Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Woo and all, no sunrise visible this morning Woo wall to wall cloud here,have a safe day everyone.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,hope you all had a great Sunday.

Went for a nice walk yesterday morning and then after Mr K had rung his dad we drove over to Kelmarsh Hall to have a look round the Hardy Plant fair that they were holding there.Bought quiet a few plants including a green flowered primula and an Iris called Iris Confusa {Bamboo Iris} but couldn't put any of the plants into the ground because of the rain we had.:(Hopefully he will be able to get them in to day if the gound dries up.:thumb:

Pal,I keep GC in my favourites but still have to log in each time I come on here.Also the time seems out as it shows an hour difference to what the time it says on my computer and the time I posted,then later on it looks like it corrects its self unless I keep having blonde moments:rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone in everything you do:thumb:

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Right I have just logged out and then got directed back to the forum index.When I looked at the list it says the time I posted was 5.17 am when it actual fact it was 6.17am.I was still in bed then so how come the time is an hour out?does anybody know?:(:eek:

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Been a very busy bee around the place been helping Bob to put the greenhouse up it's taking us forever! Don't laugh but the end is in sight we had a HUGE problem with them 'W' clips hadn't a clue how to fix them but in the end Bob sorted it out.

It's raining today but Bob says we can dash out in between the showers...my goodness he is keen isn't he?:D

Anyway guys hope the weather is better for you than what we have here enjoy the extra day off. Hel.xxx.

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,nice to see marley has been in from jamaica, nice and sunny out there, may go out today, have a great bank holiday monday all.

6. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    And a Good Morning to you all too:thumb:
    Drizzle here, but we will be going to our local G Centre,as I have a rather nice pot to fill....:cool:

My Clock is an hour behind too Kandy.

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Greetings everyone.First on here this bright sunny morning.:) Hope it stays nice today because it is Mr Kandy's birthday and we are going out for the day.It will probably be a visit to the RSPB Headquarters in Bedforshire to do a spot of birdwatching and then we will go off and find somewhere nice to have a nice pub lunch.:thumb:

Hope you all had a great Bank Holiday and a good day today in everything you do:)

Pal nice to see you on here,as I always say the more the merrier.:thumb:

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Lovely weather yesterday although not so much in the morning but the afternoon was a sizzler which helped Bob and I as now the greenhouse is almost up it's missing a few strips but nothing that we can't sort out.

While we were outside one of our neighbours shouted over from his upstairs window 'what you going to grow Helen' the family from the other side was having a right screaming fit so I told Jason some anti noise plants! :D

Needless to say I think if anyone heard our little cheeky banter they would have locked us both us as we ended up talking about cannabis and how much an ounce was which was pretty darn funny as Jason is a community copper!:eek: Hel.xxx.

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Kandy nice try but you were not first I had been and gone, on the road taking pictures when you posted,give mr K my best wishes for his birthday and both enjoy the day I have ordered a nice one for you today so have a nice one everybody.:thumb:

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen,Glad to hear that the greenhouse is coming along nicely:thumb:

Sorry Walnut,I knew you were the first on site as your name was up when I logged on.I meant I was first on the wakey wakey thread as you and Helen have usually been and gone before me.Sorry for any misunderstanding.I will pass on your best wishes to Mr K and Thank you for ordering the sun for us.At least you get it right:thumb:

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,446
    Good morning all. :)

I've not visited here lately but as of tomorow morning Bob the Builder (true name and his wife's name is Wendy) and crew arrive at 8ish to start demolishing the current kitchen patio and bread oven situated on it, along with the patio across the front of the house and then re-lay it with some 40 square meters of tiles. Removing the bread oven will give an additional 4.25 sq m on the kitchen patio. Both our kitchen door and front doors go onto these patios so we may be a captive audience during the daytime. Obviously the doors will have to remain shut, as will the kitchen and bedroom windows, which are normally permanently open here during the day and we are in the mid/high 20s so me'thinks the air conditioning will have to go on earlier than normal this year.

I will take before and after pics of the works, and maybe even during and post when complete.

Hope you've had a good birthday Mr Kandy and that both of you enjoyed your outing and pub lunch.

Also hope you all had a good Bank Holiday weekend (May 1st was the holiday here) and that you have a good day. :thumb:

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning all my friends I do hope that you are all well and looking forward to another glorious Day,Wear that smile and stay safe :)

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Kandy I'm sure the lovely sunshine was a much welcome bonus for your beloved on his birthday.

Lol welcome back and good luck with your new building work I only hope that Bob the builder is slightly quicker than my own Bob but as the saying goes we will get there in the end!:D

Greenhouse is now screwed down and just needs a couple of panels put in and of course the floor, Bob's been very hard on himself saying how he's sorry it takes so long but I have told him I'm more than happy with his progress and it's nice that this last project hasn't left him breathless.

Going to have his heart scan later on this evening so fingers crossed the results will come back ok the guy needs a break health wise for a change.

looks like another lovely day for us all but I'm sure sooner or later we will start to complain that its too hot!:D Enjoy it while it lasts that's what I say! Hel.xxx.

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning to you all this lovely bright sunny day:)

Had really nice day out yesterday although the birds were singing their hearts out we didn't see anything rare.We saw a nice Buzzard circling round and also our first Chiff-Chaff of the year.Also saw a Muntjac over the far side of the woodland bit we were walking in but a vehicle going over the cattle grid along the reserve road made it bolt for cover.Sat in a hide overlooking a small pond and watched and photographed two squirrels antics as they tried to get to the nuts in the feeder.The photos havn't come out brilliant as I was on full zoom and was trying to take some of them through glass.

Got some good pictures of the Rodneys and Azaleas though:thumb:

Had a lovely meal at lunchtime which was quiet filling.It would have been nice to have sat outside but there was only three tables with umbrellas and they were all full so we sat inside which was still nice.The temperature outside got up to 25c at one point although I hadn't got my camera in the front with me so when I did get a photo later it was down to 23c which for us is still quiet warm.:)

Was hoping for a nice relaxing evening when we got home but my friend rung me up at 9pm and kept me talking until nearly 10pm so I missed Grand Designs live:rolleyes:

LoL,Good luck with the building work.I would have to move out as I couldn't stand all that dust and grime:eek:

Helen,glad to hear that the greenhouse is nearly finished and I do hope that Bob's test goes ok for him this evening.:thumb:

By the way,Mr K has just reached his first month of non smoking.He changes to the lower dose patches as from today.I am really proud of his achievment after forty years of beeing a heavy smoker.

Hope you all have a lovely day in everyhting you do:thumb:

15. terrier

terrier Gardener

Ratings:
    +12
    G'morning all. Looks like another warm sunny day in the offing, trouble is I'm just off to work. I hope MrK keeps up with the non smoking, KF, it's fantastic if he can, I'm a reformed puffer so I know how hard it is. Sounds good news about the GH Helen, wont be long now, greenhouse will be full and you'll be wanting a bigger one :)