Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning! Thank you for my lovely birthday replies, emails and PMs :D I had a lovely day!

I was met at work first thing by the builders with a cup of tea and handfuls of chocolate :D Lots of lovely cards from people there, then Darren picked me up from work presenting me wiht flowers and a copy of 101 Dalmatians 1 + 2 plus a cuddley dalmatian! <3
    We intended going to the zoo but it was too late in teh day and it was dank and nasty, so we went for lunch at Nandos and then went to see 10,000 BC which i really adored! Darren would have loved it too but he kept fidgiting and whispering 'but it isn't histerically right!' at me, when all i ocould say was 'aah lookit pwetty mammoth :D '

Then we went to the riverside for giant pizza and nachoes with a few close friends and family and yay. :D

Now i'm off to Sussex for the weekend with Darren for paintballing and i'm taking my photography stuff as the land where they play is gorgeous!

I got awesome presents too, tickets to see Doctor Doolittle on stage at the end of the month, some show tanks for the rats, my dvds, and loads of new art stuff! Whole new set of acyrlics, some paintbrushes and canvases, new close up palettes and a big wooden paints box-foldy-outy-also-a-table-top-easel <3 so so excited, might have to take all that along to Sussex with me if i have room then spend the day painting :D

Also just opened a scarf <3

YAY lots of Lush stuff too i just opened, nom. Including my favourite chocolate cocoa butter lipbalm and candy soap!

I'll stop now :D

Wishing you all a lovely weekend, i've now got an hour to make some cookies, pack my stuff, pack Darrens stuff and sort out rats before he comes home and we head off.

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning inter, shiney and whiley,
    inter pleased you like my horses and newcastle do need a win we hope.
    just had sausage and bacon sandwiches, crack a few eggs :D :D
    whiley so pleased you had a lovely birthday, didnt know you were into painting, will look out for them in hobbies section.have a great weekend and painting in sussex.

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Good Morning everyone hope you are all ok looks like i am going to get wet on this mornings walk Its rainng hard,all have a lovely Sunday and stay safe. [​IMG]

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,looks like the Plebs near here are using other tactics to beat the fuel costs round here, it seems they are putting anything in their fuel tanks judging by the smoke comming out of their exhausts, they have no tax no insurance and low running costs the cars don't cost anything either they just pick them up off the street :rolleyes: Glad you had a good birthday Whiley lets see some of those nice paintings you do now you've got those acrylics, have a safe day everyone.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone [​IMG]

Not very nice weather here at the moment,lashing it down with rain and have strong winds again :rolleyes:

Woo,you are going to get those wings wet and battered again :eek:

We have lamb for dinner today so looking forward to it :cool:

Hope you all have a great day in all you do and wrap up well if you venture out [​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

Good morning everyone.
    looks a little dull here but at least the sun is shining very nicely.
    we have pork, stuffing. apple sauce, roasties and veg for dinner today.
    have a great sunday all my dear friends

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,we have lamb today with all the usual roast tatties, yorkshire pud and vegetables [​IMG] :D

Enjoy your pork and have a good day [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, guess we will make inter feeling very hungry after he sees what we are having for dinner :D :D
    enjoy your lamb kandy, might take a pic for inter

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all a horrid day today weather wise, but have some friends dropping in later for a meal so that will be fun.... Sounds like some nice roast dinners today..!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] Glad you had a smashing birthday Whiley...!! :D

[​IMG] Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing.. [​IMG]

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,741
    Good morning everyone, dull and wet out but not raining.

We've got lots of things for dinner (this evening) for all our guests so I shall be busy preparing and cooking today.

Guacamole with corn chips, houmous with pita, chicken liver pate with melba toast, lentil soup, roast marinated leg of lamb, chicken with avocado, vegetarian risotto, roast pots, spiced rice, Yorkshire puds, cauli, runner beans, white cabbage with mustard seeds, apple crumble, chocolate pots, strawbs and mango with liqueur, fresh fruit platter. It shouldn't take more than a couple of hour's work today as some of it has been prepared already.

Have a great day :D

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all just rolled out of bed to hear the kettle whistling Bob brought it for me so he wouldn't miss out on a cuppa.....it's murder in the mornings when I'm up early as I have to stand near it before it clicks off otherwise it will wake the whole household up as it's an electrical one.

Whiley I'm glad you had a lovely birthday it seems you beat me to 10,000 BC that's gotta be a first! :D

Walnut don't get me started on people who don't pay their road tax, pay for insurance etc. or nick cars for that matter I could go on forever about that....but then I do go on forever as it is! :D

Well if it's dinner were are taking about it's good old beef for us today with plenty of Yorkshire Pudddings I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Have a nice Sunday guys and girls.....Good luck Shiney with your guests this evening.Hel.xxxx.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning marley, shiney and helen, sounds like we all are going to have lovely dinners, wouldnt mind an invite to shineys, just love houmas with pitta bread, great menu, would have a little bit of everything :D :D

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    well thought i would let you all know this post i have made it to 12,000 not bad in just over 2 years of being with gc.

14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D :D What time did you say Shiney..??????????????? :D :D :D We'll all be there, sounds like you will just have enough........!! [​IMG] :D

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Congrats on reaching the 12000 Rosa [​IMG] [​IMG]