Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. joyce42

joyce42 Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good Morning Helen, Dreadful day here too,Ihave trouble with AOL as well,I was begining to think my computer is on the blink. joyce

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,overslept this morning and then was surprised to see so many peeps on here.Thought the clocks must have gone forward [​IMG] :D

By the sounds of it you all had a good day yesterday.Mr kandy was stuck to the paint tin all day and I got some more seedlings pricked out.Just need a bigger greenhouse now in which to house them all :rolleyes:

Got some weeding done but because we had a cold wind I couldn't stay out there for too long.No wonder they want to put in 125 meter high wind turbines in our village :eek:

Hope you all have a lovley day in everything you do [​IMG]

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,757
    Good morning everybody, I don't think I shall go for a walk today as I might shrink [​IMG]

Kandy, you should get Mr Kandy to put up some trstles with planks across them. Then he can paint the roof of the conservatory whilst lying on his back. :D If it was good enough for Michaelangelo it is good enough for him [​IMG]

Have a great day :D

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,just told Mr Kandy and this was his face :D :D :D :D He doesn't think his step ladder will be high enough to stand on so he is looking for an excuse to buy another ladder to go with the two he already has :rolleyes:

I expect as usual he will have to have a sit on my shoulders to paint that high up :eek:

Enjoy your day [​IMG]

5. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all.. mr kandy elangelo :D :D your mad shiney [​IMG] [​IMG] well the weather is as bad as the forecast said and just sent lady imp off to do a 12 hour shift, oh well they fought for equal rights ;) dont know what im going to do today ill be at a bit of a loose end but ill cope .kandy been meaning to ask how is that building work going on ..the one you are not happy about has that stupid builder started yet ;)

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Imp,I see you are a builder as well so better be careful what I say [​IMG] :D He built our dwarf walls for us of this conservatory and used to dissapear after being on site for 15 minutes and never came back until the afternoon by witch time the sun has come round to the back garden and it is boiling hot,then complains about the heat.Also instead of tying in the corner bricks at an angle he just butted them up so Mr Kandy had to put that right.Also he never left us with a proper level floor so Mr Kandy had to buy loads of floor leveling compound to put that right.Sounds like a right cowboy to me and I would never reccomend him to anyone :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr Kandy is on the painting of the wood inside and out but because of the cold weather can't do it as fast as he wants.Thankyou for asking [​IMG]

Morning LoL,nice to see you about this morning ;)

[ 28. March 2008, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

7. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    he done a fantastic job, lady imp does cook well but she also works hard as she works full time for the nhs , she left for work at 7 this morn and wont be home till 9 tonight...hence why i am always drooling at your food.. :D :D

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, little late again been to the post office to send woos water colour to him.
    by woo you were up early this morning, you should sleep tonight :D :D
    Kandy looks like you have a lot of working going on mr kandy looks like hes having a ball there, must be nice to have a conservatory, have you conservatory furniture to go in there as people use them for different things dining area also.
    by inter your mrs imp works long hours,do hope you make her dinner for when she gets back. :D
    have a great day everyone

9. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Be careful up there Mr Kandy...don't over reach..in fact, I suggest a taller set of steps! ;)
    Whack a mis coat on the walls,fill the crabs,rub down the snots,another coat or two and I reckon you can have a rest over the weekend!
    BTW...Do you get any help or just struggle along? [​IMG]

10. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    no rosa she eats at work ... but i do end up rubbing her feet [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,good to see you back online [​IMG] No furniture yet,we keep looking and saving because looking at the prices of the stuff for what we are looking for,two x two seaters plus a small table is going to be around Ã?£1,000 and we can't buy them off the net because we have to sit on them first for comfort with our back problems :eek: then there is the lighting and blinds to save for as well because we are overlooked so need something...I put up the back photo of Mr Kandy so I could look at his nice bum :D

Pal,Mr Kandy didn't want to use the proper step ladder so pinched mine that I use in the greenhouse to water my high up plants,then complained that it was dirty so washed it first.I also mentioned about using a small brush,but he insisited it was the correct size,until he had nearly finished then realsied he had not picked up the right sized brush that he had already put out [​IMG]

I would like him to fill in the gaps that can be seen especially between the window frames and the window sills but he says nothing can be done about them,but I think he could do something .

No help Pal,apart from the builder,plasterer,and the chap who did the lead work Mr K has done the whole lot himself.I did start doing the painting of the window frames yaers ago but got told off that I wasn't doing it right and have even offered to help this week but just got told to get back to the washing,ironing,cooking,cleaning,gardening,allotmenteering etc,so I have kept out of the way,thouhg I shall be the one who keeps it clean and tidy when it is finished..Phew

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    inter how sweet, bet your pleased your let off doing the cooking and mrs imp eats from her work.

kandy, them conservatory furniture is expensive lets hope you get them soon as for my kandys bum :eek: :rolleyes: [​IMG] :D :D [​IMG]

13. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :D :D Surely you could have chipped in during your spare time Kandy...The poor chap!

If you get some painters Caulking you could fill that gap. It comes in tubes and is applied using a 'gun' .It is water based and can be gloss painted over and is flexible with the timber frames. I sometimes have to do the job with a coloured silicone to match the gloss when the painters haven't bothered.

14. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its about +3 and cloudy, looks like it might actually rain.....i sure hope so!!

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Pal,I had lost my internet connection for an hour and have only just got back on line.Mr K says he has some of that stuff,so I am going to twist his arm to use it or else [​IMG] :D