Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Woo,Helen and Kandy back after another morning ride the wildlife out there is outstanding by the time I stop get the camera ready it's gone,I see a couple of brown hares most mornings what magnificent creatures,the way they accelerate away is phenomenal,glad you both had a nice day yesterday Kandy,Mr Kandy is doing really well keeping off the weed he wont regret it,Helen not long now when theg/house is finished you will be going all tropical on us,have a safe day everyone.:thumb:

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,446
    Good morning all. :)

The jack hammer and pick axing has begun already .... way too early for me, especially since Mad Cal didn't come in until 5.50 and that was getting up and down several times calling him ... so I'm tired before I've begun!

Our friend wants all the hardcore from here at his place, so the builders only have five minutes to go with it. Finally chose what terracota tiles we want (strangely called Algarve), they have a nice marbled effect but there is a week's lead time on them. Bob the Builder said that is okay so have to order them today.

Have a nice day whatever you may be doing.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, going to be very busy this month, having a total re-wire at home new windows, bathroom suite it will be a nightmare in here, new wall paper throughout and maybe new coving replaced in my lounge, i may not get on for a few days while all the workers are here.
    have a great day

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.:thumb: I have just logged in and then the pop up popped up to say thta I had entered the wrong user name or password and would have five attempts blah blah,well if that was the case how come I have been able to come straight on here to type this without having to re log in:confused::(

LoL,hope all is going well with the building work.At least it is better to have it done now instead of the heat of the summer:thumb:

Rosa Good Luck with the building work.At least at the end of it it will seem like you have a brand new flat.Just make sure they don't increase the rent to pay for it all:)

Hope you all have a great dayit looks like it will be a schorcher today like it was yesterday:thumb:

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Kandy and all.

Well done to your beloved Kandy for doing so well I dare bet it was a hard month for Mr.K. as it really is a very hard habit to break but he will be rewarded (hopefully) with a healthier body and you a fresher smell....big thumbs up for Mr.K.:thumb:

Rosa and Lol I hope all goes well for you both with your improvements fingers crossed it will not be too dusty for you both.

Kandy, Walnut & Terrier the greenhouse is now up although Bob's got to sort out the floor with gravel and slabs etc, but Bob couldn't wait to put one of my stagings in although I told him he would have to move it about when he does the floor.
    Bob's fussing over all my little plants now and here I was thinking the greenhouse was for me......looks like I will have to share it:(

Bob's test went well or at least it appeared so a sweet janpanese lady with an American accent took the test and allowed me to go in too, she assured me Bob's heart was a good strong one we had many giggles and she even sang to Bob too while doing the scan. He had his chest, neck, and stomache scanned and I was very relieved to know that he isn't pregnant!:eek:

Hope today is as lovely as yesterday Bob can't wait to get back in the garden and yes he's already been down the gardern to check out his (my) greenhouse!:D Hel.xxx.

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen Kandy and all,great news about Bob Helen don't let him take over once he's done the floor get him on something else:D Kandy it can be a bit of a nuisance this site logging you off after a short time,last night I typed a long reply to a post when I went to post it I had to log in again ended up losing the post couldn't be bothered doing it again,what a pain .have a safe day everyone.

7. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,446
    Good morning all. :)

All this activity is really TOO early for a Lady of Leisure on her doorstep. T'other half went with Bob yesterday and ordered 50 square meters of terracota tiles (the patio out front is being extended a bit) and got the benefit of Bob's builders' discount.. The crew ... the gorgeous Ukrainian hunk Sergio, and cute Carlos (both from last year's work) and now Hugo, Carlos' equally cute younger brother .... worked like slaves yesterday and almost got the bread oven demolished and removing the hardcore to our friends property and are finishing that up now.

For those who don't know this is a bread oven .... about 5 square metres of rock, clay, concrete and tile ....

[​IMG]

We are escaping later this morning to do the grocery shopping and then have lunch sitting outside somewhere in peace and quiet.

Hope you all have a nice day whatever you may do.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, well they are starting work 16th of his month few days before everything or most things are going into storage, council paying for it and they are packing it all up for me my expensive ornaments etc, its going to be messy and very dusty, we are going for new wallpaper and tiles for the bathroom, pleased my brother is a tiler.not looking forward to the upheavel, new wimdows are going in around the same time, theres going to be a few workers here for a while, so im out with rosa somewere.
    keep you all updated of progress.
    have a great day

9. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,446
    Well, guys, it was an exciting day today. :eek:

We did our shopping and went and had better fish and chips (no chips for me) at the English restaurant in the little hill village of Alte for late lunch and got home at 3.30pm to discover the builders had jack hammered through an electic cable to the kitchen .... not only did this put the kitchen out of commission but somehow the rest of the house was gone as well as the ground fault interupters or whatever they are called had failed. The trio were waiting for us to tell us the news as obviously they couldn't work.

