Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,738
    Good morning everyone,
    I'm pleased you seem to have survived the storm so well. It wasn't too bad here and is lovely and sunny now. I'll check the garden a bit later on but it all seems OK.

Have a great day :D

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, a calm morning here today after yesterdays blow out..! Going to try to spend some time in the greenhouse today..! Have a great day everyone in all you do.. [​IMG]

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys honestly I haven't just got up just been really busy ever since the drugs kicked in.

Hope all of your garden plants, houses etc. survived the storm I think we got off lucky as it was only a little more than a breeze here compared to the rest of the country.

Nice start to the day been chatting to my former noisy neighbour (you know the one who had a party until 5 o'clock in the morning) thankfully since the bottle of wine everything is ok and she is kinda like me common as muck! :D

Started spring cleaning and shredding loads of paper it's amazing how things build up over winter.

I got a shock as I found my Rottie's pedigree papers yesterday I thought I lost them years ago!
    But it came at no better time as if he were alive it would have been his 7th birthday today......kinda gave me a feeling as if it was Dude's way of letting me know he's still with me.

People who have had to cope with the loss of a special fur-baby will know what I mean. [​IMG] Hel.xxx.

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Morning all hope everyone is ok have a good day
    and all stay safe [​IMG]

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and all.

Once again lots to do today I'ave got to go and see if I can get the lads a personal event t-shirt for next week, I'ave left it until the last minute as silly old me thought our local t-shirt printing shop would be able to 'do' the deed quite cheap I thought around about �£15 for each members top but no.

Been quoted �£35 per t-shirt even though I did all the design which I supplied via a memory clip and was quite simple. All the shop had to do was click on the design and enlarge it on their computer, they tried to say it's because so much work had to be done....I told them no I don't think so has I had some personal t-shirts designed for christmas presents and they only cost me �£10 each and that was for a design on both front and back! Another case of rip off Britain! :eek:

The wind is blowing something rotten and it's raining quite hard so it looks like I'll be getting wet if it carries on....oh well at least it will save having a shower! :D

I hope all of you have a fun filled day too. ;) Hel.xxx.

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Woo,Helen and all really bad here this morning this time last year I ended up on next doors roof taking down their dislodged roof tiles some cowboys fixed them back on so i'm expecting the same this year, everyone take care this morning and stay safe.

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Helen,Walnut and everyone else [​IMG]

Had to get up because I coudn't see the point in trying to sleep with those bxxxxy winds howling right outside the bedroom window. :( Because Mr Kandy likes to sleep{insists on it}with the window open it is like trying to sleep inside a wind tunnel :eek: :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has come through the night ok wherever you are..

Helen,we will never win in this country.It is just greedy people wanting to make more money than they need to and they think that we are all desperate to buy their goods off of them.Hope you manage to find someone that can do it for you at a more reasonable price so that the first ones lose your custom full stop.

Budget day today,so I expect as usual we are all going to be worse off.I don't think there has been any time in all our married life that me and Mr Kandy has ever benefited from the budget.Because we have no children,there is nothing ever given to childless couples so it is for us a waste of time.

Hope you all have a great day in everything you do [​IMG]

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,738
    Good morning everyone, it is a breezy [​IMG] [​IMG] and sunny day. The wind seems to have got fed up whistling and is just breathing heavily.

Kandy, most people rarely gain anything from the budget. They give it with one hand and take it away with the other. Even last year when he made it sound really good that he was 'doubling' inheritance tax allowances he actually wasn't doing anything. The allowances had always been there if you wrote your will properly. All he saved us was from having the extra paragraph in the will. He made it sound as though we were getting an extra �£300,000 allowance (apparently a lot of the houses in this country are worth more than that - I don't know how people can afford mortgages nowadays :eek: ).

Have a great day and don't get blown away :D

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, won at cheltenham races yesterday, its not going ahead today been abondened due to bad winds too dangerous theres been a lot of damage to stalls, so they are going to put 6 racing cards over to the next 2 days meetings, lets hope the weather is better tommorow for the meeting.
    have a lovely day

10. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning tigs and togs alike! Hope your all well and have been behaving yourselves since i've been away, especially you rosa! :D Horrible weather here yet again, hoping its going to turn nice for the weekend so we can get started on the new project (see garden projects for details!). Small paul the weatherman has other plans for us though, but then he rarely gets it right!

Be warned i'll be here for a while now to pester you til its too cold for me to go out in the garden!!

Oh and wisey, hope there are no plans afoot for you and your caravan in a weeks time...!

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon Andyk, pleased to see you back, do hope you had a lovely time werever you were.
    I have been behaving myself i always do :D :D
    we dont mind getting pestered :D

12. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Im back at uni until start of may so im only in work 2 days a week, meaning i've less time to be browsing the interwebs! It will all be over soon and I can get back to my normal routine!!

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Good mornig all my friends I hope that you are all wall,Its a lovely Morning and a new day,Gypsy and I are off for our eary morning Walk everyone have a nice day and stay safe [​IMG]

14. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Woo and all,enjoy your walk Woo have a safe day everyone.

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Welcome back Andy good luck at Uni I hope you study hard and not party too hard! :D

I thought Rosa is always a good girl [​IMG] Been playing with the horses have you Rosa? Always nice to win isn't it? :D

I'm having major problems still with AOL Bob's also getting fed up so I think we just may start looking else where if all AOL's problems aren't sorted out soon.....it's kind of sad as we have been with them for years without any trouble then they go and sell out and all the trouble starts! :(

Got so much to do for next week I'ave got to find room for two other guys to sleep, dig all the camping gear etc. out for the guys, collect Mike from the airport, collect another guy from Manchester then collect yet another guy on the trip down to Newbury, find time to collect the t-shirts from Barnsley (I got them made for �£10 each a real bargain after been quoted �£35 for each top!)busy, busy times!Hel.xxx.