Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

Woo hope you enjoyed your walk with Gypsy,it is nice here today at the moment but I think wet weather is forecast for the weekend so we will see.

I see we were not given anything yet again in the budget but that is nothing new,though my father in law will be pleased that he will be �£400 a year better off.It might encourage him to turn the heating on and take a layer of clothing off :D

Rosa,glad to hearthta you won on the horses,hope it was enough to emigrate with.Firends of ours went on Tuesday and won over �£150+ so she was well pleased.

Helen,glad to see you managed to get the shirts done cheaper.Just take it easy with all the runn ing about you are going to be doing.

Shiney,different rules apply for those of us Intestate, and the youngsters can afford the mortgages because 6x their annual salary is used and they also have trillions of credit cards that are fully topped up with what their credit limit is and if they go over then the credit limit gets higher, and if things get too bad then they just go bancrupt and walk away from it all or else ask the MSE forum members to advise them on what to do

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do [​IMG]

[ 13. March 2008, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,739

A lovely day so far and hope it will stay like that so I can get some more gardening done this afternoon.

Well done rosa [​IMG]

I didn't expect anything good from the budget and got exactly what I thought I would [​IMG]

Kandy, everyone should make a will. It doesn't cost much and anything you do leave goes where you want it to go.

I'm off to the shops now if I can get through the traffic with all those gas-guzzlers going out and filling up with booze and fags :D

3. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Shiney, I always remember that bit from the Sermon on the Mount, 'Blessed are the pessimists for they shall not be disappointed.' :D

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, busy day with my daughter today. We are off the measure windows etc today...

[​IMG] Have a good day everyone in all you do.. [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, late today, been picking my horses for cheltenham.
    the BUDGET well what can i say they put money on the same things drink because of the binge drinking i suppose and our little tipple has gone up for those of us staying indoors like like a ciggy.
    feel sorry for the mothers that take their kids to school in 4x4s mind they are going to make a bit in child benefit so i guess it will go towards their motor costs ha! ha! you have to laugh :D :D

6. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    HI there all

I'm so sorry for my absense, i've been spending a lot of time offline in the last few weeks.

Not much new to say appart from job going well, illness getting worse [but then we knew that would happen!], and then its also my birthday tomorrow! :D

Take care all, have a good day tomorrow as i wont have time to pop on tomorrow morning :D

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Morning all I do hope you are all ok and well,Whiley have a great Birthday tomorrow,everyone have a nice day and stay safe [​IMG]

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo and all.

Whiley happy birthday for today hope Darren treats you to one of these [​IMG]

Shiney & Kandy good job we don't smoke nor drink otherwise poor Bob would be well out of pocket our only vices are our cars we are shockingly a four person, four car family thankfully three little cars and only one family car though!

Kandy I'll try and take your advice sweetheart and 'try' and take things steady but as you will know yourself it's really hard when things have to be done.

Marley hope things are going well for you and your daughter and that you are both remembering to have a break with a nice cuppa and maybe some chocolate biscuits after all Rome wasn't built in a day! :D

The other day our eldest son dropped me and his g/f Gemma off at the movies and I'm really glad I don't ride with him very often as it was a very scary white knuckle ride I can tell you! :eek: Next time I'll do as Dan always asks and try to drive his car myself as I'm in no hurry to have a repeat performance of his driving.....all I could say to him was thank goodness you're not on my insurance still!
    Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Woo and all,Gordons puppet has left me �£320 a year worse off I hated it when he announced the extra one off �£50 allowance on the heating bill for the pensioners and the rest of his cohorts cheered, big deal,i'll have to stop now or this could turn into a political rant,Whiley I hope things improve for you I'm sure they will,do have a happy birthday and take care.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543

Went baby sitting last night and took Shrek The Third to watch with Jack.I do so love these films and the computer graphics are fantastic the way it is all done to make the people so life like :D

Helen,I over did it at the allotment yesterday afternoon rotavating,doing it for three hours and when i stopped my hands were killing me :( I am OK gardening standing up it is the bending down to weed that is causing me grief,but at least I was out in the fresh air,mind you how I can call it fresh being two fields away from a dual carriage way :eek:

Shiney,Mr Kandy says he doesn't care what happens after he has gone and refuses to have a will made out.Bit selfish of him me thinks :rolleyes:

Rosa,hope you won some more money on the horses.I wouldn't know where to start with it all,never having bet in my life..

Walnut please explain as to why you are �£320 worse off with the budget.Mr Kandy and I have never ever benefited in any budget no matter which lot are in power.He has to use his car for work as there is no rail transport yet to his works and to use the bus it would take him 1 1/2 hours to get there and the same to come home I wish he was able to work form home,now that would be nice.

Also there is now talk of a wind farm being built on the edge of our village which isn't pleasing the families that live in the �£700,000+ houses.It will start off with four that they want and then they will add more and more.Why can't they build the Bxxxdy things well away from houses :eek:

Hope you all have a great day in all you do

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, looks nice out there this morning nice and sunny.
    My hubby was most upset when the tax man took over �£1000 off his wages, so i doubt whether we will be any better off.
    I think its disgusting taxing pensioners when they have worked all their lives to save for the little extras.and the winter bill will be more than any �£250, well thats my little rant for the day.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,why did the tax man take �£1,000 off of your hubby's wages?Was that over a year?

We thought Mr kandy losing over �£300+ a month bad enough when his firm took away his market suppliment :eek:

Not having kids we don't get any of the tax benefits that the parents get these days and we certainly can't afford to go out drinking and it is bad enough that Mr Kandy burns money with his smoking :rolleyes:

We pay enough in Council tax but havn't got children so we are paying for the schools that we don't use,so we think we should pay less as should anyone with either no kids or grown up ones :(

Hope you have a good day [​IMG]

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,739
    Good morning everyone.

Happy birthday Whiley. Have a great time [​IMG] [​IMG]

I haven't bothered to work out how much our "beloved" [​IMG] [​IMG] chancellor has taken from me this time but walnut's amount wouldn't surprise me at all.

Kandy, I agree with you. It is very selfish of your hubby to not care what happens after he is gone. Does he realise that if he dies before you and hasn't got a will then his estate doesn't necessarily all go to you? :eek: .

I've got a busy day today. Want to get in a little bit of gardening before I start organising the food for the people coming for the weekend. This afternoon I've got to go to the launch of a new organisation that will facilitate the working together of local businesses and education. This is really needed as, apart from the existing problems, we have the projected major house building that the government have been pushing (and virtually nobody wants) plus the possible expansion of Stansted Airport to a bigger size than Heathrow (that also is not wanted). The Prime Minister and the Chancellor are not my favourite people :mad: This evening I'm off to play bridge - for a change [​IMG]

14. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    moring all been leaving the pc alone as this aol is driving me up the wall, kandy now the shop is up and running are you happy with the prices.helen hope the pain in the bum isnt giving you too much hassle, rosa pub crawls and gambling you be wearing a hoodie next :D and shiney hope you got your long awaited rain did you get enough to fill your water butts [​IMG] as for the budget so glad i talked lady imp out of getting another 4x4 freelander she said it would never happen. so i had to go behind her back and put a deposit down on a new peugeot 307 she has only just forgiven me ,why is the man always right ;)

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,739
    Hi inter, yes my butts are full [​IMG] . You'll never be able to move your house with a 307 [​IMG] :D