Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning everyone its a lovely day hope you are all well and OK ,have a good Thursday and stay safe.:) PS Shiney hope Oscar is ok.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Greetings Woo and everyone,hope you are all well:)

Shiney sorry to hear about Oscar,sounds likeCookie has given you sound advice.We used to say to Tina that we wished at times she would get a sore throat whenever she started barking:D If it doesn't clear up then a visit to the vets might be the next course of action.Good Luck and hope he is soon better again:thumb:

Drove down to Tesco's yesterday to do some shopping and to fill up my little car before tomorrow.Our petrol prices are now £1.28.9 a litre:eek:.I am glad we bougfht ourselves a bread maker the other week because the bread we used to buy is now £1.19 a loaf and still rising.{Can't stand that carboard stuff} Still it is nice to have the smell of freshly baked bread wafting through the house and it is only costing us 40p a loaf to make and the loaves are not full of additives and preservatives:eek:

Enjoy your day everyone in all that you do:)

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone and it is nice to see some newbies joining in aswell as us oldies ha ha.
    marley would just like to say happy belated birthday sorry to miss sending you greetings with all this upheavel havnt been here a couple of days, its driving me nuts all this mess.
    well i can report recieved letter from window company they are starting friday its not just the windows they are taking out the lintles above and replacing them also more mess i guess, hoping my kitchen window and door section will be done monday as my brother is coming tuesday to tile my kitchen, not much time as my hubby is back next thursday so got loads of tidying up to do and hoping to wallpaper my lounge over the weekend.
    shiney pleased to hear you had a great time in the lake district.
    have a great day everyone

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning Woo Kandy & everyone.. Not a bad morning here after all so off out shortly..

:) I hope Oscar is OK Shiney..:thumb:

:thumb:Yes Kandy the smell of bread baking, wafting through the house is a lovely warm feeling.. ;) Plus it smells & tastes good too.. I have always baked my own bread, so when bread makers came in I was very pleased.. takes all the hard work out & you can either let the machine bake it or get talented & just use it to do the hard bit.. Mixing the dough..!! Enjoy, but watch Mr Kandy doesn't get a taste for it.. Very more-ish..!!!:p:D

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, what ever you may be doing..!

5. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning rose we must have posted at the same time.. :thumb:Glad to hear you are well & work is starting again, your windows will now be done..! I hope as you say you are a little straight by the time your husband gets home.. Don't work too hard..;):)

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,778
    Good morning everyone,
    Thanks for your good wishes for Oscar :). Apart from the lack of voice he seems just the same as usual. When I went out earlier he demanded his usual head scratching and tummy rubbing :D. He is now waiting for Mrs shiney to give him his breakfast which he is usually given between 8.30 and 9.00. Although she has been feeding him for months he still doesn't appear to have caught on that it is always served in a bowl on our front doorstep. He comes rushing like mad when he hears her whistle but we think his hearing isn't all that good now that he is a senior citizen as it sometimes takes a while for him to hear her. I don't think his sense of smell is all that good either as he has to be nudged towards the bowl. He still manages to have mad moments charging around the garden and showing off by running up trees when we are working near the trees. We just have to make sure he doesn't jump on to our shoulders from the trees :D . Apart from all that he still acts and looks like a teenager.

Kandy and Marley, send some of that fresh bread our way :)

Rosa, good luck with the builders:thumb:

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,454
    Good afternoon, all. :)

We had a surprise today when we went to do our weekly shop and the grocery shop was devoid .... of goods .... bread (except from the in-store bakery which I buy anyway), fresh meat, fruit and veg, dairy products. We thought they were just having a shift around as stores often do. Pulled into the petrol station down the road .... all pumps closed. Go to Lidl ... same thing and then the bell rang in me and I said to t'other half that I thought there must be a truckers strike. Bingo! The other petrol station in the town was also closed.

