Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone:)

Mike sorry to hear about your wife.I don't know what this country is coming to the way that people are being treated:( If it wasn't for us customers then none of them would have a job.Good luck with the Xray and I do hope that it turns out positive for you both.Please keep us up to date on how she is please:thumb:

Cookie,I sound like a frog most mornings with my chesty cough but I find that in the summer it tends to clear up.Give my best wishes to both your mum and Mr Cookie:)

Helen,you need to pace yourself when you are not feeling 100%.I know thta you are eager to build Rome but there is plenty of time to get it all done not like us oldies:eek:
    I have a courtesy car while mine is still waiting for the part to come in which should be today.They told Mr Kandy it was a Module that had gone KAput but then changed it to Relay when he rang yesterday{after me trying to get through on the phone four times.
    I love my little Myrtle and it sure beats the little 50cc mopeds that I rode in all weathers for 18 years....
    [​IMG]

Have a good day everyone in all that you do:)

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :) Morning all, hoping for a better day today..! Mike I hope your wife managed to get the X-ray done & now you will be able to get to the bottom of it all & find out what is going on..
    :eek: That is certainly dreadful about the appointment time, but I know it is very bad in some areas.. Do have to say I wouldn't have thought that of Poole..!!! I think it must be allot different now from when I lived there as a child for a while...!! Still that was 50 odd yrs ago now...!!!!!:D I do hope all goes well..!!

Kandy it was our week of the car last week. I think all of had a problem of some kind with cars here..!!! :eek: The local garages did well..!!!!:rolleyes::D Hope Myrtle is fixed soon I hate to be without my car..!!!:(

;) Hel you must be careful, but I know there is nothing better than the sense of achievement & enjoyment from a greenhouse...!!! Glad it perked you up..!:)

Well everybody else have a great & safe day whatever you may be doing..!:thumb:

3. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning Hel & Kandy,

I must say we haven't had too much trouble at all with our car but it is no where near new! It's 14 years old, a big old cluncker and we've worked it out that it has cost us about £600 in the last 4 years and that's with the cost of buying it!!! We did get it from a friend though.

It doesn't cost us much in petrol cos we don't go far:(. We put between £6-£10 per week in it. Can hear a slight blow in the exhaust now though so that will be the next thing.

I would like a smaller car but a speedy one(harking back to a few years ago) but with Ray being 6' and big withit, and both of us not being very bendy we will have to go a another biggie next time, lol. As long as it's 15 years old & very cheap of course!

Hope you're all feeling ok this morning. Lovely bright day so far.

cheers

4. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Morning Marley, wasn't leaving you out mate I was typing when you popped up!!

cheers

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, coub been very busy at home with all the work that i am having done, busy taking all the wall paper of each room, now theres a hold up windows are not ready hopefully they will start friday, tiles for my bathroom are going to be another 2 weeks at least they are coming from italy.
    the joiner is coming back this morning to adjust my units in the kitchen as im not happy the way he has done them gaps and the doors are not straight.
    got the kitchen tiles that were smashed lucky to get them as they are dis-continued, didnt fancy going to spain looking for them ha ha, the large fruit one above my cooker they smashed was lucky they had one and couldnt believe the price, 9 years ago i paid £28 for it now it was £81 for 1 large tile, its because they are hand painted from spain. they smashed 1 of the floor tiles and we had to buy a pack of 11 cant get just one, just aswell the company paid for them.
    kandy do hope you get mrytle back soon and shes well and running, havnt taken photos dont really want to be reminded of this lot, will take pics when its all finished.
    have a great day everyone

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy great pics of the sunset last night

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,773
    Good morning everyone,

It is much brighter today so I hope this is a good omen :)

Have a great day :D

8. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,450
    Good morning, one and all. :)

The rain arrived last evening. Although it is dry at the moment it is grey and rain is still forecast through the weekend.

