Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Shiney do hope you had a lovely time away and that the weather was just as good as we all had.:)

Woo I do hope tiny makes a good mum puppies are indeed wonderful but lots of hard work more so if the mum gets milk fever like one of my girls did, I had to hand rear both her litters (each of which had five in them) from the age of ten days old, never lost one and it was very rewarding to watch the little'uns grow. I do hope things go smoothly for Tiny and co.;)

Had a lovely time at the Botanical gardens well worth the £7 enter fee even Bob said so!

Just waiting in for the gas man and then outside we go again to make up for the couple of days off we had.Hel.xxx.

2. plantlife

plantlife Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Have a good day/evening everyone :)

3. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning walnut, just a guess that you are up first:D Hope you have a nice ride this morning. I'd love to go out for a ride at this time, but with being female I find it a bit scary:eek: Dont forget your camera and give us an early morning sunrise,if you can:thumb: I'm just off to bed so have a great day everyone. 02

4. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    morning cookie, you're just getting up and I'm going to bed, only one week left of spring watch!!! I'm gona miss it so much. 02

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning 02 (or should that be goodnight?) Anyway good morning all.

Very hot outside yesterday far too warm to do any 'real' work in the garden so had to get comfortable under the shade of the umbrella to do some potting on.

Everything is coming on leaps and bounds, I must say we seem to be getting a real buzz from seeing our little seedlings develop into some really nice plants but I'm sure we are not alone with that one.

Bob is forever going down the garden path to check on his babies and there is more talk of trying to get an allotment where I honestly think that it was only 'talk' before now it seems like it could really happen!

Anyway looks like we are in for another wonderful day I hope you all slap on the sun block and enjoy your day.Hel.xxx.

6. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Night night O2!

Yup - 'tis Springwatch keeping me away from GC a bit at the mo - been busy putting my oar in on the BBC website in usual Cookie Style!

Hope you are all doing fine on GC - see you soon!

Love Kath

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone:) Nice to see some newbies on here as well as all us oldies:D

Shiney,glad that you had better weather up in the Lakes than we did down here but we are more than making up for it now,and you will find we are all really nice people once you get to know us ;)

Woo,hope Tiny mum and pups are doing well,I think you will be busy for the next three months.Dont let Gypsy see the pups or else she will be getting broody:D

Nite nite 02,hope you have a good sleep and no doubt you will be here later when I am sleep.

Helen hope you enjoyed relaxing in the garden as there is nothing like a nice bit or quality relaxing time:thumb:

Marley glad that your birthday went off ok and that you enjoyed the time with your family.

Sorry if there is anyone that I have missed but I don't want to get timed out.Hope you all have a good day in everything you do.Me I shall be ironing first thing then I have to go at some point to the lottie and water the plants Mr Kandy put in on Saturday before they all shrivel up:thumb:

8. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning everyone, one of my "carer" days today so shall be gardening, but not mine..!:D:D I am going to water some of my pots in a minute before the sun comes round Kandy.. They dry out so quickly these last few days..! Then out with Charley for a walk.. After which is "carer time"..!!:D Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing.. Even sleeping..!;):D

9. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,452
    Bom dia, one and all. It looks like it's going to be another scorcher as it's already 25 and temps have been in the mid 30s the past few days, although the night temps fall to 17-18 so it's very pleasant.

I'm fighting a losing battle of trying to eradicate Oenanthus speciosa 'Rosea', the pink Evening Primrose that blooms in the daytime. It's been blooming for months but has become very invasive .... as I'm pulling it up I see the next generation coming up underneath .... :eek: It's taken over two rockeries ... hopefully the second one will be easier as the soil is more friable ... the current one I'm working on is rock-hard red clay.

Having a coffee and cherries .... only €1,99 a kilo this week in Lidl .... then must get on with things.

Have a great day and enjoy! :)

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all, poor O2 it's a shame you cann't go out on the early mornings you cann't beat it for seeing the wild life and the bonus is there is very little on the road,have a safe day everyone.

11. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all, another beautiful morning again..!:) You are right about the early morning for wildlife Walnut. I was watching a hedgehog yesterday trundling around looking for breakfast..! They are coming in the garden at night as well as you can see where they have been in the mornings..! :)

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut, Marley and all.

