Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Morning everyone Hope you are all well. [​IMG]

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

No need to ask how things are with me needless to say I hope I'll be going back to sleep soon! [​IMG]

Kandy don't be too eager to write off your little print even if it's not a limited print it could still be both a bob or two....a few years ago I was clearing out the attic (before our move) and came across two little prints of Raymond Briggs 'Snowman' (I thought I have given them away years ago) anyway I popped them on eBay and couldn't believe how much I got for them, one went for Ã?£60 the other for Ã?£80 but they were limited works but still people are prepared to pay good money for something that catches their eye and your little picture does certainly catch the eye! [​IMG]

No carboot or greenhouse work done this past weekend, oh well maybe we will get a chance in the week for more work on the greenhouse at least.

Started to go to a carboot yesterday but never got there it blooming well rained but Bob was full of wanting to go and find a bargain so we ended up at a antiques fair sadly Bob didn't find anything he liked.

I managed to get a lovely silver travel charm for one of my charm bracelets. I even managed to haggle it down with ease in price and got it for �£3. The lady was really very sweet she took the charm to one side and wrapped it up in a very pretty organza bag, I told her how sweet the little bag was and she beamed with pride.

I was quite taken aback at what she did next as when she passed me the bag she did something which I found pretty odd, she took both my hands in hers and held them for a while and wished me all the good luck I could ever wish for...now that has never happened to me before and although I thought it a little strange at the time I have to admit I was really pleased with some stranger blessing me in that way!
    I hasten to add the seller was not a young lady nor did she wear dark clothes etc. :D

I wonder if anyone else has had such a strange experience? Hel.xxx.

3. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning Helen and everyone else ,have a great day and stay safe. [​IMG]

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen Woo and all,Hel.your experience at the fair yesterday is not unusual over here in cheshire everyone is friendly and they do that all the time ;)hope it works for you,have a safe day everyone.

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all my dear friends have a great day

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,761
    Good morning everyone,
    Enjoy your day :D

7. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hope your all ok , hope mr kandy and mr yorkshire braveheart (bob) are feeling better..catch up with you once i have finished my patio [​IMG]

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Good luck on your patio Ste hope you are being looked after [​IMG] by Mrs.Imp. :D

Been busy double digging a new border in the back garden and fell asleep just after 9 pm last night and now look what time I wake up!

Bob wasn't up to much so he just kept me company for a little while but I know he's eager to have another re-start on the greenhouse maybe a good sleep will sort him at too as he's so exhausted lately.

Looks like we are in for an couple of warm days although I'm sure there will be rain fingers crossed I will be able to do more in the garden.Hel.xxx.

9. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning Helen and all my other friends Hope you are all well,have a lovely day and stay safe. [​IMG]

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Imp,Helen,Woo and everyone,hope you are all OK [​IMG]

Imp,Mr Kandy is feeling a lot better Thanks though at times his voice seems to go all croaky.Not sure whether that is due to him having that man flu the other week or his stopping smoking. :rolleyes:

Helen,I can't do much in the garden at the moment because I have lower back problems again.I have been trying to take photo's of my spring flowers as well as doing some potting up and even that is painful.I am back on the painkillers at the moment.Hope you and Bob are taking it easy with your health problems [​IMG]

Woo,love your cherries,they keep blinking at me :D

Hope you all have a lovely day in everything you do [​IMG]

11. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,761
    Good morning all,
    Kandy, I hope your back gets better quickly [​IMG]

Helen, don't overdo things with the digging and I wish Bob lots better [​IMG]

Woo, I'm trying to make out what your Avatar says :confused: [​IMG]

Have a great day :D

12. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Hi Everyone Shiney these may help :D [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    cant read it either is this where they get the saying from :D
    [​IMG]

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Love it Woo :D Imp,I have only one thing to say :eek: [​IMG] :D

Shiney,Thanks for your kind words.I am ok standing but struggle to kneel or bend my old back for too long and when I sit down the weight of my body pushes on this dodgy bone :eek: I just have to take it easy and keep mobile but it is no joke when I struggle to even put my socks on.I will survive though{song in there somewhere} :D

15. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Well im back (again!) and this time im almost here to stay, I know i keep saying that. In 2 week's i'll be a graduate and i'll be spending all my days at work (a.k.a. wasting time on the internet!). I've finished my 20,000 words I had to get done this semester which has been great fun, no really! [​IMG]

Anyways 1 test on 2nd May and im freeee! I treated myself to a second mini greenhouse to plant my seeds out as the other is full of cuttings and plants from last year! The veg patch will soon be full and phase 3 of the garden project is about to begin, im preparing my back for pain! Thanks to all those that sent me seeds last year (and plants too!) I've just planted out himalayan honeysuckle, kochia burning bush, sweet peas and cerinth purpurascens that were kindly sent to me, i'll let you know the results. I think it was sarracenic and somebody else, sorry I cant remember it was months ago now!!

Well enough rambling on, lovely day today which makes a nice change, hope your all doing well!
    Have a nice day! [​IMG]