Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, a beautiful morning here.. Helping my daughter this week to move house so it will be a busy one..!! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Have a great day everyone in all you do.. [​IMG]

2. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, had a lovely weekend away! Hope everyone else is well.

xx

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

A little later than than normal (of late anyway)at getting up but boy was I shattered.....going to visit the lovely John (my physio) later on this morning GOOD TIMES and boy do I need it this week!

Had loads of sugar icing type snow yesterday but as the ground was wet it didn't get a chance to stay put.....so no snowman for Holly or me!

Kandy can't remember the last time I used vic although it must have been quite a long time as I can't remember having any bumps on my chest! :D

Hope your feeling better real soon sweetheart not nice being a bit chesty specially if your feeling a little sore there too. :(

Marley hope you've been in training and have plenty of muscles because it's going to be a hectic week for you and your daughter, anyway I do hope it all goes well without any mishap.

Fish and chips John? as you say it's the thought that counts although I do recall a lovely chip shop in Scarborough someway on a board road at the top of a hill but knowing Scarborough that could be anywhere! :confused: I can't remember it's name all I can say is that they double coat their fishcakes and sell fresh fish cut-offs for cat owners or at least they used to! :D
    Hel.xxx.

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

John you do make me smile at times :D

Shiney,Rosa and Helen thankyou for your kind words.I quiet often wake up croaking like a frog and am all blocked up but it soon clears up as the day goes on :rolleyes:

Marley,Good Luck with helping your daughter to move,just hope the weather stays fine for you [​IMG]

Thought I would show you all a couple of photos of our brand new Shop that hopefully will be opening this week.It has been seven years in the waiting but we are all getting excited to have a shop most of us can walk to instead of having to drive three miles to the nearest one...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:cool:

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    It's SNOWING,lovely lovely SNOW,hope it settles so that I can get some good photos [​IMG] :D

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,738
    Good morning everyone,
    A lovely sunny day with a touch of frost.

Kandy, I guess you'll be fighting with everybody to get in the door when it opens [​IMG] . Have they given an opening date yet?

Have a great day :D

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, looks lovely out here this morning, snow kandy how nice, it said on the weather forecast last night could be snow down the east coast later, guess what thats were me is :D nice shop kandy that will be handy lets hope it opens soon for you.
    marley hope you daughters move goes well you will be tired after doing that.
    have a great day

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney and Rosa,just came downstairs to get a couple of piccys of the snow falling [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shiney,hopefully after a couple of false starts it will be on Thursday ith the Grand opening this Saturday,just missed the One Stop artic delivering all the food yesterday and the workers were busy stacking the shelves.It is sooooo exciting.There is also going to be a Nursery,Takaway,Hairdressers,Estate agents, and a community coffee shopbut at �£900 a month rent I can's see that making any money :eek: The cups of coffee will be about �£10 a cup.

By the way the wooden fronted building to the left in the first photo is our village Community Hall or TCAM{The Center At Mawsley}to give it it's proper name.I would have preffered village
    Hall sounds more proper. :D

Enjoy your day both of you in all that you do.Me I shall be digging me car out of the snow drifts...

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, I can see them shops been a tad expensive, local shops nearly always are, our coop across the road is getting quite dear, mind its handy, noticed since its re-furbishment things have gone up for instance, bread �£1.15 at other supermarkets its 79p quite a difference.
    funny place to have an estate agents in a village cant see them doing very well, thats a lot of rent each month. :eek: :D

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all . you a right rosa 11 grand a year to rent. never on your nelly :eek: :eek: not a good start for the shop kandy "open everyday" and its shut :D ..all looks well kandy shame you had to wait so long nothing worse than getting the car out just for bits and bobs ;)

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,and Imp.I was talking to someone last week about the rent and they said that would be about right roughly �£10,000 a year.The shop will easily make that amount because everyone will use it at some point,I know I will but probably not for our large fortnightly shop that we do :rolleyes:

Perhaps there is a buisness type person on here who can tell us if that is correct. :confused:

Rosa,the Co-Op shops have always been more expensive than places like Tesco and Morrisons and things are going to get worse because there is a shortage of grain and other food stuffs due to the floods and droughts last year that everything is going to go sky high and we the consumers will as usual foot the bill for these price rises. :(

Imp,I was talking to a friend at the weekend about how come these small shops can stay open until quiet late on a Sunday whereas the large supermarkets have to shut at 4pm and she said it was something to do with the size of the building.Don't know if that is correct,but I am sure someone on here will be able to put us right.Looking forward very much to it opening hopefully in two days time [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

[ 04. March 2008, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy and imp, i went shopping this morning to morrisons and got 5 slices of ham from their fresh counter and was shocked to see the price Ã?£4.40p would you believe, when i went to check out the lady at the till thought it was expensive so she did a price check for me and yes it was right, i didnt get it, i went to a local shop and bought similar ham and only paid Ã?£3.20 so it just goes tp prove these bigger shops can be more expensive. its a lesson for us all shop around [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Went to sleep at ten last night and although I'ave woke at this time I feel so refresh now all I have to do is try and get back into a routine where I can sleep right through the night....if anyone has a little babe that still needs a feed in the middle of the night well I'm the right person to help you out! :D

My beloved Bob took me to B & Q yesterday to price up a few things as you do and brought me a pair of green house stagings that were on offer and bless his little cotton socks he's told me that today we will be going and picking up a green house.....its going to be one of those aluminium frame ones with plastic panels a little more child friendly than glass although I'm sure not its as good as glass but it will still do the job.

Kandy I'm well pleased for you girl nothing like popping to the local shop, like yourself if we didn't have our local shops we would have a 3 or 4 mile trek in the car...Bob and I love our little walks to the shop as we can have a good nosy at other people's gardens. I'm not the only one that does that am I? [​IMG]

Rosa the price of bread is going crazy at the moment the brand we get (Hovis) has gone up quite a bit but we are pushed into a corner as that's the only sliced bread we like, so it's a case of gritting your teeth and paying up I'm afraid....although if it carries on I might just invest in a bread machine. [​IMG]

Have a nice day all no matter what you're getting upto.Hel.xxx.

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Morning Helen and all my other Friends I hope you are are all well have a lovely Day and everyone stay safe. [​IMG]

15. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen and all,Helen 5hrs sleep is plenty just think what you would be missing if you slept any more,perhaps we could run a night creche,both of mine never slept through one night until they were 2 years old as soon as one started sleeping through the other was born and another 2 years of disturbed nights ensued,it's a good job I didn't sleep much so that was handy,have a safe day everyone.