning everyone - beautiful blue skies in London (it was pretty windy last night wasn't it? I was at Clapham Junction at about 10.30 and thought I would be blown away!).

I have to convince the manager of Motor World that he's sold me a SECOND dud car battery today (it just isn't holding its charge and the AA say there's nothing I could have done to it to make it do that), so wish me luck! I'd been hoping some of the stuff I ordered from Crocus would have arrived in time for me to get outside today, but I'm sure I can find something to do in the garden anyway!

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney,Rosa and Julia,hope you are all having a good day. [​IMG]

Already been out this morning and though it is windy it is lovely with the sun out. :cool:

Julia,I know what you mean these garages always try to fob us women off with dud things.Good luck with getting it put right.Last thing you need is to break down especially at night :eek:

Have a great March 1st :D

3. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all

Well now, i barely slept at all. I hate hate wind. It scares the hibbliejibblies out of me. I kept Darren up all night freaking out.

The attic door fell in, a couple of doors were banging, the conservatory doors lock snapped and then vacuumed in the rat room door, and thankfully i had the noggin [and total horror in my mind that it might happen] to go down and check if it had. So i went in settled the rats, we've weighted in the doors so they cant move anymore now hopefully its all secure.

Now we're all packed and the cats are happily snuggled up, we're just waiting for John to get back from work so we can go away for our weekend. I just want to get on the road but i know for sure John hasnt prepared or packed or anything, and then no doubt hes going to want a shower and stuff too.

There goes our day. :( Just because we have to give him a lift. I wanted to have a walk on the beach with darren and we were all prepared. Nevermind, i'll stop whinging, i'm sure it will be okay in the end.

Hope you all have a lovely weekened.

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Good morning all another New Day, Have a good Sunday and please all stay safe. [​IMG]

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Boy that windy weather doesn't want to let up but thank goodness it hasn't been none stop rain as well otherwise I think the village would have been cut off. :eek:

Kandy I can't understand some people they will fork out for designer this and that including cats and dogs but when it comes to actually paying for something that is really needed they just don't want to know, quite disgusting really but there you go that's just how some people are really.

Rosa I hope your hubbie catches on quick with your crash course in camera work....it's taken nearly 25 years to train Bob just to do as he's told! :D

Julia Kandy it right most 'men' in the car trade think us women are only eye candy and know nothing about cars, I like to do the research before buying a car or a spare part (thank goodness for the internet) and I have to say the guys look really downtrodden talking to a lady who knows what she's on with....it gives me a real buzz each time!

Whiley I can't stand not being well organised for anything thankfully Bob and one of my boys are the same but our eldest drives me nuts as he's so carefree and always leaves things until the last minute......I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you girl and hope you have a nice weekend.

We went to various garden centres yesterday to buy my beloved mum-in-law a living Mother's Day gift and naughty me couldn't resist a little something for myself...but it's one weakness I don't really mind having. ;) Hel.xxx.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, nice and dry out there, feels cold mind, have a lovely sunday, away to prepare dinner slam in the lamb.
    helen i hope he can work the camera as i want some nice shots of either the whales or dolphins.

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and everyone [​IMG] 'Happy Mothers Day' for all of you who celebrate it. :cool: No different for me though today,usual cooking the Sunday dinner and then hopefully will go out for a nice drive out somewhere for a couple of hours [​IMG]

We have one of those Free Range chickens today that I managed to get from Tesco's last week,though I see they have put a couple of pound onto the price compared to what i paid a month ago. They always sting us one way or another.Will be glad when our village shop opens hopefully next week so we can see what they have to offer,though I don't think they will be best pleased if we did all our shopping there as we would hold everyone up [​IMG] :D

The sun is shining though there is a strond wind still :rolleyes:

Enjoy your day everyone in all that you do [​IMG]

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,738
    Good morning everyone, Happy Mother's day to all you mums [​IMG] [​IMG]

It looks quite nice out now so will have a walk and do some gardening.

Have a great day :D

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Poor Dan has only just got in from work it seems there was a problem with one of the shutters at work (PC World) and needed four guys there while the repair job was done, he started at 4pm and came in at 2.30am....needless to say there were no managers there they were all tucked up in bed the lazy lot!

Had a lovely day with my boys although I have to tell them that I have brought my Mother's Day present from them! :D

Don't laugh but I have to do it for all events at the boy's request so at least that way I get 'something' I could use, although truth be told I would be more than happy with a hand made card from them like I use to get when they were at school.

It's true what people say your children grow-up in a blink of an eye one day they're shorter than you the next day you're feeling like a munchkin in their 6ft plus shadow! But then again they can give their old mum one hell of a bear hug....I just hope my poor old bones can take it! :D Hel.xxx.

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Good Morning Helen ,Walnut and all my other friends have a good day and and all stay safe [​IMG]

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen Woo and all,just about to take a cuppa up for mrs Walnut she has to be up early to drop our daughter off at the station,will have to be gentle with her she doesn't "do early",have a safe day everyone.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

Went out to the GC yesterday and bought loads of vegetable seeds so I am going to be busy sowing them all over the next few days.Rapidly running out of room in the greenhouse because Punky and Mabel are in there on part of the staging all nice and cosy :cool:

Sound a bit croaky at the moment and feel a bit chesty as we used to say.Need a good chest rub with some Vic me thinks :D like me mum used to do when I was a kid...

Hope you all have a very good day and don't get too snowed in for those of you who get some of the white stuff today [​IMG]

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,738
    Morning everyone,
    Kandy, you pamper yourself. Don't want you going down with a sore throat and cough. [​IMG]

A lovely day yesterday. Had a pleasant walk in the forest then got home and repaired the wind damaged bird feeder, hunted for, found and replaced 50 sq m of weed supressant plastic that the wind had kindly sent on a holiday and then continued to recut and reshape the lawn edges. The soil condition is perfect at the moment for doing the edges so I'll carry on today.

Have a great day :D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone,lovely and sunny out there.
    hope all the mums had a lovely day yesterday, i went shopping bought a pair of jeans and 2 tops for going to visit friends this week just past hull.
    hope you get your seeds planted kandy enjoy
    have a great day

15. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Our no.2 son took his mother out for lunch yesterday. Dad wasn't invited. Quite pleased when Mrs S. came back and announced it was the thought that counted. Don't know what his was thoughts were. Apparently the best thing on the menu was burger and chips. It's his birthday next month. I just can't wait. Hope my chillies have well germinated. [​IMG] :D