They called Bob the Builder who called his Swiss electrician and Bob arrived followed by Jonas who repaired the cut wire but could not resolve the problem. Onto the electricity company and they said they would send someone out sometime .... ha, ha! Half an hour later a phone call came in from the hamlet nearby "where are you exactly?". By 6.15pm they had been up the pole (located in our garden unfortunately) and replaced whatever and we were back up and running. No charge from the electricity company ... except to Bob because HE has to pay Jonas but Jonas amazingly said no charge although he had to leave one job 40 minutes away and come to us ????????? Just like England if I remember correctly ....

I wonder what tomorow will bring. :rolleyes:

PS Whoops ..... that should have said cubic not square meters of bread oven in this morning's whitter.

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and alll.

Thanks Walnut it appears good news indeed although it will be a few weeks before we really find out what's what with the test and all but it's about time Bob had a break healthwise for a change, as for the greenhouse I can't seem to keep him out of it even when the boys were little he didn't dot over them as much as this I'm sure :eek:.....but it's nice to know he's enjoying he's handy work he's already done the brickwork for the slabs I will take a picture when all's done inside although how I'm going to do that without Bob getting in the way is beyond me!:D

Lol I do hope being surrounded by hunky builders isn't too much of a distraction in your garden hope all goes smoothy nice to know your electrical supply wasn't off too long but then again candles on a warm summer's evening isn't too much of a hassle to work with and very romantic as well.;)

Linda hope you are able to pick some nice wallpaper and tiles that you are happy with and I'll keep my finger's crossed for you that the weather stays nice for you and little Rosa while all the work is being done.Hel.xxx.

11. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning Helen and everyone else,Have a good friday and a lovely weekend and all stay safe.

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,nice to see the building work is progressing well LoL even though they messed up with cutting through that electric cable:rolleyes:

Helen,I should put in an order now for an even bigger greenhouse because you definetly will need a bigger one,after you have filled this one.Hope Bobs tests come back OK.:thumb:

Well it look slike we are in for another glorious day so I am going to strip the bed and get the sheets and pillow cases washed and I might do the pillows as well and get the spare ones on there.Did the quilt cover the other week and then will do the quilt when I have some line space.Enjoy your day everyone in and don't forget the sun cream:thumb:

13. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,446
    Good morning Helen, woo and Kandy .... and walnut wherever you may be. :)

The jack hammering is about to finish and the cement mixer about to start as the sand, gravel and tiles (only 2 days delivery) have just arrived.

I forgot to say that on Wednesday as the boys started they disturubed a pair of snakes under the tiles of the bread oven ..... where they had been living on my kitchen patio for heaven knows how long!!!!!!!!! :eek: One slithered off into the orchard and the other slithered toward the garden and Sergio tried several times to pick it up but it wouldn't let him and unfortunately he had to euthanase it which I find very sad.

I need to do my pillows as well Kandy but they will have to wait till the works are finished.

TGIF ... a peaceful weekend and lie ins are on the agenda. :)

Have a good one everyone.

14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    Morning all,
    Back from my hols... Wish it could have been longer, but then I would never get anything done..!!
    Had a great time & the boat etc is all doing well..!

Sounds Like there is some pretty extensive building work going on LoL & rosa..!! Good Luck with it all.. Hate Snakes LoL, they really give me the creeps..!!

How is Mr K. doing Kandy?? Still off the baccy??? Well done him if he is..!!

Well I hope everyone is well & healthy..

Have a great day all, what ever you may be doing..!!

Catch you all later..

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good afternoon everyone. We came back last weekend from a very wet five days in Dorset but had a good time. We spent each day walking round lovely gardens wearing waterproofs and carrying umbrellas. The sun occasionally came out and it even lasted for half an hour, once!:)

Since coming back we have been very busy catching up on things and trying to get the garden ready for Open Day.

Here is some info about it and, if you are within travelling distance, we would love to see you.:):)

[align=center][align=center]GARDEN OPEN FOR CHARITY[/align][/align]

[align=left]We are approx 15 minutes from junctions 7 and 8 on the M11 motorway and about 20 minutes from Chelmsford and Hertford (the County towns of Essex and Hertfordshire).

Our charity this year is Accuro which is based in Great Dunmow and Harlow. It organises volunteer carers who provide shared care for children and adults who have learning and/or physical disabilities, and sensory disabilities. This provides a much needed break for the families of these children and adults.:thumb:

If you like to look at gardens, support a worthy charity or just have a break, we
    shall be happy to see you on Sunday 25th May (Bank Holiday Sunday).

The garden is open from 10 a.m. - noon and 2.00 â?? 4.00 p.m.

Entry £1 per person.

Tea/coffee with cake or biscuits will be available for a donation of £1.

There will also be plants for sale.

Please PM me or email me for directions.

For those of you that have been here before, the garden will look different because we have done a lot of alterations.[/align]