Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    Old is only relative - and I've got a load of old relatives ;) ;) ;) !!

keep your brain active and hope you can manage it with the body as well.
    ----------------
    shiney

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    As someone once said,all old age pensioners,should have been put down at birth...and it wasn't me who said that.

What is it the youngsters say,everyone over the age of 21 is a wrinkly...Yeah right...
    Kandy

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Time for me bacon I think...see you all later..have a nice day everyone,and don't get too burnt,as it ages the skin...

Kandy

5. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning Kandy, Rosa and all,
    Kandy, I live in a small village just outside Falmouth. Beautiful part of the world this. Hoping to get a digi camera for my birthday and then I can post some pics for you all. Unfortunately I can't see the sea from my house(it's over a hill) but the valley behind my garden leads to a tributary(is that the right word?) of the Helford River. Hence, my problem with wind :eek: :D

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning windy miller.
    My dads couisin lives in falmouth never seen or heard from him in years dont know iff he is still there when his marriage broke up.
    I just get my photos developed scan them onto my pictures, i know it takes a little longer for putting your pics onto gc but well it works ok for me. iff i got a digi camera wouldnt know how to upload them onto my computer, it takes me all of my time to retrieve pics from my pictures ha ha.

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Windy.Yes where you live is a beautiful part of the world.We stayed at St Mawes last year for two weeks and even managed to get to the top of St Michaels Mount.

I can recommend a good Digi camera that I had for xmas.It is a Kodak EsayShare C360. 5.0 mega pixels It is a good all rounder for a beginner.The pictures never look much on the lcd screen, but on the computer screen they are very good.

Kandy

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    Kandy said "What is it the youngsters say,everyone over the age of 21 is a wrinkly..."

Im proud to be a wrinkly. 'Wrinklies for Ever' Yeah!!!! :D :D :D
    ----------------
    shiney

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Too true Shiney. [​IMG] :)Thing is these youngsters today don't know how easy they have got it
    with all the technology at their fingertips and they still think they are hard done by.

Kandy

10. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Tell that to my 11yr old. If I hear "I'm bored" once more today I'll take away her MP3, DVD,TV,mobile and stereo. Then she'll really know what boredom is.
    God, I sound just like my Mum when I were a kid :eek: Just realized I'm a grown up :eek: :rolleyes: :D

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    This is the trouble Windy.The kids don't know how to make their own amusement these days,and because they have got so much they get bored after five seconds.
    When I was a youngster we were out all day,fishing in the streams,building dens,playing football,rounders,skipping playing ball,camping in the local park.We had so much fun,there didn't seem enough hours in the day.We never ever said we were bored...did that word exsist when we were young?
    Yes I am glad of my childhood,we never had much,we didn't need to keep up with everyone else,because none of us had anything...those were the good old days...I am also sounding like my Mum

Kandy

12. Beefy

Beefy Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Windy growing old is inevitable - growing up is optional :D :D

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,498
    Kandyfloss, I'm a few years older than you and I agree with what you say. I can't remember being bored ???? what was that ????

Also agree with you Beefy, growing up is optional ... and I haven't done that yet! :D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Good morning all this fine monday morning, i have been up since 5 am as with being out yesterday went to bed early and thats me up. It rained at teatime yesterday when sitting in the local pub threw it down from the heavens.
    just looking out it is very overcast this early morning. dry still very humid, do hope it will be nice today. [​IMG]

15. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning Rosa,
    Overcast here too and really sticky. No sunrise here to speak of, but yesterday morning was the same and that turned into a scorcher. Finished off my patio yesterday- yay!! It looks lovely (even if I say so myself!) and trained my newly acquired passion flower -lavender lady and white summer flowering Jasmine up the trellis. I'm growing them in pots- how do you keep your pots going from year to year Rosa?