Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, have a wonderful day, personally i will be watching the dog sleeping :D

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all, dear Helen you poor thing it's usually small movements that can do your back in lets hope it settles down to a more manageable level,Borrowers did you stay up after getting up early? you find you get more done when you join the wide awake club,have a safe sunday everyone.:thumb:

3. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Thank you Kandy, Sandra, 02, Shiney and Walnut for your concern regarding the old back of mine I'll be hobbling about today like Dr.Frankenstein's infamous assistant Igor there's no way I'm going to allow myself to get into another state again!

Kandy I'm sure your seedlings are looking smashing at the moment I'll look forward to seeing pictures of them although I'm pretty sure they will put mine to shame.

Sandra I try to go back to bed for an hour or so if I have had a bad night unfortunately it's rare that I feel any benefit afterwards though so most of the time I wing it out.

02 I know where you are coming from my back has been playing up for quite a while over two years now and once again I do have to drug myself up just to get through the day I even had to take a dose of morphine yesterday something I swore I would never do again. Sadly you are right about having to live with the pain that's what my doctor has told me time and time again not nice at all to hear I can tell you!

Shiney I'm sure you will have a merry old time with the family reunion maybe Mrs.Shiney's brother will be able to help you out on your open day which would be nice for all of you.:)

Well I'm dragging Bob off within the next hour to the carboots again hoping to get some more trays, containers for the garden and maybe some gloves as well as I'm getting through no end and no matter how hard I tried I can never seem to clean off all the dirt from under my finger nails not very attractive at all. Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks.Hel.xxx.

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone:)

Helen,did you really post your messge at 4.35am,? because before I logged in I read the time and that was what the time was at the top of your messge.Something strange is going on here.:rolleyes:

I have put the photos of my veg seedlings in the edible gardening section.

I had to get up early because I have a bit of a dodgy tummy this morning,must have been the cheap egg that I put in the Yorshire pudding mix when I did toad in the hole last night:eek:

I have done a stew in my slow cocker last night because the weather has /had turned colder but now the sun is shining after all that rain we had yesterday.At least my water butt will be filling up again.:thumb:

Shiney hope that everything goes ok with Mrs Shiney's visitors.Sounds like you are going to be busy cooking all the food and keeping the house in order.Make sure they go home with plenty of your plants when they leave:)

Hope everyone has a good day and I do hope that you are all starting to feel better those of you /us that havn't been feeling too good of late.The sun is shining so i think it is going to be a good one today:thumb:

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Morning Walnut Helen Kandy and everyone else have a lovely Sunday and please all stay safe. :)

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning everyone.

It is a beautiful day :thumb:. I cooked a big meal for us last night but all of us shall be going to the Indian Restaurant in the village for lunch today (it is very good). I'm going to have to leave them immediately after lunch as I have to go to an important meeting 30 miles away. Not the best thing to do when you have guests but it can't be helped.

Have a great day :D

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Ho Woo and Shiney,hope you are feeling better Woo,nothing like feeling crock:rolleyes:It is sunny today so get some sun and fresh air and it will do you the world of good.:thumb:

Shiney glad to hear that your relations arrived safely and that you all had a nice meal:thumb: I would skip the Indian if it was me,my tummy wouldn't be able to stand it but I hope you all have a nice time and enjoy yourselves:thumb:

That important meeting wouldn't by any chance be a bridge meeting would it or are you having a rest from it at the moment?;):D

Enjoy your day everyone again:)

8. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Good morning everyone, Hope all you wounded soldiers are feeling a bit better today. The weather is dry and bright, so thats something. Hope you all have a pleasant day!:) 02

9. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good afternoon everyone, well it's been raining then really sunny & quite warm so i opened all the windows & i'm now sat here with goosebumps on my arms - honestly! The sun is trying hard, I've been told i am very trying - that's good isn't it???lol.

Looks like most of us have or are having a busy day today so i wish you all a good one.

cheers

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,769
    Woo, was that you just flying by? :) :) :) Or was it one of your relations?

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Greetings everyone hope you all had a good weekend and got plenty done:thumb:

Drove over to Finshade woods yesterday afternoon where the Red Kites are breeding.Was able to see one of the birds on their web cam.:) Had a nice walk round the woods and saw some squirrels eating all the food on the bird tables at one of the hides and also a Jay trying to feed as well.Didn't think we were going to see any Kites but as we were walking back to the car we stopped to take soem photos of some Hebridean sheep when a Kite flew over.Managed to get a couple of photos which we are pleased with.:D

We also came across two chaps and a Charcoal burner in the woods and managed to get some piccys of it with all its smoke coming out of the four chimneys.We have seen Charcoal burners on the TV but never see one in real life so it was most educational:thumb:

Hope you all have a good day in all that you do:)

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Kandy and all.

Kandy didn't know you were a bit of a twitcher? a delightful, peaceful hobby and brilliant if you're a bit of a rambler too we used to do a fair bit of it ourselves but since Bob took pretty badly we can't do 'walks' anymore and the only twitching we do is along the roads while in the car. Bob is always on the look out for wildlife and acts like a little kid when he sees something of interest so the heart still there but the body is no longer willing.:(

No luck at the carboots yesterday the plants were a very poor show and I didn't see anything that could be made into a funky container never mind there's always next week if Bob's fit enough to go out.:thumb: Have a nice day guys and girls.Hel.xxx.

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning Kandy, Helen and everyone.

It's a beautiful day today. I'll be out there soon to carry on with yesterday's mowing and then start on the millions of weeds that have popped up in the last few days :eek:. This gardening lark is hard work :D

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,448
    Good Morning all. Trust you all had a good weekend. :)

It was lovely here and we had lunch up in the hill village of Alte sitting outside. We actually were outside all day yesterday till almost 10pm enjoying our new patios ... moving around sitting on one then another! They will be finished today. They would have finished Friday but a torrential downpour stopped play and Bob & Co had to take cover in the outdoor living room which got flooded. :eek:

Have been out to have a word with Bob this morning and they are now taking up some of the tiles on the path because I was not happy with how they were laid ... but I'm paying so they go down as I want them! :rolleyes:

Off shortly to the documents agency and then to pick up 100 liters of substrata for the pots for the patios. Then must phone Blighty and the Pensions Office to get that underway, have already sorted my private one out .... life sure can be busy when you're retired .... how did I have time to work???

Enjoy your day everyone.

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning Walnut ,Shiney,Helen,Kandy and Lady.of.L and all my other Friends ,Yes Shiney It was my cousin again just checking to see if you and H were OK I am a little late today been Fox watching most of the night ,everyone have a lovely Day and Please stay safe :)