Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Thanks shiney, best of luck to you too... Stitches usually tickle a bit.... ;) I live in the country Shiney, my nearest hospital is 45mins with no traffic.... Have to be there for 9.30, so leaving around 8.15, will be travelling with the workers...!!! :eek: :D

2. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, i think i've got the same as you. I just can't pull round this morning either. up hour & half ago and eyes still don't want to open.

Good luck with your appointment MF.

Shiney, hope it doesn't tickle too much!

My husband was baking bread again yesterday, plain one & a garlic one. garlic not too successful. Still got eaten though [​IMG]

Have a good day all.

cheers

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone.
    kandy hope you feeling ok i have just got up , getting a few headaches lately.
    marley good luck at the hopstal hope everything goes ok and its nothing serious.
    borrowers hope your feeling ok a bit later.
    have a great day everyone, take care

4. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all!

Shiny, all the best for your tough work today! Troop on! And both to you and Marley, all the best for your hospital visits and stitches out!

I wish i could make bread properly, every time i tried i've failed. I'm sticking to cupcakes. But homemade garlic bread Borrowers! Hmmm sounds brilliant!

Well what strength i had left yesterday after cleaning out the critters that should have been spent on srting laundry and hoovering was given to an afternoon of photography with the rats :D

I'm rather pleased, i think i'm getting a bit better. I'll post them in Pets in a moment :D

Which means today i have to do the housework. Wow ie me, but nevermind!

Also got a meeting with my work at HR regarding my leaving options. I'm a bit lucky actually as the designated HR rep i know quite well and she knows M.E rather well, so shes offered to meet out of work, in my time, and allowing Darren to come to write notes for me, what with brain fog and headaches and other things that get in the way with this darned condition when you're trying to concentrate. Bit daunting, but nevertheless not as bad as it could be.

Hands up who else is counting down to the new series of Doctor Who starting on Saturday?

5. Juliasaurus

Juliasaurus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning everyone - good luck with your meetings and hospital appointments (I have a very easy day really...)!

Whiley - bread making is really easy if you buy a breadmaker (I got a Morphy Richards one from Amazon for Christmas last year). I haven't bought a loaf of bread since October 2006 - the supermarket bread is so salty! If I knead the dough myself and bake in an oven it seems to split and expand in odd directions, but breadmakers solve the problem. And you can time it so you wake up to the smell of fresh bread. :-D

6. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ooo i say. That sounds like a gizmo to go on the gift list. I'd love a bash at that. We get through so much bread its unbelieveable so that would be a worthwhile purchase!

7. Juliasaurus

Juliasaurus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It's great - and in most supermarkets you can get pre-packed bread mixes in 500g bags. You just stick it in the breadmaker and add water. I have a few of them for when I can't even be bothered to measure out the flour/yeast/salt (but really it takes less than five minutes to put all the ingredients in, and all flour packs have recipes on the labels).

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,758
    Hi MF,
    I hope your appointment went OK. I've had the stitches out and was back by 11.15 [​IMG] [​IMG] and only just a little bit sore. I'm just having a cuppa and relaxing then Mrs shiney is taking me out for lunch :D

9. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning again all

well i'm sat in the garden! i do have a polo neck & a fleece on, but at least i'm able to sit out for the first time this year. Been for a walk with the dog, so she's now stretched out on the lawn.

Yes mrtu b. uses a bread maker. At the moment he's making a korma sauce for me. Chicken cooked yesterday, shop bought sauce but he's adding coconut & sugar & yoghurt cos the shop bought ones never taste as good as the takeaway.

Smell is lovely in the kitchen.

Well i'm so pleased my wireless stuff is all working out here, sun in now getting lovely and warm on my back. Keep looking at the grass.....shall I, shan't I???? Yeah, later.

Hope you're all having a good day too, and that all of your hospital visits went as well as they could.

cheers

10. Juliasaurus

Juliasaurus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very envious Borrowers! I get the jars of paste, then add the tomatoes/yoghurt/coconut - they taste pretty good and I don't have to worry about roasting the spices etc.

Glad your stitches came out without a fuss Shiney.

11. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Well back again shiney & everyone. Many thanks for the good wishes... Well seems like I have them flumoxed... [​IMG] :rolleyes: Got to see a Hematologist next...! [​IMG] Oh all good fun...!!!

I would recommend a breadmaker Whiley, as Julia says, you can set it, so when you wake up your loaf is done...!!! [​IMG] Watch your weight though....!!!!! :D

Have a great rest of the day everyone & enjoy your lunch shiney..... [​IMG]

Think I shall have to cook a curry for tonight now borrowers.... Can smell your Korma.....!!!!!! :D

12. Juliasaurus

Juliasaurus Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Well there's no point in having something boring and normal is there Marley? Keeps them on their toes to have to think about their patients a bit! :D

Hope they do find out what's up with you, however, and in plenty of time to treat you (we could do without Dr Gregory House-type dramas, couldn't we?)!

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D Thanks Julia... That is just what I said to the consultant...!!! :D I am sure it will all be sorted out soon...! [​IMG]

14. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good morning everyone,

Its sunny and a little cooler here today, but we have lost most of our snow!

15. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Hi Penny, long time no speak... Glad to see your weather is improving, my friends have been be-moaning their weather too! Glad it is improving!!... Enjoy your day... [​IMG] [​IMG]