Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,758
    Good morning all.

Helen, I'm pleased to hear that you are feeling better and that Mum is OK and I hope that Bob's new tablets do the job [​IMG]

I'm getting on pretty well now and am, carefully, doing some work in the garden. [​IMG] With the help of Tracy I have been removing a section of lawn and turning it into another bed and have also been continuing to cut new edges around the grass. Mrs shiney is keeping a close eye on me and making sure I don't overdo things :D

Have a great day. :D

2. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,758
    The sun is now shining on the righteous so I think I'll go out there now and join them :D

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning everyone.. Glad all your hospital things went well Hel.. Hope Bobs new tablets work for him.. I have just come off the phone with one of my dog sitters & he had a Kidney transplant 11 1/2yrs ago.. He has odd problems now & again but nothing serious.. Travelled around Russia for a month last year..! He sends Bob his best wishes...

:D Oh & I had a great time with the grand children in the park yesterday Hel.. Am going again this afternoon..!! :D

Wishing you luck too Whiley... ;) [​IMG]

[​IMG] Have a great day everyone in everything you do...

4. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all!!

Its World Rat Day 2008!

http://news.uk.msn.com/world-rat-day.aspx

We're having a little critter party later, little rat friendly cakes from a recipe i developed, with music and play time all together on the bed! :D They also got a new giant hammock for each cage as a pressie from mummy [​IMG]

Off today to sort out my travel insurance for the holiday, and Darrens dads birthday tea this evening, i feel a lot of energy being spent today.

I've been written off work again until the 17th, then i hve to make the decision as to stick about and see if they'll bend my hours at all or not. Big dicisions. I'm scared for my health and i want to protect myself, but at the same time, really don't want to leave work. Its not stressful bar having a dragon for a boss, and i want to have a bash at maybe a few hours less, i dont know >.<

Anyhoo, I best go shower and get out my walking sticky ready for the day.

By the way, i will just mention, i don't pay for my auntographs, I write personal letters and handmade cards with a photo inside and a SAE asking jolly nicely for a signing :D

Have a lovely day in what you do, and spare a thought for ratties on their national day! :D

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :D Well Congrats' to the Ratties on thier special day & I know you will enjoy it as much as they will... :D Have a great day... :D

Try not to worry about work too much Whiley or you will make yourself worse... :eek: You will know what decision to take by the time it comes around I am sure ... ;) [​IMG]

6. Penny in Ontario

Penny in Ontario Total Gardener

Work for my husband.
    Ratings:
    +1,668
    Good afternoon everyone, i've been out raking all morning and its so nice to get it done, still needs a little more but its getting there, hate to dash off, but had better get back to it.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Why thank you Shiney I hope that you also are able to continue to get along with your health problems nice and steady, remember it's far better to go along at a slow speed than too crazy and mess yourself up..... what with summer and all to look forward to. [​IMG]

Thank you also Marley it seems everytime we go to the hospital we hit another hurdle with Bob's health if it's no one thing it's the other.....nice to know about your friend although he is an awful lot luckier than Bob as no matter what happens in the future Bob will not be allowed a kidney transplant due to the cancer he has had.

He's at peace with that although sadly I dread to think of the 'what if? factor....but you never know what could happen in this life and we all try to have as much fun as we can which I think is the best way to be. [​IMG]

It's always nice having the little ones but boy is it nice sometimes when they go home... maybe its because we are getting old! :D .
    Do you feel the same sometimes Marley? Not the old bit sweetie! :D

Finally ordered the greenhouse yesterday although due to us dragging our feet trying to find a date that was suitable for us (and of course finding a greenhouse that we both agreed on) we just missed out on a 15% discount doh! :( Never mind I'm sure we will have plenty of fun putting the thing up! :D

Have a nice weekend everyone! [​IMG] Hel.xxx.

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,741
    Morning Helen and all my other friends all have a lovely weekend and stay safe [​IMG]

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen,Woo and all,Helen good attitude to take we say "make hay while the sun shines" good luck with the greenhouse it's going to be tropicals for Hel from now on,have a safe weekend everyone.

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning world [​IMG]

Went off babysitting last night so didn't get home until midnight.Could have done with having a lie in this morning but Willow doesn't know the meaning of the word lie in :rolleyes:

Shiney glad to hear that everything went ok with the removal of the stitches and nice to hear you are getting rid of some more of that grass.Flowers are much more nicer to look at and I am sure you won't miss a bit of grass with all that amount you have got :D

Marley,Good Luck with all your tests and hope that it turns out OK for you. [​IMG]

Helen, sounds like you had your hands full again with the little ones.You are going to enjoy your greenhouse and give it a few months you will be wishing it was an even bigger one. :D
    Hope as well that Bob gets on ok with his tablets and that they do the trick..

Walnut,love your little racing bike up and down the hill,one of your best yet.

Well I do hope you have a nice day in all that you do.The sun is already shining,so it looks like it might be a good day and I am ready for the snow tonight/tomorrow :cool:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, have a great weekend what ever your up to, its been raining here ealier, forecast for snow this weekend,I havnt had a ciggie since yesterday afternoon at 2, no patches nothing after 36 years , its hard but its all in the mind this craving, after a while i forget about them and have mints, have a lovely day

[ 05. April 2008, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: rosa ]

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,758
    Whoops! Does nice and steady include cutting most of the lawns and cutting out the edges for the new flower beds [​IMG] . I did get Tracy to remove all the turfs :D

Kandy, I suppose I should put up some before and after photos. We've got to dig in compost and then decide what plants to put in. Mrs shiney has lots of plants waiting for homes [​IMG]

We've also partially prepared the trials bed. I'll take photos and hope there will be something worth showing.

We are just about to go out for a walk in the beautiful sunshine [​IMG]

13. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    blimey shiney..slow down :eek: the only thing you missed out was the morning jog :D look foward to seeing your photos but take ya time..what op was it, have you come back the bionic man..well done rosa i just lit up..send us your nice lighters :D ;)

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    inter thanks still havnt had one its nearly 1 lunch time nearly 24 hours, must admit ciggies were on my mind earlier, thought i might elapsed when i went to the shop for milk, didnt buy any and now im not really bothered about them, put all the ash trays and lighters away, o/h smokes mind it wont bother me watching him puff away it didnt the last time i had stopped for 3 weeks.i only had them cheap �£1 lighters :D :D

15. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Good afternoon all. Hope your day isn't as wet as mine!It's pouring out there now :(
    rosa.. [​IMG] Well done! 18 months since I stopped and now just the smell makes me ill. [​IMG]