Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    Didn't realise you are still confined to barracks Pal
    Hope you are improving but as you say - weather is reasonably good
    - although a bit warmer would be nice. After the last few really hot
    days it's a bit of a let down.:rolleyes:

Walnut - hope you are recovered from your accident. Yes, there are some right
    so-and-so drivers about.

Can't see to type any more at the mo - been at the hospital
    yesterday with a poorly eye and not very pleased that it keeps me
    off my computer!!! :(

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.Sorry to hear about your accident Wanut,but glad to hear that you are ok and not squashed flat in the road.:eek:

Pal and JJordie,sounds quiet nasty what you both have,especially you JJordie with your poorly eye.I had both of mine poorly a few years ago so know just how you feel and I am quiet squemish when it comes to eyes.Hope you both feel better soon.:thumb:

I am going to make this short and sweet to your relief as I don't want to lose it all again like the other day.Hope you all have a great day in eveything you do on this cool breezy day, brrrrr.:)

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :) Morning all,
    My what a bunch of poorlies we all are today...!:eek: I hope you are all feeling a little better today...! Walnut, you poor thing, :mad: drivers pulling out of side roads are the worst I think, had two incidents on my motorbike in the past like that.. Goodness knows how I didn't break anything..!! ;) Still was younger then, think you bounce a bit when you are young.. Take care & hope you are not feeling too stiff today..!!:) My grandson is doing very well all things considered thanks Pal. The Drs say he is young & healthy so it should knit back quickly. At the moment it is looking good & that he WON'T have to much difference in the height of his shoulders. They don't think it will drop, I am so pleased, it will be hard enough to forget the incident anyway.. I Can still here that bike crashing & rolling now..!!:eek: I don.t know, I think these grandchildren cause more worry than my own..!!!:eek::D

;):) Have a great time at the GC LoL, I bet you can find something else you just have to have as well..!!!:)

:)Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!!!:)

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Kandy,Marley and all,had a great ride this morning no incidents recovered well from yesterdays incident luckilly I soon get over things and have good healing flesh, had a great sunrise this morning will post pictures later,have a safe day everyone:thumb:

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Marley, Walnut and all.

Marley I do hope your hospital trip went well not a big fan of hospitals myself as we seem to have a loyalty card system going with Bob but hey at least he's kept an eye on.

Darling Walnut I'm glad to hear you're ok after your tumble with the vehicle goodness knows how bad you could have been you hurt, you are one lucky and tough cookie but we all know that although I would have so loved to hear you telling the guy off well done to you sweetie I bet you gave him hell!:thumb:

Lol great to hear your bulidling work is coming on maybe soon you will enjoy a lie in?

Pal, Jjordie I hope you both get better soon in the meantime take it easy guys.

I will have to add Bob to the list of poorlies yet again as he was working merrily away (as Bob the builder does) placing the slabs down on his newly built step into 'his' greenhouse and bang he goes and hits his little finger with the mallet and somehow manages to shred half his skin off his little finger, insisted he didn't need to go to A&E and just told me to stick a plaster on it..my goodness he's tough but then again he puts up with me so he must have hard skin!:D
    Hel.xxx.

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning everyone.

I wish all of you that are poorly all the best :thumb: :). Do you think I could get a grant from the government to investigate whether being a member of GC damages your health? :eek: :D :D They seem to give grants for lots of ridiculous things nowadays :D

Our power cut-off still hasn't happened so I don't know whether they have managed to put in the new sub-station without affecting our supply.

Have a great day :D

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,448
    Good morning all. :)

It's a nice sunny morning but a bit noisy outside with the angle grinder. Looks like they may finish tomorrow but will have to come back in a week when the granite is ready to build the BBQ area.

I got my pots and three more Salvias yesterday and bought a pot of something I knew I knew the name of but couldn't think for the life of me, Hemerocallis ... the Day Lily of course! so it will be a surprise to see what colour I have.

Off to do the weekly shop later and lunch sitting outside in the peace and quiet ... I'm not doing very good being semi-housebound in the daytime. :(

Pal, I must have missed why you are confined to barracks? I wish all you poorlies a speedy recovery and everyone a good day.

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Morning all sorry to hear about all your misfortunes I do hope that you are all OK Now ,I have been a bit crook myself but Am Bouncing back like the Proverbial Rubber Ball have a good day:):thumb:

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :( Oh dear Woo sorry to hear all has not been well with you.. :) Glad you are feeling better now though... :thumb:
    Hel, the saying, "macho man" springs to mind with Bob's finger...:D Hope it is ok today... I don't like the hospital either Hel.. Seem to be having a problem with blood... It takes 3 weeks for these tests as they are genetic, molecular & DNA so in 4 weeks I should know.....:thumb:

Have a good day everyone...:thumb:

10. geckoman

geckoman Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    just to add to the poorly list im sat here with 2 brocken toes lol stupid van side fell of pickup truck and landed on my foot broke big and second toe
    o well at least the suns out

11. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good heavens you lot, you are in a sorry state:(

I hope you start to regain you health soon. Is it worth me saying 'take care'? lol
    Get well soon all.

cheers

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    I,m okay i must have picked up a Virus from my Computer :D:thumb:

13. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    you a right borrowers we should start a thread called ,,,FROM THE SICK BED..:thumb: hope you all get well soon

14. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all hope everyone is getting over their traumas and illnesses,Marley good luck with the blood tests,Geckoman what an incoveiniance having to hop around in the warm weather,tut tut Woo you should have been running an anti virus,have a safe day everyone.

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,hope you are all on the road to recovery:thumb: I need to get this back of mine right as I am going away in six weeks time.It started going into spasm last night as I was trying to do a post further down the board:eek:

Marley hope the blood tests come back ok and I do hope your Grandson soon recoversThat also sounds nasty but like you say they bouce when they are young.Me,I just seize up and go brittle:)

Helen,hope you have got that greenhouse of yours filled.We got ours up quiet quickly where we used to live and had twenty years of pleasure out of it.We left it behind when we moved because it would have took longer to dismantle it with all the horticultural glass in it so left it for the new people.Once they got in they dismatled it anyway.:rolleyes: We couldn't believe the prices of them now and a lot of them don't look thta well made.I hope yours gives you many years of pleasure:thumb:

Have a good day everyone in all you do and please don't get too wet:)