Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning everyone,
    It is another lovely day out there.

Marley, I think all the weed fairies must be coming into my garden at night and planting all the weeds. Yesterday the council took away 30 sacks of weeds for us :eek:.

I'm spending most of my time mowing, edging and weeding whilst Mrs shiney is tidying up the greenhouse, working out which plants are for sale and which are to be kept and where to display them.

We are also cleaning the driveway and patio, organising helpers to make tea etc, rushing around borrowing garden chairs, making signs etc. But it's all for a good cause :thumb: :D

Have a great day :D

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Marley and all.

02 join Freecycle on the web it's a wonderful way of getting rid of your unwanted items and people are more than willing to come and pick up the things you are giving away....only problem is deciding just who you should give it to as you will be bound to get loads of people after your T.V.'s also you never know what items you yourself can pick up on there. Worth a shot I think as most of the main charity shops are getting a little bit snobby of late.

Whiley sweetie I thought you had finished with all of us on here for good!:eek:
    Really sorry to hear you're in so much pain sweetie it's not nice at all and me thinks if the doctors suffered as much they would make darn sure that they would get the pain relief they so surely need. Here's hoping that your pain get sorted out very soon for you darling.
    Sorry to hear about your little Memphis passing I'm still not over the lost of our Big Lad from nearly two years ago it just breaks your heart.:(

Rosa oh dear sounds a tad messy to say the least although me thinks we will be joining your adventures next month as we are having a little work done knocking out a wall to make my very tiny kitchen so much bigger thankfully Bob will not be doing the work last time he knocked a wall out we had a mad rush to get a beam to stop the ceiling from caving in and if that wasn't bad enough it was in the middle of the night!:eek: Hel.xxx.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all, back from my early morning ride mostly cloudy so not much of a sunrise though it was mild enough,poor Whiley hope you get sorted soon we have missed you on here,hope the weather holds out for your event Shiney we have one in june for charity I supply the plants and run the stall,have a safe day everyone.:thumb:

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning peeps hope you are all fine and well:thumb: My back feels quiet stiff this morning and I have told Mr Kandy that we really must get a new bed.It doesn't help to wake up to a moggy lying along my body as I always sleep on my side.{Willow you get worse:eek:}

I went over to the allotment the other afternoon as they had forecast frost and saw that the pigeons or rabbits had nibbled the tops out of my French and Runner beans grrrr.I put some fleece round them and neetting to protect them from the pests and frost that was forecast. I went back yesterday and they are fine but a couple of my spuds have blackened leaves where the frost has caught them.Luckily they have strong growth so it hasn't knocked them back too much.:rolleyes:

I am going over to where I used to live to spend the day with my friend.We have been friends since 1988 and she is 70 this year so as time is precious it is nice to see each other often.I also have the Runner Beans that I have grown for her.I just hope that one of her family gets the ground ready for them.I have been asking the question long enough.:rolleyes:

Hope you all enjoy the sun and the day when it gets going:thumb::)

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning Walnut and Kandy and all my other Friends Hope you are all OK.Enjoy the day and stay safe :)

6. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning Kandy, Woo & everyone,

Have a great day visiting with your friend Kandy, it is great to visit old friends & get all the news & gossip..:thumb:

:D Well Shiney I did ask the weed fairies if they would give your garden a miss for a few days....!! Think they said they would try to miss you out...!!!!!!:D:D Good luck with it all..:thumb:

Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing...:thumb:

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Kandy, Woo,Marley and all,back from a pleasant ride but no visible sunrise due to cloud,it is however brightening up by the minute so has the promise of a nice day so have a good one everyone.:thumb:

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Kandy, Woo, Marley, Walnut and all.

