Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo and everyone.Well what a boring day yesterday was.It chucked it down from 6.30am and only stopped for a respite i the evening which enabled us to go for a quick walk though as we were heading back it started again:( Mr K was happy though because he had the Grand Prix to watch,yawn..and I missed a really good film on the other side called Seabiscuit which I could have watched on the other telly upstairs:mad:

Anway,glad to see you raised plenty of money at your garden open day Shiney though Mr K wouldn't have been happy to have gone all that way just to have got soaked:rolleyes:

Enjoy your Bank Holiday everyone:thumb:

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy and all.

Kandy thanks sweetie we will try and take things nice and steady but when the weather is a bit dodgy we try to do as much as we can in the time the weather allows, I'm sure we aren't the only ones to do this lol.

Woo hope your PC problems are behind you now sweetie.

Lol know what you mean there were some weird Euro songs wasn't there I found myself singing along to the chappies from Denmark in the flat caps just like being at home in Yorkshire I wonder where their whippets were!:D

Gardens coming on nicely now although the wind was so bad yesterday it blew the door off the greenhouse thank goodness no damage was done.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of bank holiday.Hel.xxx.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,770
    Good morning everyone.

It peed down yesterday but a lot of goodhearted hardy people still turned up and made all the work worthwhile :). The weather is similar today but I'm going to take things easy - I think.

Have a great day :D

4. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :mad: I am really racked off...every time I log in my scroll bar goes mental and I'm forever dragging the page down....Dasiees has instructed members how to edit posts and avoid this problem...so please take the trouble to comply folks! Small sig's and resize your pic's......Please!

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Pal,I have that same problem at times on here when I am trying to look at members photos but thought that it was just my laptop playing up.The right hand scroll bar keeps slipping and it takes ages to see the photos because of all the jumping.:rolleyes:

Mr Kandy has had a look at my photo sizes in PB and he thinks mine are ok.Can you let me know if any of mine are causing you any problems so we can put it right:thumb:

Know what you mean about large sig's they do my head in when they fill the whole screen but I see two of the offenders have deleted theirs;)

6. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    PH has made photo resizing easy so I cannot see a problem.

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,770
    Good morning everyone,
    We're back to normal now and can relax about the garden :). Mrs shiney is already working out what to pack for our trip to the Lakes at the weekend :eek:. I'll sort out my packing a few hours bwefore we go :D

Have a great day :D

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :) Morning all, Glad normality reigns again in your house Shiney..:thumb: Half term so busy with my grand children.....:thumb:

:) Have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing..!!:)

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning,Shiney,Marley and everyone,woke up with a bit of a sore throat and a cough this morning so I sound like a frog when I cough:eek:

Shiney,bet you are glad to be going away at the weekend just hope the weather stays fine for you and Mrs Shiney:thumb:We are off in five weeks time to our favourite island so by then the weather will be up to heatwave speed:D

It rained here practically the whole weekend apart from Saturday when it was cold and windy.I have given up trying to stand my acer pot up because the wind keeps knocking it over,though it looks better standing up:rolleyes:

Mr Kandy has to ring the garage this morning because the warning lights are back on on the dashboard so I have no speedo or odometer again.Hopefully they will stay on this time so that the garage can plug it in to get the codes so that they can find the fault.I wouldn't mind but without the speedo I can't tell if I am going too fast so don't want to get points and fines:rolleyes:

Helen hope you managed to get the greenhouse door back on ok.The weather will improve wihin a few weeks for when we go away,we usually have good weather when we are on Wight.

Marley hope the weather picks up this week so that you can enjoy your grandchildren

Well thats me done on here,quick check on the birdies and then must get some brekkie.Enjoy your day everyone in all that you do:thumb:

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Marley, Kandy and all.

Shiney what a shame the weather wasn't on your side for your open days but well done to you and all the people who attended I'm sure all had a wonderful time.

Pal darling I do hope my little pirate digging doesn't get on your nerves as I would hate to loose him.

Marley such a shame that the weather isn't great at the moment for the children off for half term I dare bet once they start back it will be wonderful weather you just can't seem to win with the weather of late.:(

Kandy I'm sorry your having problems once again with your car's dashboard I can well remember having six months of hell with our car's electrical problems last year, all these electrical problems on cars can really get you down and it's just one of the pit falls of a modern car. I would say the older cars were better but then I would be lying as the modern car has made most of us very lazy (and also very happy) to have power steering, electric windows, air con etc. where would we be without them!:D Hel.xxx.

11. coub

coub Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good mornig all .What a terrible weekend and bank holiday that was managed to do nothing in the garden,How was it up north?.

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, hope everyone had a great holiday weekend another one ha ha summer holidays in jut 7 weeks time.
    helen the weather is holiding up here lets hope it stays like this thursday and friday for the new windows.
    kandy, with o/h being away just done 2000 miles this past year in the guzzler, when i went to a garage to just have a look at some cars, was chatting to the salesman and he couldnt believe we had just done them miles in a year, in 3 weeks we will put a few miles on it going to dundee to visit my daughter cant wait to see my grandson that i havnt seen in 7 months now, miss them teribbly.
    well plasterer is here doing my walls and the guy is coming back to finish off my bathroom, have a great day everyone.

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,448
    Good morning all. :)

Sorry to hear so many of you had a wet and wild (windy) weekend ... just as I remember Bank Holiday weekends when I worked and you had some time off. It wasn't a holiday here yesterday but we last Thursday was a public holiday so we went to the beach for lunch. :thumb:

Our forecast of rain Friday-Wednesday only came on Friday and again in the wee hours this morning so I got a lot done in the garden cutting the lower branches off the Judas tree and Mioporo tree, cutting the Rosemary back by half (it was 4 foot tall and as much across) and cut back the Lantana and Euryops (yellow daisy bush). It's dry now and the sun keeps breaking through so hopefully I'll finish today with the Viburnum and perhaps getting the Brugmansia and Cestrum in the ground.

Have a good day whatever you may be doing. ;)

.... spoke too soon .... it's suddenly very wet out there now ....

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning all my Friends we have Thunder and Lightening and Rain,the Foxes are barking and Gypsy's howling (she doesn't like the thunder) everyone have a good day and stay safe :)

15. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,still more bad weather Woo hope it clears for you soon,Hel hope the g/house is ok after all the hard work you both put in it,Kandy hope you r throat gets better don't shout at mr K so much it might help:D have a safe day everybody.:thumb: