Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    We are off for a bit of a trawl on Tuesday, Meeting at Ulswater boathouse and ending up in the depths of Wasdale. Wasdale and Wastwater are great this time of the year because its quite a long trip away out of the lakes to get to, therefore not as many tourists to get "in the frame". We'll no doubt alter our plans on the day to suit the weather, if its sideways rain then it'll probably be moving water shots or just Black and Whites. But its mainly about meeting friends and Lunch at Loweswater will be welcome.

Steve...:)

2. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Mornin All...yea I know its around 13:00 but it's still morning to me..beauty sleep..I've never needed it:rolleyes:

Steve..B/W?? you still using old fashioned film then.;) I'm open for an invite for dinner...don't care what it is as I'm not fussy you know!!

Grand Prix is just about to start, had to set my alarm, heh,heh....no I am not telling the complete truth, I was actually up at the crack of dawn (10:00). The reason for my sleeping habits is because of 20 odd years of being a pro-musician, prior to that 10 years of being semi-pro. We all keep very different hours than people used to 9 to 5 jobs. Fortunately in our residence..the eldest lad is a musician and my Vonnie because of her dis, is always up until about 3 or 4 in the morning so we are all about when the rest of the UK is snoring.

They do say don't they, that some people are night people etc, depending upon what time you were born....I was born at 03:10 so it's fits it yea?

No gardening today, but the forecast is good for here tomorrow..so hopefully be able to plant a few things that are bursting out of their pots.

Well nice to see everyone is up and about....Bye the Way...what's this strange thing called ironing????:thumb:

3. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I always understood the larger, low on the horizon moon, was due to distortion caused by the earth's atmosphere, the nearer to the horizon the more atmosphere to look through, plus there would be a more noticeable curvature to the upper limits of the atmosphere at the lower angles than when looking straight up; dust and other particles in the atmosphere are also responsible for the reddish tinge.

4. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: I quite agree!!:D:D:D:D 02

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon everyone, well just about getting there, lounge finished and kitchen, bought some new curtains for my lounge putting them up tommorow, new net is up, bathroom getting all tiled on wednsday, putting some pics up of before and afters, just uploading them.
    dorsemike so sorry to hear of your wife taken into hospital do hope she is ok, give her our best wishes and a speedy recovery.

6. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    just been mooching on the site and finding all these interesting little topics.

I'm an early morning person, been getting up at 5 am for a very very long time, although I can manage to sleep in till 7 am these days.:) I just can't do late nights though.

Had big plans for the garden to-day but apart from fixing wind damage I have not done much. maybe tomorrow.:D

7. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    How about this for a large moon....

[​IMG]

8. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Who's been playing with Photoshop eh?

9. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry Mike...nope.

All done with sandwiched negs, library book and re-taking on trannie film using the filters in the enlarger head, in my own darkroom.:thumb:

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,784
    Good morning everyone,

tweaky, You're not supposed to talk dirty! :D :D

Lovely sunny day again today. Lots of things to do today so will not be around much.

Have a great day :D :D

11. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all, looking like it is going to be a nice day today, which will be good as there is lots to do..!!:D

:thumb: Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing..!!

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning all,hope you all had a good day yestreday despite the wind which was gusty to say the least:eek:

Spent three hours with Mr Kandy trying to clear some of the jungle in my FIL's back garden so that the runner beans plants he had grown and the seed potatoes that are shooting could be put out.Why he can't employ a gardener at his age {87} is beyond me but I think it is something to do with not wanting to part with money:rolleyes:Our BIL had it easy though he just sat and relaxed in the lounge and Mr K's sister came to watch at one point.I feel more shattered today after that three hours than I do after working on the allotment.I must be getting old;):D

Had chicken which Mr Kandy's sister cooked but it wasn't done enough so I just hope we have no ill effects from it.:eek:

Hope you all have a good day in all that you do:)

13. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Hello Good folks of GC!

I'm visiting my mum for a week and going to try and give her a crash course again in computers now that my big bro has finally managed to eradicate all the malaware that flooded in when she went onto Virgin Broadband :mad:

Mum is registered as Compost Corner and is looking forward to getting stuck in to gardening chat with you all!

Have a good day whatever you are doing

Kath x

14. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all, hope your are all ok:thumb: think my first job this morning is to see if my young dahlias survived the storm. thought the roof had blown off last night when lady imp started screamimg quick its goin over the fence..went to have a look and my table cover was 10ft in the air like a parachute.funny how lady imp didnt put her shoes and coat on and sort it out the crafty ******..ten minutes it took me in the heavy wind and rain and lady imp watched trough the conserv window when i came back in soaked and freezing lady imp was back watching tele with a glass of wine and a bar of choclate funny how they always say us men have it easy :D

15. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    First sunny day for over a week and Pops is coming for garden inspection.

The last time my Father came to visit it was all grass here so he's in for a surprise or two.:D I dont think I can get a pergola built by lunchtime so I may just leave hat for another day....that is if we have another dry day soon. :)

I expect GC will be quiet as whole today as people rush about playing catch up and fixing any wind damage from yesterday.

I think I escaped it here although one of my foxgloves looks a little battered.

Have a great day all.

Steve...:)