Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all been a little under the weather these past couple of days after having a little shock about Bob's health at the hospital the other day but bouncing back again although as you can see the sleep pattern has at least for this morning been effected..never mind move on fast forward and lets make the most of things after all far worst things could happen right?:thumb:

Anyway glad things are nearly sorted for you Rosa give it a couple more weeks when everything is done and all the upheaval will be a far distant memory for you and you with have what is nearly a spanking new flat which would be wonderful for you!;)

Looks like we might be in for a nice weekend weather wise but at least all the rain has done the trick in the garden.Take care guys.Hel.xxx.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone:) Rosa, glad to hear you are on the final stretch now,bet you can't wait for it all to be finished and it will be a nice surprise when your hubby gets back home next week.Hope the last part goes ok for you:thumb:

Helen sorry to hear about poor Bob.Hope it wasn't anything too serious:rolleyes: He needs to keep resting and taking things slowly there is plenty more life in him yet to get everything done.Give hime my best wishes please:thumb:

Popped into town yesterday morning to do an errand and then went into WH Smith to see if my gardening magazine was there.I heard an allmighty thump and thought one of the display units had toppled over.It was in fact an elderly gentleman that had either tripped up on the carpet or had collapsed with a heart attack or something.Anyway,the staff jumped into action and while one rushed off to call for an ambulance the others were talking to him and sorting him out.I do hope thta iw was nothing too serious:(

Shiney,this loaf of bread was made with one of those packet mixes to try the breadmaker out but now we buy the flour yeast etc and do it all from scratch,though Mr Kandy was moaning he couldn't get the slices from the large loaves in his lunch pack so we have to have the smaller loaves now.Don't know why he couldn't just buy a larger lunch pack is beyond me:rolleyes::D

Have a nice day everyone in all that you do:)

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning my dear friends, helen sorry to hear your not feeling to good, do hope bobs ok, any upset does affect your sleep pattern, thinking of you both.
    kandy and helen yes getting there, these new windows are fab i can hardly hear the traffic on the front street what a difference, well 8 i will get busy cleaning the dust in the lounge, paint the ceiling then im on with the wallpapering hopefully today start and it should be finished tommorow so im going to have a busy weekend.
    have a great weekend all im feeling much happier now that all the big jobs are finished.

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,778
    Good morning everyone,
    Helen, I hope both of you are feeling better :thumb: :)

Kandy, you can always buy Mr Kandy a bigger lunch box for his birthday or for Christmas :D :D

Rosa, don't work too hard. It is the weekend :)

Have a great day :D

5. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning hel,kandy,rosa & shiney.

Helen, you have my pm.

kandy, definately a bigger lunch box called for:)

rosa, nearly there!

I hope you all have good weekends including the 'stay in beds':), lol.

cheers

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney & borrowers yes getting there, just been dusting then going to start the painting the lounge ceiling, took a few pics of before and after, when my decorating is finished will put them up to show you all the transformation, well i certainly wont be having a relaxing weekend to much to do, maybe next weekend i can relax a little more when i get everything back in and finished, only thing is left to do after this is the bathroom tiles and papering lets hope the tiles arrive here soon.
    have a great weekend all

7. JarBax

JarBax Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Morning all! Hooray for the weekend! First load of washing blowing in the breeze, second load in the machine - sigh - need to get more organised through the week so can spend weekends doing what I WANT to do!

rosa, we had a lot of work done on our kitchen last year, so really appreciate what you're going through! I remember all the dust - even though the door was double sealed with duck tape and plastic sheets, it still got EVERYWHERE!!! After a while, I decided to leave it untill all the work was done, as it was so disheartening to come home to find everything covered in yet another layer. It's so worth it when it's all done! Keep looking to that glimmer of light! :)

Hel, sorry to hear things haven't been so great. You're absolutely right to focus on the important things, sometimes everything else pales into insignificance. Thinking of you both.

Watering a friend's garden over the next few days as they're away on holiday. Going to go and buy more birdfood, as I can't get into their shed, and there was a baby great tit begging it's mum for the scraps that were left!

Happy Saturday everyone! :)

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Morning all hope everyone is feeling fine and slept well Enjoy your Sunday and stay safe.:)

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo and everyone, had a good nights sleep, will be busy today finishing wallpaper in lounge, things are looking a bit more normal in here thank goodness.
    have a geat sunday all

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,742
    Morning Rosa Must have just missed you Glad things are slowly returning to Normal and that you slept well.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, thanks, im pleased also a nightmare 4 weeks mind things went according to plan apart from the window fitters taking longer, still i guess to get these jobs done there is a fair mount of disruption, still got loads of tidying up to do so will be busy today, monday and tuesday.
    have a great day

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Woo, Rosa and all.

Thanks guys for you kind thoughts and pms regarding Bob and I you really are the best. Managed to get our own allotment yesterday and after such a bad week I'm pleased to tell you all that it really has lifted our spirits although it will take an awful lot of hard work but either of us are afraid of that.

Rosa glad to know that there is now a light at the end of the tunnel for you soon enough the messy nightmare will be a thing of the past.;)

Jarbax lol about the washing it kept raining off and on yesterday but I wasn't going to play the Hokey Cokey needless to say the washing was dry at the end of the day and thank goodness for that!

Going to nip out to the carboots to see if we can find something for the garden and just maybe something for the allotment too. Have a really nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Woo,Rosa and everyone:) 'Happy Fathers Day' to all those of you who celebrate it:thumb:

Rosa,I bet you are glad that you are nearing the end of all the work and at least your flat will be all cosy now.It is a good job that you can do the decorating yourself.There are a lot of people who can't do wallpapering or painting for that matter so would have to pay someone to come and do it all for them.:D

Helen,hope Bob is feeling better and make sure he takes it esay today as it is his special day.:thumb:

Well the sun is shining and the allotment is calling so have to take over some more of the plants we have still to put in,like celeriac and my cabbage plants which have refused to grow properly since pricking them out.We are going back to buying expensiver compost next year as this cheap stuff is crap and nothing grows in it.No wonder they sell it three or four bags for a tenner:rolleyes:

Anyway,hope you all have a lovely day in everything that you do.:)

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Helen you must have posted while I was typing my email.Know what you mean about things getting on top of you when health problems strike.:thumb:

Good luck at the car booty and hope you get some bargains and hope you have a good day:thumb:

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,778
    Good morning everyone,

It is a lovely day today and it is also the weekend of our village fete. There are lots of fun fair rides and sideshows as well as all the stalls from local organisations. Mrs shiney had a look at the flower displays in the church and she said that they were fantastic. This morning I shall drop her off at the village green with lots of boxes of plants. She is one of the people manning the gardening club's stall this morning.

I shall be going to my sister's house to cut back a load of trees as the B.I.L. has done his back in and is stubborn enough to try and do it himself if I didn't.

Have a great day :D