Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, kandy and everyone, weather is fab here on the north east coast, beautiful sunny morning .
    loads to do today clear the bathroom ready for the tiling tommorow so i have to move everything out into the spare room.
    picked the front door hubby is going to go get it this morning with his friend and get a new locking system for it and bits and bobs, getting it done on thursday.
    seen some nice tiles for my balcony at B&Q quite reasonably priced.
    have a great day everyone

2. Steve R

Steve R Soil Furtler

Carer
    Ratings:
    +3,702
    Off out in another coffees time with camera to meet friends and take photo's all day, really excited here..I'm like a kid with the anticipation of going to the funfair!!

Nice day here yesterday and my Father visited to inspect our new garden, it passed inspection thankfully even though there is still a big pile of timber on the grass waiting to be crafted into a pergola. Still, I may be able to get to that at the end of the week....I hope.

Have a good day all.!!

Steve...:)

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :thumb: Morning all, everyone's busy bees this morning then....:D Don't work too hard..!!! Shiney I have no idea where these people get the idea that retirement means nothing to do...!!!! I think you are busier than ever, trying to do all the things you always wanted to do, plus of course all the things other people want you to do..!!!!!:D:D Enjoy your day snapping then Steve.. Have to wait for a package to come today then I have to take it to Bristol to get the connections changed....:eek: Not really looking forward to that, but it has to be done...!! Still sooner in & done, sooner home to the countryside again..!!!:thumb:

:) Have a great day everyone whatever you are doing..!!

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and dolls!

02 you must have been gutted sweetie to find out your little greenhouse was thrown everywhere in your garden, isn't anything salvageable?

Tweaky good luck teaching the 'leaner driver' been there done that! The first one was so bad I just don't know how he passed his test me thinks he must have bung a bribe to the examiner.....still a terrible driver all I can say Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and you get the picture!:eek: Our younger son started driving at 16 on a special driving range and while everyone else was racing up and down on the straight he was in the hanger doing maneuvers needless to say he passed three months after his 17th birthday and is a brilliant driver!

Shiney I think with retirement you're even more busy than when you were working at least I know it's true of Bob when he first took early retirement he couldn't believe how he found time to do things while he was working never mind now....... the time just flies!:D

Kandy it was so hot yesterday at the alloment around 5.30pm that we only managed an hours work...far too much for us.

Steve you're not on your own there I still get excited going to the seaside although I do have to 'kidnap' my little niece that way I can act silly without people looking at me all the time thinking LOONEY!:D

Not been in our side garden since the winds were about the other day and got such a shock to see my Dude's tree was on it's side I screamed in horror as I thought it was broken but thankfully it wasn't so settle it down a little better now so hopfully it will be ok.

Lots to do today hopefully will get more done down on the alloment than we were able to do yesterday.Have a nice day folks no matter what you are up to.Hel.xxx.;)

5. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I can slow down a bit now, fed 2 cats and 3 students, stashed the dishes in the washer, put the last of yesterday's laundry through the dryer, had me own brekkie. Have to get the laundry upstairs and put away sometime soon. I'll set the anti virus scan running followed by defrag while I do the rest of the chores.

Did some dead heading of the roses last evening, filled a tesco bag from 6 plants, attacked some aphids, I'll do some more later.

6. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning all.. after reading how busy you are shiney i dont think i want to retire now,saying that ive got twenty years left so i will probably be working till im 75 anyway, steve i think we all get excited about going to the seaside..im having a lazy day today ready for my night shift tonight..have a good day enjoy the seaside and shiney have a good day at the bridge club:thumb:

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Don't envy you on your nightshifts Ste.:eek:
    Shiney it's hard work this retirement;)

8. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    morning walnut how did the bike ride go:thumb:
    i said i had twenty years left and its 27 years..ouch

9. Dorsetmike

Dorsetmike Gardener

Ratings:
    +0

Do you ever play bridge on line, I used to play on the MSN games site, had regular partners in Finland, Holland and Canada, good fun. noit played for a couple of years though, too busy, I was playing up to 6 or 8 hours a day.

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    Hi Mike

I've never played on line. I enjoy playing and play a little bit.

I run two clubs and am a member of another two so play club bridge about four times a week. I also play in three leagues and in some tournaments. So I just slot the little time all that takes in between gardening and all the other things I do :D :D

That's why I was working in the garden at 4.30 this morning and shall be back out there again this evening.

11. midnightrose

midnightrose Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    4.30 in the morning? Sorry I don't quite understand.

12. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Gud Moaning Peeps.

Well, near enough for me. Already said about the weather on the weather bit?

Considering what it's like, I shall leave the gardening for a bit...twill still be there tomorrow won't it.:rolleyes:

Will start some long overdue paperwork and pay some bills...yuck, whilst looking out the window at the weather.

Helofadigger, got a couple like that meself. The daughter takes her test in about 3 weeks. I did give her some lessons when we lived in Middlewich, (that's why we moved to Wales and left her there, heh,heh) If she ever passes a driving test...I think sex will be involved...say no more. However Patrick is pretty good, especially when 'mum' is in the car. Just wish I could get it into his head to leave more room when following a vehicle and not pay so much attention in his rear mirror. tut,tut. Anyway, I have told him, I have taught him how to drive, now he needs some pro lessons to teach him how to pass his test.

Right. Now where did those tax returns go tooooooooooo

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Midnight Rose,I htink Shiney means that because he is busy during the day time with all that he has on the go in his life as well as the bridge clubs,then it means that while we are asleep then he gets outside in the daylight and starts the gardening jobs he has to do,at least that is what I think he means.:thumb: I am usually outside in the garden anywhere between 5&6am at the weekends myself:D

Good afternoon Tweaky,nice to see you up and about this fine sunny day{well it is here where I live}.I hate Mr Kandy being with me when i am driving my car because he is a back seat driver,but as I pointed out to him I am only getting my own back on him for all the years I sat gripping my seat with his erratic driving,no wonder I am going grey:eek:.Enjoy those tax returns:D

Well I have got the back lawn mowed and have just come indoors for a bite to eat and have noticed that the ladies Wimbledon is on between one of the Williams girls and a girl called something Cavaday,so I might just sit and watch it:D

Enjoy your afternoon:)

14. tweaky

tweaky Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Good gawd woman the thought terrifies me, heh,heh.

Still not rained yet, so I am going to do a bit of planting and some watering...I must get off my buttocks and sort out this outside tap for the hosepipe. I've had the kit for nearly two years now and still not done it.:rolleyes:

Done the tax returns, the rest can wait...apart from paying some bills online later on, yuck.

Glad you're enjoying your day Kandy.

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Tweaky thought I had better edit my post to { garden anywhere};)

I have just finished mowing the front garden lawn and the grass verge and I have already hung out two lines of washing and then got them in when they were dry,walked down to the shop,for some ice cream to go with the rasberries we picked yesterday, and also bought next weeks TV magazine.

Put out next doors wheelie bin as they have gone away?and it hadn't been put out,but wish I hadn't bothered because it weighed a ton:eek:{only 3 in the family as well}
    Washed ours out after the bin men had been,cleaned out the Guneia Pigs,collected Poppy seeds from around the garden,took some plant photos and after doing this post I am going over to the allotment to water all the plants Mr Kandy so kindly planted for me yesterday while I did some weeding,watering and rotorvating phew......:)

And don't forget to do that water tap for Mrs Tweaky,plus the planting watering and paying those bills:D