Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,783
    Mike, Mrs shiney and myself are thinking of you both and praying for you. Keeping positive thoughts will help you both through it.

Love from both of us. :)

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Mike mine and Mr Kandy's thoughts and prayers are the same as everyone else's,please try to remain positve and Good Luck to you both as you embark on the next few months of treatment. I think most of us on here have lost loved ones through this terrible disease:(

Morning everyone,the sun is shining at the moment and it looks like it is going to be a pleasant morning though for us rain is forecast by lunch time,much needed now I must say as my water butt is nearly empty and i have cracks starting to appear on my lawn:eek:

Day of taking it a bit more easier after working on the house and the lottie this week,though I have just stripped the bed,the guneias need seeing to,cats fed etc:D

Hope you all manage to have a good day though for some of our friends on here,life will never be the same.....

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    Good Morning.. Oh Mike what can I say... I am so so sorry to hear that news... I was worried when you said how long her cough had been with her.. That is just how my MiLs lung cancer was found.. She had never smoked in her life, but there we are...
    My thoughts & prayers are with you both.. I do know where you are at the moment...... It seems a long & uncertain road you are facing at the moment....
    The Chemo is unpleasant, but do try to keep positive & focused..... Your wife will need allot of help & encouragement at times. My MiL responded well to it & went on to share a few more lovely years with us all.... So unpleasant it may be, but it was worth it in the end...!! Do please keep chatting to us on here & keep us up to date with her progress.... :thumb: you know what they say... A problem aired, is a problem shared.... Thinking of you both..

:) Well good morning to everyone else too.. I hope all the rest of us poorlies are having a good day..!! So have you tackled the 50 boxes then rosa..?:D Shiney, I have to wear those luvverlee stockings when I fly or travelling long distances.. So far no other times..... Ever thought of a nice pretty garter to hold 'em up shiney...??:D:D

I hope that everyone else is well today & has a good day....:thumb:

4. Ivory

Ivory Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Oh, Mike... I have a very dear friend in the same situation, it's such a shocking thing.
    I wish you both the best. Don't forget to take care of YOURself too.

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,783
    tweaky, you don't want to take much notice of Kandy :D. She is the one that gets up late. I am usually on here earlier than her - about 1 or 2 a.m. :D

Marley, will that mean that I can't wear my suspender belt? :eek: :D

Have a great day, everyone :)

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Sorry about your bad news Mike our best wishes to you and your good lady through this difficult time.
    Cookie don't leave it so long next time or we will come looking for you.
    Welcome aboard Tweaky hope you get those wardrobes sorted cann't have the management compaining.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning guys really nice to have a few others joining us isn't it?:thumb:

Mike I'm so very sorry that it's cancer and incurable too. I pray that you both will find the strength to 'pick yourselves up' so to speak as I'm sure it was a terrible shock to you both and that you may be in limbo, still numb from the shock of the news. Hopefully you will be able to dismiss the idea of it being a death warrant and maybe boost yourselves up just living for today and doing things you maybe always wanted to do but never had the chance to do before.

Cancer is a bit of a swear word in our house more so at the moment as Bob's getting ready for going on dialysis as his kidney's are now running at 17% the kidney function has dropped a whooping 8% in only 6 weeks at 15% it's onto stage 5 kidney failure (end stage) but because he has had cancer he will not be allowed to have a transplant. Needless to say that when we found out last week we were gutted and Bob really was low in fact all of us were but now the initial shock is over we are making sure our lifes are full and moving forward to whatever is throw at us.

Hope all your other guys and girls are well and making the most of the weather which for us at least doesn't seem to know if it wants to rain down cats and dogs or be incredibly sunny!

Tweaky it doesn't matter what time of the day you get on here there's always some catching up to do....Enjoy yourself!;)

Going to have another few hours down on the allotment Bob's really going to have to watch me otherwise I might trade him in for an older model!:D
    Take care guys and have a nice day.Hel.xxx.

8. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Gud Moaning all.

The good news is I finished the dam wadrobe yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...settle down Tweaky, heh,heh.

Right, I am only up at this unearthly hour for the trip to the Doctors mentioned in my last posting..not sure what the weather is going to do, so I shall have to wait until later as to a decision to get in the garden.

All this talk about sussy belts and holdup's has thrown me a bit, so early in the day...its not good at my age, talk of all this women's underwear and bra's and matching panties and whips and...[​IMG]

See what you've done...now where's the blood pressure monitor;)

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    :D:D:D:D Love it tweaky,I can see you are going to be a bundle of laughs on hear,just what we need to brighten our day:thumb:

Hope the Dr's appointment goes ok for you and don't forget to put on clean underwear before you go just in case the unforgivable happens:eek: and glad that you have got the wardrobes done:thumb:

Shiney,I need me beauty sleep,havn't got time for sitting about on computers all night long,if I did I would soon get a numb bum:rolleyes:

10. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    @ Tweaky

Just to keep you in line

[​IMG]

11. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Kandy, why bother, if the unforgiveable should happen he'd probably cr@p himself anyway

[​IMG]

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Mike it was just a tongue in cheek saying which mums used to say to their spouses and children before they went out anywhere.I am not from their generation so wouldn't know why they would say it.No offence meant to anyone:rolleyes::eek:

13. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning everyone,
    tweaky...:D:D
    Up most of the night! Got to go out and do some digging and clearing to finish off the top of the garden. Only small but then so am I:D

Have a good day.

cheers

14. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    It's been fine all morning here, now that I've got to go out it's started raining.

Wish that bloke Sod hadn't made so many stupid laws

[​IMG]

15. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Brown undercrackers always worked for me Kandy, heh,heh.

My Doctor is rather tasty. I went in, stripped off and lay on the couch...she said Tweaky, why did you do that, you've only come for a prescription.[​IMG]

In these times of being strictly PC, should a female Doctor be called a Doctoress??