Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    MORNING ALL.. KANDY GOOD LUCK WITH THE CAR....ROSA HOPE YOU FIND THE TILES THAT YOU WANT AND LOL HOPE ITS ALL FINISHED SOON SO YOU CAN SIT OUT IN THE SUN WITHOUT GETTING COVERED IN DUST:thumb:.WELL LOOKS LIKE A DAY IN THE SUN FOR ME JUST GOTTA KILL A FEW ANTS FIRST:cool:

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all little late up today no excuse other than enjoying the garden too much!

Kandy sorry to hear about your car problems I think all these newer type cars are a real pain there's some much electrical problems that can and do go wrong with them like our Scenic which we brought last April and got it back last September and all because of a bad electrical problem we didn't have these problems with my mini's (cars that is) we had so many over the years Bob could fix almost any problem with them but then again we didn't have the comfort factor in the mini's so I don't think I should complain too much.

Rosa you do right sweetie think again getting a smaller car you'll save so much more on insurance, tax etc. not to mention the juice to run the thing!:D

Steve nice to know that your buliding work is coming on well soon you will enjoy a nice little drinky on your patio something you are sure to welcome more so after a hard days planting, good luck and hope the weather holds out for you.

Bob's found a new home with the greenhouse he's always popping in and out of it, if he carries on I'll have to fit a catflap in it along with a bed roll as he spends an awful lot of time in it!

I'ave been busy too I have managed to 'pickle' the new decking supports as well as the boards we brought last week, I'm just going to put them to one side as there are a few little jobs to be done before we can start on the new deck area. I don't want to rush Bob at all as he's not feeling to great at the moment hopefully it will all get sorted out when he returns to hospital soon.
    Have a nice day everyone and if you have to go to work I do hope the weather is still nice when you return home.Hel.xxx

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :) Morning Kandy, rosa & everyone,
    Yes, got a couple of smashing walks in yesterday thanks.. Kandy you are right about all the excercise for your back, but if you build up to that lot you will not have time for any gardening..!!;):D

:) Yes rosa, I have got tons of pics. I haven't downloaded them yet as have been very busy in garden & with family since I got back, but should get them done this week now..:)

:) I hope everybody else had a great weekend too. LoL, did you pick the granite?? I hope your day goes smoothly on the building front too..!;):)

:) Have a great day everyone & don't stay out in the mid day sun..!!;)

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I have just done another post complete with smilies only to be told by this stupid software that I am not logged in.:confused: Well I am not sitting here typing it all out again.Enjoy your day and you might see me tomorrow.:rolleyes:

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb::thumb: Morning everyone... Sorry to hear you lost your post again Kandy..!:mad: Very frustrating I'm sure...!

:) Well my grandchildren came over after school yesterday.. Great to see them, but my eldest grandson took a fall on Sunday & has broken his collarbone..!!!! Poor little chap, well not so little he will be twelve this year.. It is a touch painful at the moment as he has only just done it..!:( The hospital said he was very lucky. He has a clean break & a green stick fracture on the right side..!!! Poor little chap has his sats this week too & can't write, so was very upset, but his school is a good one & they have someone who will come & scribe for him...! We are very pleased as this is his last year at primary so they are important exams..!!:) Just hope all goes well for him..!

:thumb: Well have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy. Marley and all.

Oh Kandy you really are having a hard time of it aren't you sweetheart since the BIG change over although I dare bet you are a lady at all times and have not uttered a single swear word...here's hoping that you have a more easier time sometime soon.

Marley I do feel for your poor grandchild although I don't agree that the lad was 'lucky' as the hospital said very unlucky if you ask me! I do hope he makes a speedy recovery and will be fine to enjoy the summer holidays when they come around heres hoping so.:) Hel.xxx.

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning everyone,
    It's another great day but cooler :thumb:.

Lots to do. Have a great day :D.

8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,Kandy I did the same as you typed a long post found I was logged out faffed around lost it couldn't be bothered typing it again, can we not have a longer time before we are logged out say half an hour, i'm not exactly a speed typist so the extra time would be handy,have a good day everyone:thumb:

9. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,448
    Good Morning Kandy, Marley, Helen, shiney and walnut.

