Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo,Walnut and all,Woke up at 3.44am to thunder and lightning which has been very intermittent.Heavy rain and strong winds as well:eek: but at least it hasn't stopped our blackbird from singing his heart out:) Doesn't help having a soggy moggy sticking his wet face in my face.:(

Rosa can you rewrite your first couple of lines please as I can't make head nor tale of it,Thanks:thumb: It will be nice to see your Grandson after so long.That is the problem when they live so far away:rolleyes:

Walnut,re shouting I wish:D

Helen had a phone call from the garage yesterday afternoon to say they are having to keep Murtle until today becaus ethey have to fit a new module.I asked Mr Kandy what one of those is and he said it is some sort of engine managment piece of kit.I bet that will cost an arm and a leg:eek:

Hope you all have a great day in all that you do:)

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut, Kandy and all.

We still have the rain but thank goodness not the terrible gale force winds and yes Walnut the greenhouse is holding up although I'm sure if we had brought one of those very thin poly ones it would have all flown away by now!

Oh dear Kandy we had one of those engine managements fitted on our car last year it would have cost us quite a few hundred quid as we didn't take out warranty on the car, although when we originally collected out car the first time because the MOT wasn't done I insisted that the sales man write on the bill of sale that all work the MOT needed would be paid for by the garage and not us. So to cut a long story short when it did go for it's MOT the engine wouldn't tick over right and it had a really bad oil leak and failed because of this so the garage had to pay for the warranty to claim back not only a new engine management 'thingy' but also a new engine and it may surprise you it wasn't a little back street car sales either but a major chain garage.

I was feeling pretty ill yesterday and while I slept most of the day Bob was once again busy in the greenhouse rigging up a bamboo trellis work for our cumcumbers and tomatoes and once again he did a smashing job. I'm really pleased how Bob has got bitten by the gardening bug more so since getting the greenhouse up he just loves spending time in there, he seems to put as much effort into looking after the little plants as he did when our boys were teething!;) Hel.xxx.

3. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that we have a few poorlies on here. I hope you all feel better really soon.

Well although it was grey yesterday I did manage to get lots of washing & ironing done - boring!

No major weather incidents - yet.

Take care all.

cheers

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :) Morning all, just wet wet & wet again here this morning.... Glad everybody's greenhouses are still standing!! They are fun places...:D Fracture clinic with my grandson today. Hopefully mending well. Certainly seems like it, he is playing as normal again..!!:D
    :thumb: I hope all the sore throats & everyones poorlies feel better today...

:) Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing..!

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, popped in quickly before the workers arrive to put my kitchen units back up, then off shopping to get my tiles that were smashed, company is paying for them so thats good.
    its started raining here so thats bad news for tommorow for getting the windows done, kitchen one is ok as its covered with my balcony.
    with a bit of luck i can start the decorating at the weekend in the lounge and 1 wall in the kitchen to decorate with wallpaper. all im doing at the moment is moving things from one room to the next, one corner of the rooms to another corner to suit each workers, im just so tired after each day, my bedroom is a tip as i put everything in there as i dont need a window in that room.
    i have stripped nearly all the walls with the steamer.
    kandy sorry what i meant to say was the kids holidays will be starting in 7 weeks time, they have just had another week off, sunshinep was on the phone telling me and it must of been on my mind while i was typing.
    anyway all have a great day

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning again everyone,Just thought I would show you the sunset that we had had 9pm last night:thumb:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't believe the difference in the weather:)

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Helen,my car is only 17 months old and I have lnly done 4,000 odd miles so I am surprised that I am starting to have problems with it.That was one raeson why I got rid of my old 'S' reg because it was found to have loads of things going wrong with it at the last MOT.:rolleyes:

Rosa,I can understand your post now.You should have said that it was the start of the kids summer break from school:D
    It sounds a nightmare all that work being done.Are you taking photos of all the work as a reminder:thumb:

Marley hope you get on OK at the fracture clinic with your Grandson,not very pleasant places at the best of times.:rolleyes:

My sore throat has now gone and my back is feeling better but that I think is because I can't do any gardening due to the bad weather at the moment plus my exercises and not sitting down for too long is helping.Mobility is a wonderful thing me thinks;):D

8. coub

coub Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning to one and all,ROSA I havnt seen that newcastle crest for a while,where have you been?.

9. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,450
    Good morning all. :)

Beautiful pictures, Kandy.

The sun is out at the moment but rain is still forecast to and through the weekend. Hopefully I can finish in the garden and t'other half can get more of the house painted before it descends on us again.

Have a good day!

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,773
    Good morning everyone,

Very overcast at the moment :eek:

Kandy, I'm pleased you're feeling better :thumb:

Lots to do, people to see, places to go :D

Have a great day :D

11. coub

coub Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Weather is brightening up a little in Essex,so its time to plant up my hanging basket tomato,s in the grow-bag compost.

12. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    G'day all,

Wet in Cumbria today which is a blessing really...we've had no rain for well over a month so the garden needs it. Especially as I'm attempting to dig 30 year compacted clay and shale thats sun baked!! Spade bounces off this soil. Hopefully this wet stuff will make things easier.

Have a good day all!

Steve...:)

13. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rain here too, hope it clears soon, have to take Mrs DM to hospital for an Xray; she's had a bad cough and difficulty breathing since January!! All the local GPs do is prescribe antibiotics plus steroids and try stopping other medications in case of side effects, if she phones the surgery for an appointment they either offer one in 2 weeks time or just get a doctor or the triage nurse to call back and fob her off with more of the same antibiotics.

14. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi DM - hope Mrs Mike gets the all clear from her xray.

Both my mum ( in Somerset) and Mr Cookie's mum (in London) have had tremendously persistent, bad coughs since the winter too. I believe there has been a particularly virulent bug going around which people have been having great difficulty in shaking off.

Get well soon Mrs Mike!

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Kandy doesn't that take the biscuit getting a new car only to find things aren't that much better than your old banger they really don't make cars like they use to.:(

Lovely pictures of the sunset Kandy what a stunning colour!

Mike that is really terrible your poor wife shouldn't have to wait that long just to see a doctor I have heard of people having problems like that before but didn't know it was so widespread guess we are very lucky as we are able to see our doctors the same day...hope your good lady starts feeling better real soon.

Well yesterday I was still feeling a little poorly but Bob allowed me in the greenhouse to do some potting on and my goodness I felt 10 times better afterwards so I'm very thankful that I was allowed to play although Bob didn't allow me to be on my own!:D

Hope all of you have a very nice day.Hel.xxx.