We went on to have our English fish lunch up in the hills and stopped and topped up the tank on Izabel. Asked them at the restaurant and they said yes the strike started on Tuesday .... Anyway, apparently all goes back to normal today/tomorrow ... until the next strike. :eek:

I did say I live in the middle of nowhere and get lost in 'time' here ..... :rolleyes:

Hope everyone is having a good day ... went to 34 here but sat outside in the shade and ate lunch. Have a good evening. :)

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Good morning all my friends Hope that you are all well and ready for this New day(its a Friday):thumb:Everyone have a great day and all stay safe.:)

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning evryone,hope you are all well and have a good nights sleep:)

Marley,this was the first loaf we made in our BM,as you say much quicker than trying to do it all by hand.We debated whether to get one for two years and then we did decide to couldn't get one for three months because as fast as the shops had them in they were flying off the shelves now that the price of bread has gone up so much:rolleyes:

I have put up a photo of the first loaf we ever made and it has been nice to experiment with different recipes:)

LoL,they have had the shelves cleared of food in Spain for quiet a few days and even when the four day strike is over there will be a shortage of food in the supermarkets because nothing will have got delivered:eek:
    [​IMG]

10. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all,
    Yummy looking loaf Kandy..!:thumb: they are definitely a good buy, I think we ate a bit more bread for a while when we first had it, but now it doesn't have that same effect... Thank goodness..!!!!:D

:) Another busy day today, but hey.. The sun is shining..!!!!:)

:thumb: Have a great day everyone, whatever you may be doing..!

11. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning marley, kandy and any latecomers:D

Kandy, my hubby said the price of Allisons flour had gone up for the third time in as many weeks. I said to him about loaves in the shops & it seems i was right.
    As Marley said the only trouble is a home made loaf doesn't last long in this house & there's only the 2 of us!

Have a good Friday everyone.

cheers

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Marely,we eat quiet a bit of bread in our house.Mr Kandy takes a packed lunch everyday to workand then I often have toast for braekfast if I don't fancy cereals and we always have bread with soup when we have that and then there is always beans on toast and occasionally cheese on toast so we use quiet a bit of it.:thumb:

Sandra,we heard that the price of the flour is going up as well because of the wheat shortages throughout the world due to floods and drout.Every time we go grocery shopping everything has gone up yet again.Tesco's and the like though are making such a good profit that the store we visit to do our shopping is in the process of being expanded so the money must be coming from somewhere to pay for it all:rolleyes:

Enjoy your day:)

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,778
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, your loaf makes me feel hungry :)

It's a lovely day so I'm going to try and get more mowing done. I had to join the queue of panic buyers as I had run out of petrol for the mower :D

Have a great day :D

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,454
    Good morning, one and all. :)

Yes,,Kandy, it seems France, Spain and Portugal are all involved in this strike. I picked up a paper yesterday and it seems the nucleus of the Portugal one was a blockade on the IC1 (main North to South road) at São Bartolomeu de Messines (my true address) just 7kms from me where trucks were impeded from entering the Algarve.

The little shops and petrol stations are not so affected .... yet .... as the panic buyers go to the supermarkets and big petrol stations. Whereas Lidl had no water whatsoever (an item which takes up vast areas of stores in hot countries) nor fresh veg I was able to buy the same in a small shop in SB de Messines which is where we also got petrol. If it continues I don't mind not having meat but I will miss the salads .... I'll have to go on an orange juice diet! :rolleyes:

Yummy looking bread ... shall have to get ours out today to make some caraway bread.

It's Friday so wishing you all a good weekend and hope the weather is kind to you wherever you are. :)

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi everyone, thanks for your good wishes with the work, im pleased to report all my windows are finished, they are fabulous well pleased, starting the decorating in the morning, lounge ceiling to be painted then on with the wallpapering, then kitchen started monday, my brother is arriving to skim ceiling, tiles to be put back grouted and floor tiles grouted, then last job curtains back up and still waiting for bathroom tiles, week after going for a new front door and thats it for the time being, bedroom and spare room papering can wait for a while.
    been clearing mess today heading now down the road of normality he he.
    take care everyone speak soon xx