Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all, Nice to see you again rosa, have a smashing time with you OH today..!;) Thanks for the well wishes too, shan't know the results for a few weeks now.. Oooh hate the waiting..!!
    :(Mike, so sorry to hear they admitted your wife to hospital, but lets hope they will now get her well quickly. I think they do biopsy's these days if you have been ill with the same thing & not responding to treatment so far, very much a matter of course Mike. as medicine has progressed so much these days.. :thumb: Hope she is better & home again soon.

:thumb: Hope Mrs Imp's wrist is healed soon too Inter.. Hope everyone else is well & your tests went well shiney.... :rolleyes: Oh my what a lot we are at the moment..!!:)

:thumb: Have a good day everyone whatever you may be doing..

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Oh Mike I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved wife. It's always a huge worry when prolong illness goes on and on especially if it seems the doctors are so slow at finding the cause, I for one always imagine the worst but I do hope all goes well for your good lady and she's on the mend in no time at all.Keep strong Mike.;)

Lol I'm sure you don't miss our English weather after all you can grow some amazing plants where we mere mortals haven't a chance at all at growing here in our gardens, but I do know where you are coming from with all that heat goodness knows how you must manage.

Kandy lucky you had the brave Mr.K. on hand to do away with Willow's latest prize I think I would have screamed like a banshee!:D

Good luck with the shopping Rosa hope you are able to find something that catches your fancy and I do hope your beloved is good for carrying the bags!

Hoping to get down to the allotment today I'm going start digging a bed although I will have to remove any weed roots but thank goodness for my knee pads £4.99 well spent me thinks! Have a nice day guys.Hel.xxx.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,783
    Good morning everyone,

Mike, I hope everything goes well with your wife :)

Rosa, 50 boxes to unpack :eek:. Where did you keep them all?:)

Kandy, I thought you were going to be at Ascot for Ladies Day!!! :D

Marley, we have our fingers crossed for you :)

Helen, don't overdo it at the allotment :)

I had my scan on my legs yesterday. The consultant did the scan himself and explained everything that I could see on the screen. The problem with the discolouration and thinness of the skin is because of bad circulation. This, of course, gives a danger of ulceration. The scan showed that the problem wasn't caused just by varicose veins but mainly through damage from the DVT I had 15 years ago. He said that operating is unlikely to solve the problem so I shall have to wear a (very) tight stocking from now on. I'll have to make sure it matches my suspender belt :D

Have a great day :D

4. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hello folks. So sorry for being incommunicado for a while. Just wanted you all to know I'm thinking about you - especially all of you with medical worries for yourself or your family. I know how worrying they can be and how it can grind you down. Talking about it helps. This is a nice forum to do just that!

Take care of you and yours, and don't forget there are people out here who are thinking of you and care.

Kath x

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,460
    Good morning, all. :)

It's a grocery shopping and lunching out in the shade day today. I still have some pink Evening Primrose to uproot and Salvia to cut back but that will have to wait till tomorrow .... Thursdays and Sundays are 'rest' days for us .... no work! I've been out to look at the plants I doused with Armillatox yesterday and they are still alive! :thumb:

It's going to be another scorcher so off to have a soak in a cool tub.

Hope the weather is good to you as well as your gardens after the rains and all the best to those of you who are actually 'under the weather'. :rolleyes:

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,783
    Good to see you back, Cookie :thumb: :D

7. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    I completely forgot about this topic (holds out hand for smacking!) Good morning all!!

After 36 hours of solid rain, I'm waiting for the garden to dry out a little before venturing forth.

Have a good day all.

Steve...:)

8. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
  9. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi All.

Just found this forum...was invited to pop over and say good morning, alas its late afternoon now...I can be a bit slow at times.;)

Now that I have found it, will have a bit of a read to catch up.

Just waiting for my screwdriver to charge up for this dam wardrobe I have been resizing for her indoors. (well that's my excuse for not working at the moment, heh,heh.)

Erm, just seen how many pages there are...think I shall refine my reading to the last two or three.[​IMG]

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Tweaky and Welcome to the Wakey Wakey thread and glad that you dropped by:thumb: Yes 500 pages are a bit of a lot to handle either early in the morning for the early shift,the bit later shift and then the very late shift {Shiney,cough cough}:D

Good luck with the recharging,Mr K has the same problem from time to time with his screwdriver:rolleyes:

We are all a friendly bunch on here so any time you want to drop in and say Hi you will be most welcome:)

PS Too nice a day to be stuck indoors fiddling about with screwdrivers and wardrobes:D

11. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My wife had the bad news this afternoon, it is cancer, not curable but hopefully controllable with Chemo etc. No further information until they see how well the chemo does its job.

12. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    ohhh mike dont know what to say apart from keep your chin up the best you can and we are all thinking about you ....

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,460
    Oh, Mike, my thoughts and love are with you .... I had it (not lungs) 22 years ago but caught in time and operated on .... strangely I was in hospital the same week as my Dad operated on for cancer ... I was in England, he America.

Sis (Kedi-Gato) had most of a lung removed a few years ago ... her hubby was affected last year with vocal chord cancer ...... our Dad died with it two years ago (but must say age 92) and our Mother died aged 35 with it .... so it's very close to our hearts .... and you and Mrs Mike are now .... bless you both. xx

14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Really sorry to hear that Mike, but always try to look on the bright side, I know, easier said than done.

If the chemo works then great yea. There is always hope. She might feel a bit rough during treatment but I am sure attitude makes a big difference.

Best wishes to both of you.

15. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Mike

My thoughts are with you and your lady tonight. I'm with Tweaky on this - attitude to these things makes a hell of a difference, so both of you be strong and positive, face the chemo with hope and make each day count.

You will need to be strong for your lady, but if you ever need a shoulder, you have friends here.

Love Kath