Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    aint going that way again shiney too many monkeys and hippos ;)

2. Juliasaurus

Juliasaurus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning everyone and happy birthday Whiley!

Think it's mainly the spirits duty that'll get me... [​IMG] I'm fortunate enough not to have to drive very much (although I don't know that it's that great having to take public transport to work every day), but I can see that's going to hurt a lot of people.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney and inter, yes love my horses, got a bet on today, just do saturdays normally and big meetings, always have lucky 15s you can pick up some good winnings doing that.
    :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning julia, i guess a lot of people have to rely on their cars as they are not on bus routes or train routes, my daughter and her hubby need their cars as they are in that position, were they live there is no way with 2 children they could get a bus and there is no trains were they live.

5. Juliasaurus

Juliasaurus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Linda - yes I do feel sorry for people in your daughter's predicament. When our public transport is in an area, and when it's regular, it's pretty good. My parents live near Nottingham and they have excellent bus, tram and train services. But it's very hard for people in rural areas. I think I foolishly believed the politicians when they said that the fuel duties and the congestion charges would be ploughed back into improving roads and public transport. Ha!!

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    julias, only pleased my daughter has a small car to run, sunshinep my friend lives even more rural they need 2 cars, as she hasnt a bus or train service were she lives.
    this hitting out on 4x4 drivers is absolutely appalling as these people that own them a lot live in rural areas, were it easier to drive these vehicles especially iff they get bad weather, snow etc.
    this government is going a bit too far now and i only hope in my next life im not born in britain.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Not going to mention anything more about the budget after all few of us benefit from it these days but then who ever did anyway!

Kandy I know how you feel sweetheart once you're busy doing something you really love (like gardening of any kind) the time passes so quickly and one doesn't realise how we mess ourselves up until the end.....but no matter how bad we feel the enjoyment over rides any kind of pain and we always go back for more. Hope you're feeling better today darling.

Shiney hope all goes well for you this weekend and everyone enjoys your menu.

Ste at the moment AOL is being more of a pain in the butt than my normal pain if you get my meaning it's a real nightmare boy 'they' better sort it out soon otherwise we're trying somewhere else! :mad:

Rosa years ago Bob and I use to love going to the races the thrill and atmosphere is amazing I remember one time at Market Rasen I picked a 16 to 1 winner...... Bob was pretty pleased as he left with a couple of hundred quid in his pocket.

I picked the guys event t-shirts up yesterday and although they are simple they are brilliant the boys will be real pleased even more so when they find out that they are our little treat for them all......�£10 per t-shirt can't be bad at all after the local shop wanted around �£35 for the same thing!

Harry and the rest of the guys have been ranked 18 in the event but the others in the ranking are coursing up-roar about it and have told officals they need to change the rankings as Harry's clan (team) are far better than that.....which is real nice of the other clans to do so.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend I'ave still got lots to do getting ready for the other boys coming next week, I'm also going to try and fatten Mike from Sweden up again which should be fun! :D Hel.xxx.

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Good morning Helen and all my other Friends ,My its a Grand morning for our early morning walk
    Gypsy and I are really looking forward to it,everyone have a lovely weekend and all be safe. [​IMG]

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

Woke up at 5am this morning with the strat of a headache so hope it doesn't hang around long :rolleyes: Feel very blocked up and a bit chesty so need some fresh air to clear the cobwebs away,though at the moment it is damp out there so I might be stuck inside all day :(

Hope everyone that has got things going on today and tomorrow has a fantastic time with friends and family [​IMG]

Take Care [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, early risers this morning.
    helen i love going to the races, we dont go to them very often, cheltenham is too far for us and the 3 day event would cost a lot of money.
    its quite miserable out here raining, woo hope you enjoyed your walk.
    kandy do hope that headache doesnt hang around too long and hope your feeling better very soon.
    have a lovely day whatever your all up to.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  13. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all, helen 02.59 woo 03.13 kandy 05.39
    get some sleep [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    hope your all back in bed catching up now,rosa love the horses and the newcastle badge all you need now is a bookies and a pub or maybe ten pubs :D . lets hope newcastle get a much needed win and sunderland lose ;)

14. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    rosa you just made me hungry..are you cooking wish you could send us breaky by text :D

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,739
    Good morning everyone.

It is dry and calm out there but everyone seems to be saying we shall get rain today so I had better get out there and do some mowing before it starts [​IMG] . Before people start turning up I need to mow up all the seed cases that have dropped from the bird feeder and the mess :eek: the pheasants leave underneath it.

Have great weekend :D