It rained in the night but the crew was on time as usual so I just hid under the covers trying to escape the noise of the angle iron cutting the tiles. The bedroom has 60cm walls on three sides and 15cm on the fourth but it's amazing what you can hear through it ... well, it's probably coming through the old shuttered windows .... they are working on that side and on one other. It's very grey out there but they are working away, bless them.

Yes, Marley, we chose the granite, black mother of pearl with blue bits. It's to be cut in a right angle 2m x 2m to go in one corner of the patio as a ledge for a a stand-on BBQ, the stone grill, buffet counter, potting counter, etc. This is in place of having a built in BBQ done.

Not sure how I'll amuse myself today. I've sorted my clothes out and have a bag for the charity shop. Maybe I'll be a zombie and see what's on daytime TV ... :eek:

Have a good day everyone. :)

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning everyone,

Lst week we had a letter delivered by hand from the electricity company saying that our power would be cut off all day yesterday whilst they put in a new sub-station. So we re-arranged things. Nothing happened :eek:. I suppose they will cut us off today instead :confused:

Have a great day :D

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney and all.

Shiney it's always a pain to have to 'wait' for any kind of work to be done yesterday we got an appointment letter through the door saying an appointment had been made for someone to call on us today and where it told you in between what time to expect them it was left blank! Bob was not well pleased he hates bad time keeping at the best of time. I hope your down time goes well and that the people doing the work don't prolong your 'down time'.

Lol I do hope you managed some more beauty sleep darling although I'm sure you don't need it the beauty part that is!:)

Walnut I can't believe for a minute that you are slow at anything I always get the impression of you being Warrington's answer to Speedy Gonzales the fastest guy in all Cheshire "Arriba! Arriba! Andale! Andale!":D

[​IMG]

If the weather holds I'll be doing some garden maintenance there's still quite a few things that need topping up like the so called black sleepers we brought late last year already they need a lick of paint as they look very nasty pity they don't hold the colour like the 'real' ones, I'm sure while I'm busy Bob will find something to do in 'his' greenhouse because I'm been complaining about not getting a look in it he has started to keep a mental clocking system of how long it is before I go down and take a peek in the greenhouse....don't you think he's getting a little obsessed?:D Hel.xxx.

12. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    Morning all,
    Well hope they don't cut your power off today Shiney..!!;):rolleyes: Off to the hospial this morning then meeting my daughter for lunch & if I am lucky, pick the grand children up..!!:thumb: The granite sounds a really nice peice LoL, I'm sure it will be lovely.. Hope today goes well too.

:) Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing..!!

13. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all, got held up on my way back off my ride some clown pulled out of a side road and I collided with him over the top I went, he got out I picked myself up and I can tell you the air was blue he was of foreign descent and was apologising profusely and saying he had been working long hours,I told him him I wasn't interested in how many ------- hours he had worked and felt the red mist descending I then told him for his own safety to ----off he thanked me and made a hasty retreat,the bike was ok I suffered some cuts and bruises to knees and elbows remounted and burned some adreneline off,live to fight another day,you would think going out early you would be reasonably safe on the roads but not so there are a lot of half awake pillocks out there,have a safer day than me everybody. :(

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,448
    Good Morning folk.

First off, poor you walnut ... so pleased you suffered only minor injuries, take it a bit easy the rest of the day. xx

shiney and Helen, hope you're not too inconvenienced by these people.

No further sleep Helen with the racket, just rest, thank you. x They are just finishing the kitchen patio then will start on the path from the back door to the gate so we'll have to go in and out the front door.. Then we'll use the kitchen door (which we normally do anyway) whilst they do the front patio.

Off to the garden center again today as we saw some stressed effect, terracotta pots on Monday that will match the patio tiles perfectly. Didn't pick them up on Monday as we planned to go back as they were getting more perennial Salvias in yesterday, I got three then, two S farinacea 'Victoria' and one S microphylla. They do really well here as they are evergreen and bloom almost year round. :)

I hope you have a nice lunch with your daughter, Marley, and that all of you have a nice day.

15. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    Hello all..:)
    I'm still confined to barracks but at least the weather is nice to sit in.

Oh Marley:eek:...the poor chap! Please pass on our best wishes for a speedy recovery and tell him to keep his chin up.