I got the Cestrum planted in the ground yesterday ... t'other half stopped his painting when I started weilding the pickaxe around ... but he wouldn't do the hole for the Bruggie and I gave up in the end so now I have a hole covered with a decking board and a pile of rock and red clay in the sand garden, the Bruggie pot sitting where it shouldn't sit and all will have to stay like this till it dries out! :eek:

Off to do the weekly shopping soon and lunch out, but I think we will be sitting inside today.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,773
    Good morning all,
    It's very quiet on here this morning :) and rather dull outside :(

I've got to get out there and mow as we are having an impromptu opening of the garden again tomorrow - by popular demand :thumb: :D

Ah well! Gardening clothes on :D

10. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :) Morning all, I hope everyone is feeling better today even Myrtle..!;)
    :thumb: Windows today then rosa..?? Good Luck..!
    :thumb: Spending time with "The scrumptious Three" today.. (my grand children) Not sure what we will do as the weather is not at all promising...!!!:eek:

:) So have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing..:thumb:

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Shiney, Marley an all.
    Honestly I'ave been up for ages I just got lost in my wardrobe I'm one of those very silly women who has to try on quite a few different outfits before I decide which one to wear .....even when I'm staying in the house for the day and of course the slap has to go on as well!:o

Thanx Kandy and Marley for your wishes glad to say I'm much more better today and raring to go if Bob allows me to play once again in 'his' greenhouse!

Sandra you're so like Bob you know how that Curry's advert goes 'I don't want to know if it isn't low' well that's the price Bob likes to pay for his cars although every four or five years he splashes out 3 or 4 grand for a newer car but after all the trouble with this one he's going back to his beloved 4 or 5 hundred bangers lucky for us not only is Bob handy in the DIY sense he is marvelous at mending cars too as long as it's not an electrical problem or welding!:D

Kandy fingers crossed it will not take the garage as long as it did the dealership that we used before you can get your Myrtle back.

Shiney having a bit of a spring clean in the garage are you? Good luck you might just need it!:D

Going to pop out to get a bolt and hinge for Bob's new gate and lucky I'm picking up a couple of plants I have had my eye on. Have a nice day everyone.Hel.xxx.

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone:) Well I got Myrtle back on Thursday teatime and returned the courtesy car unmarked so that was ok.Didn't have to pay anything because it is still under warranty,not sure if that is the car or the relay that they had to replace but I was a happy bunny:thumb:

Actually had a dry day yesterday for the second time this week though on Wednesday it was fine all day until around 5ish and then it bucketed it down:rolleyes: I think we might need to find a space for a second water butt as the first one can't cope.I am hoping that today stays nice and dry because I am going down to our new village hairdressers at 8 o'clock this morning to have my hair washed and cut,then it is grocery shopping and then it is either gardening here this afternoon or planting out of vegs over at the allotment:)

Shiney hope all goes well for you today with the plant sales and that the weather stays fine for you all.:thumb:

Hope you all have a lovely day with fine weather whatever you may be doing,and if you are driving slow down a bit and save fuel:D

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Kandy and all.

Busy day for you then Kandy? Hope the weather stays nice for you darling it's suppose to be a good'un for us so your never know some sunshine might just make it your way too!:D

Very busy yesterday manage to do yet another new border, Bob also brought me some lovely plants for it and my goodness Bob's really getting into the swing of things telling where the plants look best!:D Gotta love the guy for getting really into the garden more so since we got the greenhouse up and running!

Popping out in a short while to cruise the carboots and try to get some more lovely plants this time a little bit cheaper that's the price both Bob and I love the best!:D Have a lovely weekend people.Hel.xxx.

14. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    good morning to all my g.c fruitcakes:D hope you are all well i even started to miss you all not been around so much as lady imp keeps sending me out to do overtime..only 27 years left before i retire..see helen is still turfing around the car booters looking for a bargain......looks like a good day in store for most of us think ill try the new garden furniture out and have a lazy day:thumb:

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,773
    Good morning everyone,
    Garden open again today. Thanks for the good wishes, Kandy :thumb:

Helen, I might try and spring clean the garage except for a little problem. I haven't got one :D

Get me a spare bolt whilst you're out there as the one in my neck is getting loose! :)