Kandy/ Marley have to agree with you both although this weather is without doubt really lovely the plants do dry out really quickly our poor lettuce are always the first to be effected by the heat although I'm glad to say the ones in pots soon pick up after a good water and are getting some really big hearts on them now so much so soon we will be able to enjoy our very first home grown lettuce!:)

Kandy don't know how you are managing to cope with all this time out business I thought it might have been sorted out by now you must have the patience of a saint to put up with it sweetie.

Lol these last few days have been too much for Bob and I (heat wise that is) it effects Bob pretty bad being a redhead and all I just don't know how you cope with it yourself!

Know what you mean Cookie Spring Watch has me hooked don't know how I will manage when it ends later this week but then again we will have those couple of bonus shows to look forward to.

Very exciting time I have had my own 'Spring Watch' experience found out I have a very naughty squirrel that visits our garden I think he's the culprit who trashed one of my primroses the other week, a couple of bats (eeeck!) and a cheeky little Robin to boot all visiting our garden which is really nice.

Started doing DIY 'stuff' in the house as it's just too hot to do anything in the garden at the moment but at least I'm keeping busy and Bob can have a much needed rest.
    Have a nice day guys and gals.:)Hel.xxx.

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,774
    Good morning everyone,

It is sunny but cooler today so hope to get more done in the garden. Everything has grown like mad so it must have been all the rain last week that you have been telling me about :).

It certainly helped the runner beans. The couple of dozen plants that we took a chance with and planted out in April are now in flower and have nearly reached the top of the canes :thumb:. Let's hope that the beans set OK.

The bee orchids have started to flower and we have 22 of them in flower so far this year. They're still spreading :thumb:.

At the moment there is one male and two female pheasants feeding on the lawn and Oscar is watching them with one eye open as he is spread-eagled sunbathing on the patio.

Over the last few weeks Oscar's miaow has gradually got weaker and he has lost it all together now :eek:. All he can manage is a very tiny croaky squeak!! Does anyone have any idea what it can be? Mrs shiney is quite worried about it. Otherwise he seems to be fine. About three weeks ago he had a big fight with another cat, which Mrs shiney broke up, and there was loads of fur all over the lawn. He seemed OK and Mrs shiney couldn't find any patches on him that would show it was his fur. He was a little subdued for a day or so but was quite happy for Mrs shiney to brush and comb him.

Got to go off and get some more bags of compost as there are lots of things that need repotting. I'll join the panic buying at the petrol station as my mower has run out of petrol.

Have a great day :D

14. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Shiney and Hannah,

Cats losing their voices can be due to a number of reasons - some of the feline upper respiratory type viruses can cause this - with a laryngitis resulting.

Sometimes, oral tumours around the larynx can also cause this.

More concerning, it has been reported that this can happen sometimes in cats with FIV - feline aids - this can be transmitted during fights, if he is a bit of a scrapper. I am not suggesting from the fight you mention - it would be far too soon, but if he has been a long term stray and had a history of fights, this could be possible. However FIV would be an extremely unlikely cause.

It would be an unusual symptom to just come on its own - has he been sneezing or had runny eyes or nose or been more lethargic than normal? Has he been losing weight, is his appetite altered? etc...

This is a case I would certainly say that you are not going to know what the problem is unless you get him to your vet who can look into his mouth and view the back of the throat, as well as giving him a full examination, checking whether his glands are enlarged, listening to his chest, taking his temperature etc...

It may be something a short course of antibiotics may knock on the head - or it could be something more serious.

I sincerely hope this is not too worrying for you both, but I'm being as honest as I can be without being able to examine him.

If he is OK in all other respects it is most likely a touch of laryngitis.

Hope this helps folks

Love Kath

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,774
    Hi Kath

Thanks for the info :thumb:

We were away all last week but Oscar's voice was a bit croaky before we went. One of the people that came in to feed him said that he seemed to be in good voice whilst we were away.

Hannah has had a look in his mouth and can't see anything untoward. He also seems to be eating OK. With regards to lethargy, he doesn't seem any different from normal as he always appeared to sleep at least 95% of the time :D

There has been no evidence of sneezing or runny eyes or nose. I seem to remember a couple of weeks ago that he made the action few times, similar to trying to bring up a hair ball, but didn't look at all uncomfortable.

We shall keep a close eye on him for a few days and look for anything unusual.

Lots of love from us and Oscar :) :)