Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Steve you're more than welcome to join us on here we talk about almost everything on this thread mostly what's happening on a day to day basis and sometimes not!:D

Walnut you will be pleased to know that Bob and I are not amongst these that drive at speeds to knock creatures down in fact we are more of the 'critter spotter' and get excited at the wildlife around us although I have to confess kestrels is one of our most frequent and favourite sights to see knocking about...thank goodness it's not often we see one dead in the road.

Another lovely day ahead of us makes a nice change to have hotter weather than yourself Lol but I'm sure you will not complain about that. :)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys although I'm sure you all will and please don't forget the sun cream!:eek:Hel.xxx.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Greetings everyone:) Well we had a really hot one yesterday,thank goodness for air con in the car.Don't know what we ever did before we had it:rolleyes:

Popped over to our favourite nursery yesterday afternoon to pick up a free pair of gardening gloves each that we were sent a voucher for because we have one of their reward cards.Mr Kandy decided to park the car in a space that had one of those large wooden planters at the back of it.He was busy watching the back end of the car,but forgot that the car has wide wheel arches so scraped two lines down the wheel arch right down to the bare plastic,grrrrrrr:( Well its a good job he has to keep this car until it turns into a rust bucket because he obviously doesn't know how to care for expensive things.:rolleyes::eek: Our divorce comes through next week{only joking}

Steve nice to see you on here these bright and sunny days:)

Hope you have a good one and don't forget to drink plenty of fluids:thumb:

3. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Morning all, I'm out into the garden in one coffees time as it looks like another scorcher is on the cards here in Cumbria. Hoping to finish off a couple of little jobs so that I can add to my garden project topic here at the corner. Hope you all have a lovely day..

Steve...:)

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Steve,I see you live in Cumbria,can I be nosey and ask you which part you live in?We were up there last year for two weeks just outside Keswick and had a fantastic time up there,so much so we are up there again this year staying on the same Caravan site as last year and hoping to do more than we managed last year:thumb:

Enjoy your day:)

5. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Oh I forgot to say, EVERYONE should be out enjoying this freak warm weather for May, this happened last year then we had no summer to speak of. Hopefully though this is just the start of a great summer!

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning everyone, and welcome to our chat, Steve.

Helen, my arms drag along the ground but I don't go shopping with Mrs shiney :eek:. Can you give me a diagnosis, please? :D

Woo, I hope you managed to see the fox family.

LoL, you seem to be surviving the building work OK :). Can you send us some of your drizzle? It is really difficult trying to get the flower beds ready for the open day as the ground is rock hard. I've resorted to putting the sprinkler on to the flower beds which I normally never do. I normally only use it for the veggies or a new flower bed.

Kandy, sorry to hear that Mr Kandy has scraped the car :(. I hope he can make it look new again.

Walnut, I get tired just hearing about how much distance you cover :eek:

Imp, I hope you enjoyed your shopping :D

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,I went out to have a look earlier and the damage is on the bumper at the back not actually on the wheel arch.I know he has got some touch up paint for when he tripped up carrying a pallet and ended up denting the car near the tow bar.I am a good mind to stick a large arrow pointing to the damage saying HIS.If I remember I will put up a piccy later,can't do it now as we are just off for our Sunday morning walkies.:thumb:

Enjoy your day whatever you do:)

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all, a most beautiful morning here. Nice to see so many of you this morning. Just off for our walk now..

Hope everybody has a great day, what ever you may be doing..!!:)

9. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,447
    Good mmorning one and all.

I'm so pleased you are all having such wonderful weather at last. At least our rain took the builders dust off the shrubs and freshed them up. We did get to 26 yesterday but it was so breezy it felt quite cold and it took ages for the BBQ to light. It's 16, dull and breezy now ... jeans weather! However, we don't mind, we know the sun is lurking around the corner and will be with us to stay for the summer.

Enjoy and don't burn. :)

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone:) Hope you all had a great weekend and didn't get too burnt.

Have to take Murtle to the car Dr today for 8am because on Thursday I had the ABS and engine symble light up on the dash and stayed on and then I lost my speedometer and odometer so couldn't tell how fast or slow I was travelling.Rang Mr K and told him what had happened.He saidhe would look at it when he got home because his mates at work said that there had been an article on Watchdog where people had the same problem with their Focus cars and that it was a a loose connection.

When he had had his dinner he went out to try and get the dashboard out so he could check the wiring but the cars these days are made in such a way that it is nie impossible to remove the dashboard so he has had to ring the garage and they said to bring it in today.Hope it is nothing terminal:rolleyes:

Marley hope you enjoyed your walk.We had a nice one in the morning and thengot our bikes out and went for a nice bike ride in the afternoon.I have been reading my Back Book that the Physiotherapist gave me and in there it says that cycling is good exercise for the back as long as you keep doing it as well as swimming,walking.dancing,yoga and keep fit as long as it is done gradually and you don't over do it:thumb:

LoL,we can send you some of our sun if it is too cool for you at the moment,though I wouldn't fancy the high temperatures you have in the height of summer.Nice if you stay indoors all day but murder if you have to go out in it.Saturday and yesterday was bad enough for my skin:D

Hope you all have a great day.I'm off to do some ironing now:)

11. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good mornig everyone,

Kandy, I hope the doctor can sort out your car OK.

It looks like we are in for another hot one today :eek:.

Have a great day :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, marley nice to see you back, bet you got some great pics while you were there.
    LoL guess we have a lot of work going on the pair of us, helen lets hope the weather stays nice the days they will be here next week,off to the tile shop with my brother this morning to pick my tiles for the bathroom, i will get discount with him dealing wih this particular firm, going to check that they can get my kitchen tiles in case theres damage, hope they can as they are a spanish tile.
    have a great day all

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney and kandy we posted the same time, kandy hope murtle get fixed we just had the guzzler in for an mot and he failed, brake pipes rusted and a few other things, just got it back yesterday after 2 days in garage, cost a forune, the guzzler is going putting it in and we are getting a smaller car, we have only done 2000 miles in over a year since we got it, mind it runs ok, i fancy a ford focus or a vauxhall.

14. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    G'day all.

Lovely weather up here in Cumbria at the moment..too hot fo most of the day so I am off into the garden now before it gets too hot. Patio is laid I just need to point it now, then there is the wall to build.

Getting ever closer here to planting...

Enjoy your day everyone.

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,447
    Good morning all ... it's a beautiful sunny morning and everything is fresh after the weekend rains.

We overslept this morning and were woken by the arrival of the builders. :eek: I think we have to go with Bob this morning to choose what granite we want for the counter on the kitchen patio so must wake up quickly!

Hope your car is okay, Kandy. Sorry to hear of your car problems rosa and hope your tile choosing is successful.

Having sat here typing and nothing appearing on the screen, t'other half has decided the batteries are going on my keyboard, hence all my problems .... I don't use it much these days so guess it's just been hanging on. Being technically incompetent, I wouldn't know about these things. :rolleyes:

Hope you all had a good weekend with no sunburns and have a good day.