Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Morning everyone I am earier today due to the fact
    that I am on Fox watch everyone have a lovely Day and all stay safe. [​IMG]

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo and all,a little night time wildlife photography in the offing Woo,a fox used to trail me when I went on my early morning dog walks I used to drop dog biscuits for it ,the flash on the camera didn't seem to bother it.
    PAST 3 O'CLOCK AND A COLD FROSTY MORNING
    [​IMG]
    click to enlarge

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

AOL has been playing couldn't get connected yesterday evening at all a right pain in the butt!

I had a few extra hours in bed this morning and it appears to have been my downfall as my pain has started to play up good style again .......so at the moment I'm rocking and rolling just to ease things up :(

Shiney I'm sure it will not take you and your good lady too long to catch the others up in your class, in no time at all you will both be the bee's knees in camera work! :D Hel.xxx.

4. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all ..helen dont mention aol im havin a nightmare with it..and shiney do your homework we want you top of class by april ;) nice pic walnut .and woo let us know how you go on.off to dentist this morn so im havin day off whilst lady imp works :D :D then i can do the garden cntrs without being rushed. have a good day all and if you cant stay dry stay safe

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone [​IMG]

Woo,hope you get some babies real soon.I think they are a lovely animal [​IMG]

Walnut,lovely early morning photo of your fox :cool:

Helen sorry to hear you are in pain again.I have beentrying to do some weeding in the garden but after a time of kneeling down my back starts playing up so I have to keep having a break from it. :rolleyes: I am ok over at the allotment rotavating though because then I am standing up so have no problem apart from my arms aching.Hope you start feeling better soon. [​IMG]

Enjoy your day everyone [​IMG]

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,738
    Good morning everyone. I just posted this on 'Whats your weather...'

"Hooray!!! [​IMG] It looks as though it is going to rain. It has been over a month (I think) with no significant rain and the garden is suffering. Yesterday the ground was so dry I couldn't do any weeding and trying to cut new edges for the lawns was impossible."

I know that some of you have had too much rain but we urgently need some. We don't usually have to go round the garden watering at this time of year :eek: It looks as though we are in for a drought this year.

Kandy, Helen, inter - I'm not sure how much I will use the photo manipulation but it will be good to know how to do it if necessary [​IMG] . I don't really have much time to play around with it.

Have a great day :D

7. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Good Morning all my friends Hope you are all well
    Everyone have a great Weekend and stay safe.Walnut its a lovely Photo of the Fox the frost really sets it of. [​IMG]

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone [​IMG]

Forgot to say yesterday that our new shop opened at 12noon on Thursday [​IMG] [​IMG] We have waited nearly eight years for this day,especially as where we used to live we had the shops about 500yards from our bungalow so if we ran out of anything it was easy just to pop up the road for supplies.Here,if we ran out of anything it was a case of using the car to go the three miles down to the nearest shops and three miles back. :rolleyes: We couldn't walk or ride our bikes down there as there are no footpaths and because our village is still being built,there is an awful lot of heavy traffic which uses the road :eek:

Anyway,the shop has everything we need even cards and even has a little rack with all those odds and sods that come in handy like nailfiles,combs etc.You know what I mean [​IMG]

Today is the grand opening so that will go off well and the kids will enjoy the clown as well.

Once the Chinese takaway/fish and chip shop opens that will also cater for peoples tastes...

Batton down the hatches folks as it looks like we are in for a right old packet with the weather around Monday and Shiney you might get that rain you so badly need.We have had some heavy rain at night but this cold wind keeps drying out all the flower pots and containers..

Hope you all have a very nice day in all that you do....PS I think I am up to my limit on smilies...{smile}

[ 08. March 2008, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,738
    Good morning everyone.

Kandy, I'm pleased yuo now have your village shop [​IMG] . You sound as though it has most of the things you want.

It has been so dry here that the pheasants have been using our herb garden as a dust bath :eek:
    You can see from this photo that they have worn a small hole in the very dry soil.

[​IMG]

I hope all of you don't have too much trouble with the coming storm.

Have a great day :D

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all, lady imp sulking because the weather is too bad to go shopping. if the winds pick up any more i can next doors silver birch going over ,hope it goes the other way and not towards us..shiney just read on another post that your weather is ok. enjoy it whilst it lasts as all we get sent down from scotland ,we are sending on to you. ;)

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,738
    That's generous of you, inter [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,your soil looks like it is very free draining.No wonder it is like a dust bath [​IMG] :D

Imp,tell your good lady to think of all the money she will be saving by not going shopping,then she can have a better spending spree with all the extra money she has saved when the weather improves :D :D

13. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Morning everyone hope you are all well and enjoying the Weekend have a good Sunday and stay safe

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Still trying to hobble around..... yesterday I just felt rotten and I looked just like a blooming weeble you know the one 'Weebles wobble but they don't fall down' although at times I really did think I would fall down! :eek:

Never mind I'm just trying to keep mobile at the moment it's hard but I refuse to give in! ;)

Kandy in no time at all you will wonder how you managed to do without your local shop but I'm not too sure about the chip shop! [​IMG] It will be really nice for you to be able to walk to the shop for those little bits and bobs that we all seem to forget now and again......although I'm sure the prices will make your hair stand on end!

Well it's a very calm morning it hard to believe the terrible weather warnings we have for later on tonight, Bob's convinced we are not forcast the storm in our area but I'm not taking any chances. I'll hobble around today and make sure everything is well secured. Have a nice Sunday guys and girls and keep a firm hold of your wigs!Hel.xxx.

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Helen and the night shift when you arrive on here :D

Helen sorry to hear that you are impersonating a Weeble :rolleyes: I am like that sometimes if I have been overdoing things especially kneeling down to weed the borders and can now only do it in short bursts :( Now I have this degenerating vertebrea it is more painful if I put pressure on it like when I drive and the bottom of the seat presses on it :eek: Thats why I can't sit down for too long or else I seize up..

We walked down to the shop yesterday but made the mistake of going at the time we did because it was packed,though the clown was good for the kids.Was given some freebies as we left the store,a loaf of bread of our choosing,a bottle of pop each and a bar of chocolate each [​IMG]

We have found a lot of the prices very reasonable because they are not like the Co-Op shops and we will be saving on the petrol that we would have used for the six mile round trip.We won't be doing our main shoppin there because they don't sell my milk {Cravendale} and there isn't a fresh meat counter so we are going to mainly use it for odd things that we run out of.

A lot of the village people will use the Chinese but we only have shop bought fish and chips occassionaly mainly if we have been out and it has been too late when we get back home to cook.

It is nice here at the moment after the torrential rain we had all evening and overnight.At least my pots got a watering and it filled the waterbutt.We now have blue skies with white fluffy clouds and no wind...yet.

Hope you all have a very goood day in all you do.Sorry to have rambled on a bit [​IMG]

[ 09. March 2008, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]