Kandy sorry to hear your poor back is still playing you up maybe a new bed is the answer mine is a wonderful king size one with a very firm mattress indeed and after a back breaking day it's pure bliss to lay down on.Hope you enjoy the visit to your friend Kandy I'm sure she will enjoy your company as much as you do hers in return and of course your little gift for her.:)

I'm sure you had a wonderful bike ride Walnut I have to admit few bikers are around so early in the morning here but I have noticed little groups throughout the day when the sun's out maybe the ones around here are a little nesh early on in the morning!:D

The lovely Bob and I have been busy in the garden doing a nice little fence in front of 'his' greenhouse and I have to say I'm really pleased with how it's coming on and Bob is too, Bob seems to be really enjoying himself lately in the garden although his dizzy spells are effecting him something rotten of late and he is complaining of the cold an awful lot too but the guy still struggles to slow down quite a hero is our Bob.;)
    Have a nice day people.Hel.xxx.

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Hel, they are known as fair weather cyclists you tend to get a lot clogging up the lanes in summer in their poser gear but not many when its cold or wet,you tell Bob to pace himself Hel we don't want him overdoing it nice to see him keen though.

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning everyone. It is warm but cloudy :)

Helen, Kandy, I sympathise with you and your bad backs. Although I have had a bad back since I was a kid I now rarely have serious trouble with it. It helps to have a resident therapist :D. I bought a new bed last year but, for my back problems, I need a very soft bed and it has been very good for me.

have a great day :D

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi everyone, couldnt get on this morning with the workers turning up, this is a complete nightmare, will be pleased when they all have gone and i get get my home back to normal, electricians have finished, plasterer turning up in the morning and the guys to take the bathroom apart, hopefully everything should be sorted in a weeks time then i can get on decorating, theres dust all over never stopped cleaning and my back has started playing up so i shall join the bad backs club again ha ha.
    i managed to get some pics for the comp .
    hope everyone is keeping well will keep you all updated of progress

12. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :) Morning everyone, sorry to hear all about the bad backs..!!! Hope you are all feeling more comfortable now... Sorry to hear you have had such a back problem for so long Shiney, but sounds like you cope with it very well..;)

;) rosa, hope works go well today & you can enjoy the holiday weekend a bit..!

:rolleyes: Well it has been a week of "the car" this week..!!! It seems just about every car in the family has had to go to the garage this week..!!! Last one today..!!!:rolleyes::D

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning Marley and everyone. It's a bit quiet on here today.

Marley, thanks for your comment about my back. Fortunately, I don't really have much of a problem with it although I have had trouble for over 50 years. When I was a kid the doctor said it was rheumatism, but that's what they said about most things that they didn't know the answer to. When I was 18 I had to go into hospital for a manipulation of the spine but can't now remember whether it helped or not :D.

I've learnt how to be careful and only occasionally does it suddenly go on me. When it does it then takes a few weeks to get better. I can bend to do the gardening but have a lot of trouble straightening up again.

have a great day :D

14. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Well Shiney, in a way that sounds good about your back then...:)

;):D Hey, I am surprised you aren't into garden gismos that help you not to bend down...!!! A relative of mine has Spondulitus (spelling??) & he just loves to buy & make these contraptions that help him in the bending areas..!!!;):D

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Marley, Shiney and all.

Yes Walnut you are right they are the 'Flashy Gear Brigade' that we see on the lanes around our village, I must say it's a shock to find them on the winding bends they are all over the roads it sometimes seems as if they have a death wish!:eek:

Dear Shiney I really don't know how you have coped for so long with a bad back no joy for me too it seems I have to put up with it for life although thank goodness it's only really bad late at night, first thing in the morning, when the temperature drops although sometimes it hits me doing the most smallest thing like reaching for an empty shopping bag.

Rosa the end is in sight girl you'll soon have your little flat back to normal.:thumb:

I had another wonderful day out in the garden with Bob I was busy doing a border in front of the greenhouse double digging etc. Bob wasn't feeeling so great and boy did I have a job trying to get him to slow down I spent most of the time telling him to catch his breath and try to regulate his breathing it's very scary at times I can tell you.:eek:

Going to put some plants in today so I hope it stays nice out.Hel.xxx.