Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Good Morning. looks like a lovely day here too.:)
    already at work so nothing will get done in the garden till I get home at 4 pm.

Himself never came home till 4.30am this morning so there is no chance that he will be doing any work in the garden today.:rolleyes: Can't blame him though, he was busy.

First job to do when I get home is to pick up all those leaves that have completely covered all my flower beds in the front garden. That crab apple is shedding leaves like it does in the autumn. Then I might be abel tos ee if I have any plants underneath it all.

2. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    glad to see your not letting your mum off the hook c,m.. look foward to hearing from mummy monster:thumb::D

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks Inter! :)

You be a good boy with her! She's much more shy than me!!!!:D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, sounds like everyones been very busy in their gardens, im away for a new front door this morning, have a great day

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Thankfully although it was indeed terribly windy yesterday and we were praying that the greenhouse wouldn't fly off to the land of OZ we shouldn't have worried as Bob did a find job securing it all weeks before so we didn't have to do any stunt work like you did Ste although I have to admit I would have done the same if I was in Mrs.Imps shoes after all nothing should come between a lady and her chocolate!:D

Kandy I don't think I would have eaten that chicken if it wasn't cooked right you and your hubby are far braver than me that's for sure, I do hope you and the lovely Mr.K don't get ill!:eek:

Well after Saturday's rainfall I made sure we got a chance to go and do some more digging down at the alloment...so there was I working away in gale force winds and having a good giggle flapping my arms trying to fly just like the silly old bird I am!:D

Thankfully we managed to spent 2 hours there and things are coming on very nicely now. I'll post a few pictures on my thread soon.Have a nice day guys and girls.Hel.xxx.

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    Good morning, all :)

Had a fun day with a group of friends yesterday with lunch out in the mountains .... then back here for all to view and sit on the new patios .... till almost 6.30pm so we didn't get a lot done as planned in preparation for our visitor. :eek:

Off to the airport shortly after I make the guest bed up and do a few other things.

I'll try to pop on occasionally to see what you are all up to but I'll wish you a good week noow and hopefully some sunshine will come your way. :thumb:

7. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Good morning everyone.

Glad to see nobody seems to have suffered serious damage over the weekend. Looks like most of us are going to be busy today with one thing and another.

Hope you all have a good day.

cheers

8. takemore02withit

takemore02withit Gardener

Ratings:
    +40
    Morning all, I'm not a happy bunny this morning,:( got up to find my little plastic green house is all over the garden broken to bits. all the plants that were in there all one big mush:mad: The big potted plants were all blown over, but not to much damage there, just lost a bit of soil that can easily be remedied. I'll give it an hour or so to give myself time to calm down, and see what I can rescue. At least the winds dropped now and its not raining. 02

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    I used to think that as well Mike. The different colour phenomena are due to atmospheric conditions.

10. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Top 'O' the afternoon to everyone.

Won't be on myself much today either...thank gawd I can hear coming from the gallery!! I am shotly taking the youngest lad to somewhere in Wales with an unpronounceable name that isn't even on the map. Although, as I'm teaching the eldest to drive, I shall let him do it, so that I can view the country side as last time I did the journey I missed the scenery as I was driving.

So I wish you all a good day and catch ya later.[​IMG]

11. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    :eek: Tweaky....how the heck will you be able to enjoy the views with your eyes shut??:D

12. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Good point Nick, but I got his mate to pick him up in the end, so less 1 day for a heart attack, heh,heh.

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    Good morning everyone,

It looks set for a hot sunny day today :thumb: :). Only the pheasants and robins are at the bird feeder at the moment. I think all the other birds are having a late snooze as there is no bird song out there.

I've been out there and trimmed the edges of the lawns and have popped back in for a spot of breakfast. It will be a busy day for me today with a load of paperwork to do, two meetings this morning and and running the bridge club this afternoon. A few years ago some lying 'b' told me that retirement meant plenty of time to put your feet up and watch the world go by :eek: :D. No chance! :)

Have a great day :D

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney and everyone.:)

Shiney buisness people never retire they keep going until they draw their last breath.It is only us peasants that retire and watch the world go buy,though in this day and age the peasants of this world will have to keep working until they drop.The retirement age,and age for drawing our pensions gets further away so we will never enjoy any sort of retirement:rolleyes::D

Mr Kandy had a day off yesterday so we went over to the allotment to put out the last of the veggies so that they can get established before we go away soon.:) Very hot over there and we were both quiet creaky when we had finished and was so all night.Oh to be young and supple again:thumb:

WellI must dash as I have washing to hang out,animals to feed and clean out,dinner to prepare,lawns to be cut and then ironing when the washing is dry and in between all that the garden needs watering:eek: and house work needs doing.As I always say no rest for the wicked:D

Hope you all have a great day in everything you do:)

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    Morning Kandy,

I see you are going to have an easy day!!! :D :D :D :D