Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon everyone,peace at last the workers have gone till tuesday, then the plastering will begin, new windows put in, and hopefully my tiles for the bathroom will come in, bathroom suite finished, hopefully my brother can get the bathroom tiled next week, then week after my kitchen can get finished and i can start the wall papering.
    its been tough on rosa shes had to spend time on my balcony as they kept leaving all the door open and she would possibly have run off down the stairs and on to the main road, at least she is safe while we have been busy and the weather has been lovely here, sunny and warm.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone I do hope that you are all looking forward to the weekend despite the bad weather they are predicting.;)

Shiney hope that everything goes well tomorrow and that you raise plenty of money for your choice of charity:thumb: I am afraid that it is a bit of a distance for us to travel and at the moment our fuel prices are through the roof.Deisal{spelling} is £1.23 a litre here and it is going up by 2p every time Mr K fills up the car.They are most certainly trying to get us all off the road:eek:

Anyway,hope you all have a great weekend in everything that you do:)

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Kandy and all,it's cleared up here after a cloudy start it had rained in the night evidence of puddles on the roads,fingers crossed it stays ok for the weekend,stay safe everyone.:thumb:

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning everyone,
    It's sunny at the moment and we are doing the last bits and pieces. I'm going to do a last run with the mower on the main lawns, sweep the driveway (horrible job) and look for any fast growing weeds that have come through. Then I'm going to put my feet up for a few hours :D

Have a great weekend :D

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy, Walnut, Shiney and all.

Kandy know what you mean about the price of diesel we don't go out many times now in our big car so if we go out of the village we have got to use my little corsa as it does far better to the gallon. Only problem I have had to de-pink the corsa somewhat as Bob refuses to drive it all decked out in pink wouldn't be a problem if I could drive us around but I'm not comfortable yet driving my right foot's ok but my clutch foot is murder!:eek:

Shiney I'm really praying for you that the forecast is wrong at the weekend and that you do have some really nice weather and as Kandy says you raise loads of money for you charity. Good luck.:) Hel.xxx.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, weather has been fabulous here lovely and warm, just hoping it stays this way till the rest of the work is completed this week, especially for the new windows going in thursday or friday.
    we are kepping the guzzler ha ha for another year and its going getting something a bit smaller better on the fuel, quite fancy a vauxhall corsa or astra, we shall see when the time comes, a lot of people now are down-sizing their cars because of the tax and fuel situation according to vauxhall garages.
    have a great day and holiday weekend. nice and peaceful here this morning.

7. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all, back on the net again!
    Thank you all so much for your welcome backs, it really does help a great deal! Sounds like i'm not the only one in agony, so sorry to hear things aren't settled in your bodies either!

Had an alright few days, very wobbly on my feet so spent as much of it on my bum as i could. Did a bit more painting, i was asked to do a fancied up painting of my friends rattie for a memorial painting so i'm half way through that, and took some lovely photos of my ratty boys yesterday, i will probably post them when i get back on monday or tuesday!

Darren has a paintball game away in Leeds this weekend, and as i havent been out of the house in a while i thought it would be a nice little adventure for me, so dosing up for the travelling, and then got a lovely hotel at the other end. Obviously i wont be playing, but will take lots of photos of the woodlands in the sunshine and of the guys enjoying themselves! They have a nice area to just relax in both indoor and outdoor for those just spectating so that will be nice for me!

Got lots to do before we head off at midday, got to check the ratties are all okay, got a cage to clean, and a swift tidy of the kitchen, as when i get back on Monday providing i can stand up i'm making a nice lamb roast for us and some of the Exeter paintball chaps coming back. They state its tradition now as i've done it twice before!

Well i'm going to head off and trundle along doing those things, hope you have a lovely weekend all!

8. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,448
    Good Morning all. :)

The furniture for the new kitchen patio arrived yesterday ... just before the rains which is due to stay with us till Wednesday. In saying that, it's lovely and sunny at the moment so I should rush outside and sit on/at it. :rolleyes:

Caught this rainbow last evening shining down on the tree nursery behind the orange packing warehouse across the orchards from us ....

[​IMG]

I'm being optimistic and have grill food ready for tonight :D .... I can always resort to indoor cooking.

I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend and enjoy whatever you may do .... hopefully in fine weather.

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Rosa here's hoping the weather stays nice for you although if you have any of the kind we had yesterday you better wrap up because we had near gale force winds and blooming heck they were cold felt like winter!:eek:

Whiley better to have a few good days then all bad sweetheart hope you enjoy your time away.

Lol you can't have better weather than us darling all the time although I have to admit I'm not jealous of your weather far too hot for Bob & I and those electrical storms you have can't be nice either although saying that looking across the valley at one must be an amazing sight to see!

Well I'm dragging poor Bob off to the carboot this morning poor chap doesn't like getting up early but it seems everyone and his son is getting all the lovely gardening gear early on so needs must and all. Have a great holiday weekend guys no matter what the weather's like.:) Hel.xxx.

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Greetings everyone.Welcome to Sunday and a new day:) Well it has just started raining here quiet heavily so it looks like we won't be going very far,not even out into the garden.Glad that we managed to get it all done yesterday morning:)

Rosa,how many miles are you doing in your Gas Guzzler a year to get rid of it?At the moment Mr K is spending £120 a month just to go to and from work and the odd Sunday afternoon trip to the local garden centre so think your self lucky if you don't have to spend much:D

Shiney Good Luck again with your open garden and hope that the wether stays fine for you and Mrs Shiney:thumb:

LoL,love the rainbow,you have captured it well.Hope you enjoyed your grill.Too cold here at the moment for eating out.:rolleyes:

Helen and Bob please take it easy out in the garden and hope you are still enjoying your greenhouse.:thumb:

Have a good day everyone:)

11. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,769
    Good morning everyone,

After a brilliant day yesterday it is raining today :mad:

Thanks for the good wishes Kandy :)

I've put a preview of the garden for GC members to see. For those of you that haven't seen it yet here's the link
    http://www.gardenerscorner.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=196548#post196548

and many thanks to those that have said such nice things about it :o :)

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning Helen,Kandy ,Shiney and all my other friends,have a lovely Sunday and please stay safe,Gypsy and I got a tiny bit wet this morning :D
    But it was anice walk regardless of the Rain.:)
    Puddles
    [​IMG]

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,448
    Good Morning Helen, Kandy, shiney and woo.

The rain seems to have gone around us and we had our BBQ with our friends and ate watching the Eurovision finals :eek::eek::eek: Where DO they find them, I ask? I wanted the Pirates from Latvia to win ....... We had fun singing along.

It's sunny this morning so we may be able to go out in Isabel topless! :D We retrieved her on Wednesday from under the ancient Carob tree where she had been hiding at our friends house from the builders for two weeks.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

14. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Good morning all, dry and bright here but very windy. Had a good day yesterday got all my bedding plants in, and planted up all my tubs and baskets. Phew! So I'm going to have a lazy day today and just admire all my hard work:D

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning everyone sincerely hope that you are all having a great Holiday weekend and you are all Happy,:) enjoy today and please stay safe ,PS.The wind is gale force and the Rain is torrential ,looks like another Soaking for yours truly :D