Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,773
    Good (early) morning everyone :)

Have a really good week and I'll think about you whilst I'm in the Lake District. I don't care what anyone says (or the forecast), the weather is going to be wonderful whilst we're up there. :thumb::D

We are off early in the morning :cool:

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all you lazy bones! Lol I'm sure Walnut is lurking around here somewhere!:D

No surprises in guessing where I'm going to so early this morning eh Ste? gonna try and go get me some more grasses for my back borders. Nice to have you back Ste my goodness me thinks Mrs.Imp is trying to put you into an early grave lol!:eek: :D

Shiney what was I thinking!:o Hope the open day went well and that the weather stays nice enough for you while you are away in the lakes. See you'll later! Hel.xxx.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone:)

Shiney hope all goes well up in the Lakes and that you have a safe journey there and back:thumb: though I think you will have better things to do like visiting the Lakeland shop rather than think of us:D I bet the Ospreys have chicks by now up at Dodd Wood:)

The seasons have all gone mad again and now the old weather thread has gone I can't look back to compare the weather to this time last year but think it was the same or there abouts:rolleyes:

Imp,nice to see you back on here but as I always say overtime never did me any harm apart from wearing me out that is:D

Helen good luck with the booting and hope you get some good plants for the garden.I am just popping outside to pot up a Hosta that I rescued in our village last week.If I had left it where it was it would have had a house built on its head.:rolleyes:

Well I hope you all have a lovley day in all that you do and that the weather stays fine:thumb:

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,773
    Good morning everyone,

Helen, I hope you manage to buy lots of good boots today :D

Kandy, I'll check out the chicks :thumb:. I always enjoy doing that :D :D

Imp, welcome back :). Don't worry, with all the work Mrs Imp is giving you, you will feel worn out it less than 27 years and need to retire earlier. :D :D

Have a great day :D

5. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen and all,out early on a ride Hel,no sunrise pics this morning too much cloud one rare sight crossing the M56 looking towards manchester and there wasn't a vehicle on it that doesn't happen very often,have a safe day everyone what ever you are doing.

6. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all (well afternoon) Not stopped raining here all morning,hope it clears up later, would be nice to get in the garden. Oh well have a nice day everyone. 02

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning everyone.

Sadly didn't get any plants yesterday although I did manage to buy some much needed pots, didn't realise how much potting on you had to do having a greenhouse and all but at least it keeps you busy when it's raining and now I'm allowed to play to my hearts content in the greenhouse so I'ave been making the most of it!:D

Lol Kandy years ago an old house was getting ripped apart and Bob managed to find amongst all the rumble in the garden a little Hosta and just like you he managed to 'rescue' it and since then Hostas have been a very firm favourite with us and we have added quite a few beauties to our collection over the years.

Walnut it must have been very strange indeed seeing that motorway free of any traffic but then again I bet it was a lovely sight to see.

Hopefully today I'll get to the movies (if Bob's up to it) and finally see the new Indiana movie now the kids are all back at school it should be safe to adventure out to the cinema! Have a nice day guys and girls.Hel.xxx.

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Helen and everyone,sorry that you didn't mananged to get any plants from the car booty.We have so many plants that are waiting to be put in the garden we havn't got room for much else but with having rain all the time it does get difficult.More rain is forecast for parts of the country again this week.:rolleyes:

Helen,this is the hosta that I rescued.I have had it in a bucket of water while waiting to be potted on.I have had to repot another plant so that I could pinch it's pot for the hosta.Here is a photo to show you what it looks like.Sorry it is more to the back of the pot,but in the front is all roots where it had grown on the wasteground.There was no root ball as such.Hopefully more leaves will grow so that it fills the pot.If not I shall have to get a bigger pot for it.

Hope you all have a good day and that the sun brightens your day:thumb:

[​IMG]

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :) Morning all, Hope everyone had a nice weekend.. Spent most of yesterday in the garden or in the greenhouses.. Cut the grass today I think.!:)

:thumb: Hel going to the cinema sounds a good idea, it is supposed to be a great movie, you must tell us what you think..!!;)

:thumb: Have a great day everyone whatever you may be doing..

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning everyone I do hope that you are all OK and well,This old Laptop as nearly given up (not at all like me:D)I have to hit some of these Keys for them to work and the space Button is very tempermental ,I have just popped on to cast my vote in the Photo Comp,and then its back on the PC to do some more Downloading,anyway have a lovely day and stay safe.:)

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Mornig Woo and everyone:) Well we have the rain again,it started just as I was starting to mow the lawns and has carried on ever since,I wish we hadn't bought our water butt because since then we have had a lousy sixteen months with the weather,the only upside is that it gets refilled ever time I start emptying it:rolleyes:

I looked out the kitchen window yesterday morning and the slugs and snail were noshing on my Iris plants that are outside the window so I had to rush out to dispose of them:eek:

Woo you need to hit the keys gently and not keep stabbing them that is why they keep wearing out, well that is what Mr K told me I was doing:eek::D

Hope you all have a nice day and I do hope that no one gets flooded out with all this rain:thumb:

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning Woo & Kandy, luckily I had just finished my grass when it started to rain Kandy.. :D Oh... So it's your fault then is it Kandy, that we are having all this rain, because you bought a water butt..!!:D ooohhh..!!!:D

:thumb: Good Luck with the downloads Woo, look forward to seeing you back posting as normal..!!:thumb:

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Marley and all.

Lovely hosta you have there Kandy I've got one of the same just can't get enough of them although I tried not to buy them from garden centres too much these days as you rarely get a good size one at a reasonable price.

The other day a found a lovely toad amongst my plants so I popped him near my Hosta then I did a very silly thing and found a juicy fat slug for him to munch on and put that near him then realised what I did and removed the slug pretty quick after all he may well have been a vegetarian!:D

Marley the movie was dire!:(
    I must catch up on the movies I have seen as I have been very slack of late, the crowds are still packing in to see the new Indiana movie even through the daytime showings it's sold out so we are going to wait until things cool down before we chance the crowds.

Woo sorry to hear you are still having problems with your laptop you must have more patience than me I don't think I would still be at it trying to get the blooming thing working smoothly I think I would have sent it to the great laptop graveyard in the sky by now! Do hope you can sort it out soon.Hel.xxx.

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,451
    Good morning all. :)

Had a grand weekend at our friends and had Sunday lunch by the waterfront. We had been forecast rain throughout the weekend and early this week but it obviously went elsewhere as it's been glorious here.

Didn't do much yesterday but I'm off in a bit to collect 3 square meters of turf while t'other half continues to paint the house. The turf is to go next to the new front patio under the large Bougainvillea for the cats to play on. :thumb:

Enjoy your day and hope the sun shnes on you.

15. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning Woo, Kandy, Marley, Hel and Lol. Miserable and wet again, I hope this dos'nt become a habit. Having to stay in today waiting for a dreaded plumber:rolleyes:, a pipe at the back of my kitchen sink cupboard has srung a leak:(. having to keep putting towels down to soak up the water. If it dos'nt rain it pours as the saying goes. Hope you all have a better day than I'm having:thumb: 02